Theo Corbeanu

jordan

“We had a lot of interest in Theo over the last 12 months and we’ve picked a club for football reasons, but also obviously it’s a big club, and the pressure of playing for a big club is an add-on for player development, and we think it’ll be good for Theo to hopefully manage and thrive,“ Wolves technical director Scott Sellars said in a statement.

“Ultimately, you’re always looking to step up and challenge yourself, and we say to a lot on young players about not finding your level, always be ready for the next level. We’re pleased he’s got this opportunity and hopefully it’ll be a really positive loan for him."

https://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2021/08/02/canadian-winger-theo-corbeanu-joins-sheffield-wednesday-on-loan-from-wolves.html

.”.”

18 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

Poor move - not based on league but based on the club.

Wednesday aren't a stable club for his development. Absentee ownership, shoddy admin, missed wages, managerial merry-go-round, mixed bag of largely overpaid players staying for the wages they can't get elsewhere while wanting out. Fans with unrealistic expectations of walking the league. Regardless of where they end up in the table this year - this is a club on its way down, not its way up. Not an ideal place for development.

Interesting article touching on all that.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/jul/31/darren-moore-immersed-in-reviving-sheffield-wednesday-after-chaotic-relegation

13 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

“We had a lot of interest in Theo over the last 12 months and we’ve picked a club for football reasons, but also obviously it’s a big club, and the pressure of playing for a big club is an add-on for player development, and we think it’ll be good for Theo to hopefully manage and thrive,“ Wolves technical director Scott Sellars said in a statement.

“Ultimately, you’re always looking to step up and challenge yourself, and we say to a lot on young players about not finding your level, always be ready for the next level. We’re pleased he’s got this opportunity and hopefully it’ll be a really positive loan for him."

https://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2021/08/02/canadian-winger-theo-corbeanu-joins-sheffield-wednesday-on-loan-from-wolves.html

.”.”

Im happy for him, to be fair this is a guy who a year ago, quite frankly, wolves weren’t huge on, and who seemed years away from this step. It can’t be understated that he has risen fast and climbed a lot this past year. He really earned his way, and is on a crazy rise. I hope this loan goes well.

5 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Im happy for him, to be fair this is a guy who a year ago, quite frankly, wolves weren’t huge on, and who seemed years away from this step. It can’t be understated that he has risen fast and climbed a lot this past year. He really earned his way, and is on a crazy rise. I hope this loan goes well.

I get it. I'm fine with it if Wolves bring in a winger. But with rumors of Adama being sold, we are pretty thin. And Gibbs-White has not been good to this point. 

42 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

I get it. I'm fine with it if Wolves bring in a winger. But with rumors of Adama being sold, we are pretty thin. And Gibbs-White has not been good to this point. 

I can tell you that Trincao is more a winger than anything else. He can't score, he's tricky and can dribble. He isn't fast though. He doesn't cross that well. But he looks like a really hot player and he'll be played. Until maybe sometime in a few months they figure out he is not that effective. Or else, wonder of wonders, he sorts things out and does help you. But as a wing.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

How do you make a statement like that, who at Wolves told you they weren't huge on him?  They gave him a new long-term deal last preseason...😅

5 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

How do you make a statement like that, who at Wolves told you they weren't huge on him?  They gave him a new long-term deal last preseason...😅

Do you have the athletic?

https://theathletic.com/2247578/2020/12/09/wolves-theo-corbeanu/?source=user_shared_article

ill try to find the other but he blew them away with his progress last year.

Edited by Dominic94

10 hours ago, Floortom said:

Here's a SW forum thread talking about Theo

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/302763-theo-corbeanu/#comments

They seem pretty excited to get him but also seem to be of the belief that they are very deep at the winger position right now. 

One guy already hates Wheeler after seeing him interview Theo.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I can tell you that Trincao is more a winger than anything else. He can't score, he's tricky and can dribble. He isn't fast though. He doesn't cross that well. But he looks like a really hot player and he'll be played. Until maybe sometime in a few months they figure out he is not that effective. Or else, wonder of wonders, he sorts things out and does help you. But as a wing.

So I completely forgot we got Trincao on loan. But even still... you've got Trincao and fucking Podence. Podence is not a Premier League winger... his consistency is so poor. If we keep Adama and Neto ends up coming back quicker than expected, we'll be fine. Neto is one of the best young players in the Premier League. Without his injury, I can almost guarantee he wouldn't be a Wolves player this year.

We do have an option to buy Trincao, so we'll see. We brought Trincao in because he played so many years growing up with Neto. 

Edited by Hawkguy

After nine years in the Championship, Theo's Owls start the League 1 Season away to Charlton tomorrow morning (9:30 PST) on DAZN.

Some seem to think he could get some minutes..

"It is conceivable Moore could field a completely different front three. There is a strong chance Theo Corbeanu will be deployed on the right, with Andre Green making way."

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-predicted-team-charlton-21245076

Edited by nolando

I actually watched most of the match…was absolutely atrocious quality. Charlton were probably the better side but that’s not saying much.

sheffield’s front 3 were terrible - especially the wingers. I was surprised  Corbeanu didn’t get at least a 10 minute run out but I guess he just joined the team. 

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I actually watched most of the match…was absolutely atrocious quality. Charlton were probably the better side but that’s not saying much.

sheffield’s front 3 were terrible - especially the wingers. I was surprised  Corbeanu didn’t get at least a 10 minute run out but I guess he just joined the team. 

But that's weird thing is they brought on Marvin Johnson, a left footed winger who they signed 3 days after Theo when I expected him to replace Andre Green.

Johnson wasn't anything special but doesn't seem a good omen for Theo, but I hope/suspect he can force the case.

Wanted to mention watched most of this game , I get it he needs to be loaned out to get playing time , but wow the soccer I witness being played I felt I was in a time warp and back watching 1970’s English soccer. It’s too bad he couldn’t get loaned to a league where they actually try to play some soccer but better than nothing I guess.

14 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

He can always be recalled.

If he isn't able to crack the lineup of a League One team, it seems like a stretch that his Premier League team would have a use for him in the lineup.

Anyways, let's have some patience. Hopefully he gets chances, even if he isn't an immediate every day starter.

2 hours ago, Kent said:

If he isn't able to crack the lineup of a League One team, it seems like a stretch that his Premier League team would have a use for him in the lineup.

Anyways, let's have some patience. Hopefully he gets chances, even if he isn't an immediate every day starter.

He can be recalled and loaned to a team that will play him.

I should have said that in full at first.