Theo Corbeanu

jordan

11 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

Before everyone on here goes overboard with the opinions/comments, and starts jumping to conclusions… he was ruled out through illness, didn’t train the latter half of the week either.  

Let’s all relax 😅

Interesting that they left him in the squad, that being the case. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

On 8/14/2021 at 7:15 AM, Floortom said:

Yikes …that’s not a good sign 

It can be tough for young players to get playing time in English football.  I watched a 20 year old Serge Gnabry sit on the bench the entire first half of the season for West Brom.  He came on as a sub late in a game.  Then he started a cup game that I watched and I was like this kid looks pretty good.  He never saw the pitch again and he was recalled.  Now he plays every week with Bayern.  I have a hard time believing he shouldn't have been playing every week with West Brom.

Antibiotics? Infection? Evasive answer regarding the nature of it?

That's the best way to start a rumour that he got and STI. ;)

@shermanator , maybe Floro would have been a fan of Theo; he does indeed **** with his ****!

¡Con el pito!

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

32 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

I like Big Dave.  He's a pretty even keel guy.  Theo will get his opportunities.  I think this is a good club for him to help him develop.

I’m not too encouraged and actually more worried by that interview … Sounds like Big Dave has “his guys” (Theo not one of them) and he’s going to use them a lot.

On 8/18/2021 at 11:52 PM, canuckgbp said:

They play a lot of games and it is a long season. Sounds to me like he will get his chance. Up to Theo whether he takes it. I am actually encouraged from that interview. 

One of the Wednesday wide players - he started at RW the first two games - has been sold.  In theory that gives Corbeanu a better chance when he's back.  

"Sheffield Wednesday confirm Andre Green exit as winger completes shock transfer"

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/green-exit-sheffield-wednesday-transfer-21355843

Also they are slated to play on September 2 but the game will be postponed if Theo and a couple other players are called up for internationals. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/how-likely-is-it-that-sheffield-wednesdays-clash-with-sunderland-will-be-called-off-3352267

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

How was his play? Likely still going to need some more matches to fully adjust.

Didn’t see the game, just was checking to see if he got in. Just took a quick look at one of their supporters’ forums and they seem generally favourable but nothing crazy. Stuff like “looks decent”, “I like him already”, “good player”. No mention of any particular plays he was involved with though so I’d guess he didn’t make a huge impact.

19 hours ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

How was his play? Likely still going to need some more matches to fully adjust.

I have a good mate originally from Sheffield, a lifelong Owls man. Here's his personal report: 

"Theo made his debut off the bench last night and looked bright. He had a trick or two and was very direct. Often made the wrong decision but I like the look of him. Think he will start in the ‘Tinpot’ cup on Tuesday night so will update you. We hammered bloody Morecambe yesterday but wouldn’t have scored in a brothel!!! Unbelievable!"