Lucas Dias - Sporting CP

SpecialK

41 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

Heard of him before. Should mention he was born in Portugal so I'm gonna assume we're his second option.

Are u sure, because everywhere I’m reading he’s born in Toronto move to Portugal, when he was 11 with the sporting Toronto Academy sending him? 

3 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Are u sure, because everywhere I’m reading he’s born in Toronto move to Portugal, when he was 11 with the sporting Toronto Academy sending him? 

Ya you maybe right. Some sites say Portugal but they don't look convincing to begin with.

Did play for Portugal youth teams though, that's for sure.

10 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

Ya you maybe right. Some sites say Portugal but they don't look convincing to begin with.

Did play for Portugal youth teams though, that's for sure.

Honestly I don’t think so either, I have looked all through transfermarket and it doesn’t have him listed at all for Portugal youth teams. He may have been in camps but not officially playing. Transfermarket is really good with info. But a 17 year old playing U23 mins with ones of biggest teams in Portugal. He’s gonna have some talent . 

Just now, SpecialK said:

Honestly I don’t think so either, I have looked all through transfermarket and it doesn’t have him listed at all for Portugal youth teams. He may have been in camps but not officially playing. Transfermarket is really good with info. But a 17 year old playing U23 mins with ones of biggest teams in Portugal. He’s gonna have some talent . 

Sporting does have a good academy. I trust their ability to at least groom players to be better technically and tactically more so than others. Hurts to say that as a Porto fan.

I should say though, despite being called u23, majority of the players seem to be around 18-19 years old. Even had a 16 year old started in that match.

9 hours ago, SpecialK said:

https://www.fpf.pt/Jogadores/Jogador/playerId/970638/contextId/186

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

I saw him mentioned earlier and I think I saw that he is one of Portugal's best prospects ? Can anyone confirm that ?

I haven’t seen anything like that, but I wouldn’t be surprised. He’s played 4 games now with the U23 team as a 17-18 year old. 

38 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

Ya but like I mentioned earlier, their u23 is basically just 16-18 year olds.

Yes, but I’m assuming ( I could be totally wrong) he’s playing against mostly 20+ year old players. That’s gonna say something about his talent. 

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Good thing Portugal's current talent pool is the best they have ever had. I would even say top to bottom, they're the best in the world on paper.

This can’t be understated, Portugal and Holland are going through golden Generations. I think my Dutch boys are better but the reality is Ferdi isn’t breaking in and Dias is very unlikely to play for Portugal.

Hes a very good prospect that quite frankly would have been a part of their setup in other years. 

also if we don’t qualify he’s a 2003 who can come back next cycle.