Theo Corbeanu

jordan

30 matches left. That's still a big opportunity. Wednesday is a big club with pressure to promote. Isn't this exactly the adversity that Wolves would like him to overcome? That's what it will take to play in the Premier League. Going out to D2 France or whatever isn't the answer. Work hard in training and break into the first team son.

1 minute ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

30 matches left. That's still a big opportunity. Wednesday is a big club with pressure to promote. Isn't this exactly the adversity that Wolves would like him to overcome? That's what it will take to play in the Premier League. Going out to D2 France or whatever isn't the answer. Work hard in training and break into the first team son.

Yeah that's a good point. I can imagine Wolves are disappointed he hasn't played more yet, but I am not sure they'd be upset at Wednesday. Unless there is a clause in place for x number of games, it's squarely up to Corbeanu for Corbeanu to get minutes.

While I agree that saying anything is a bad idea, I think Corbeanu is right to question the move if it was in fact decided by Wolves. The pressure to promote is absolutely existential for a teetering club like Wednesday. There was never any room for error in a move like this. Moore doesn't have the flex to blood in an unproven kid. that his club doesn't own. Unless Wednesday were using loans to stocking up on backup subsidized players FM-style, this move never made sense.

Of course, all is not lost. He still has 2/3 of a season to prove his worth. Hopefully he doesn't slink back to reserve football in January, his opportunity may come later than he'd like.

Loans are about working through being a real professional as much as playing. League one in a dressing room fighting with players who’s livelihood is on the line is much different from u23s football. trust me I’m talking from experience (First loan at Kilmanock!!) 
This is about growth and maturing. Fighting for your place and taking your Chance. This is his first loan and I think we need to be patient with it.
He needs to do the dirty not glamourous things off the ball. The tracking back and staying in shape and following a game plan and more important doing that in training. All the step overs and flair is great but being a proper pro is about all the other things. 
Darren Moore has to trust him and Theo has to hve the maturity to walk in Darren’s office and ask him what he needs to do to play more(that’s the advice I gave Liam) … Wolves like all clubs send players out to grow and be better players when they return… 

Theo is a very talented player there no doubt about that but what he does with it is up to him. Let’s hope he puts his head down and gets going nothing is guaranteed except death and taxes… plying time is earned not given…Liams time in the SPFL and league 1 helped him immensely…

just mho 

Edited by spitfire

My Owls contact says, "there is always one player that the fans love but the manager hates, and this year that player is Theo."

He added that, "Honestly, if he had the chance I think he'd  take it. I can understand why he's  upset, but our results have been poor since mid-September, and an 18 year old rookie, rightly or wrongly, may not be seen as the answer."

15 hours ago, nolando said:

My Owls contact says, "there is always one player that the fans love but the manager hates, and this year that player is Theo."

He added that, "Honestly, if he had the chance I think he'd  take it. I can understand why he's  upset, but our results have been poor since mid-September, and an 18 year old rookie, rightly or wrongly, may not be seen as the answer."

These old adages come to mind:

Marv Levy quote: "If a coach starts listening to the fans, he's going to wind up sitting next to them."

Everyone's favourite player is the backup goalie

1 hour ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

These old adages come to mind:

Marv Levy quote: "If a coach starts listening to the fans, he's going to wind up sitting next to them."

Everyone's favourite player is the backup goalie

As crazy as it sounds why not a loan to the MLS, if he comes here and does a Tajon Buchanan and gets a lot of playing time I think it can also help in his development. Yes I agree playing in these lower leagues over there can really toughen you up and make you a better player . But an MLS loan is not such a bad thing either looking how it has helped with guys like Davies, Larin  and now Buchanan who hopefully can continue his great play in Europe when he gets there.

19 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

As crazy as it sounds why not a loan to the MLS, if he comes here and does a Tajon Buchanan and gets a lot of playing time I think it can also help in his development. Yes I agree playing in these lower leagues over there can really toughen you up and make you a better player . But an MLS loan is not such a bad thing either looking how it has helped with guys like Davies, Larin  and now Buchanan who hopefully can continue his great play in Europe when he gets there.

I thought the same thing. MLS isn’t some shitty league where experience and ability counts for nothing.  If you get solid playing time here, you will be performing at a level that hones your craft. And if you can excel here in NA, you will show that you are ready for the higher tiers of European leagues.   

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I thought the same thing. MLS isn’t some shitty league where experience and ability counts for nothing.  If you get solid playing time here, you will be performing at a level that hones your craft. And if you can excel here in NA, you will show that you are ready for the higher tiers of European leagues.   

I'm watching Salzburg v Wolfsburg, and if John Brooks is a starting calibre CL centre back what does that make Miles Robinson, a guy who is 10x better? (not to mention Aaronson is starting in this one, too). The quality that NCAA/MLS is pumping out is fantastic.

15 minutes ago, hodgkiss said:

In my opinion, Brooks is not a good measuring stick - I have not seen many well played matches by him... ever. It feels like the best thing about American players is the agents that represent them. I think most of the American players are average at best.

I don't disagree, I'm just saying that he's an American centre back who is playing heavy minutes for a team in the CL, and he's definitely not the best American centre back out there. The gap is not as big as some people think -- we are seeing MLS guys go into good European clubs and becoming important contributors right away

4 hours ago, El Diego said:

I'm watching Salzburg v Wolfsburg, and if John Brooks is a starting calibre CL centre back what does that make Miles Robinson, a guy who is 10x better? (not to mention Aaronson is starting in this one, too). The quality that NCAA/MLS is pumping out is fantastic.

Brooks performance just deteriorated this season. He was a regular starter last year but now is on the bench for various matches. If he continues to play like he has, he won't be at Wolfsburg next season. 

Likewise, with the US, pre Octo, he was considered a locked-in starter by their fan base. After Long's injury, everyone was thankful for Brooks. But after his bad performance in the first window and his shambolic performance vs Lille, most have already moved on to the next new shiny candy.

On 10/20/2021 at 1:00 PM, SoccMan said:

At least in MLS landing on a bad team doesn’t mean relegation, sending managers scrambling for steely vets to eek out a few points to stay up and perpetuating a treadmill to nowhere for many. 

Not at all a bad suggestion but with the MLS season nearly over maybe a few other options will arise in the next window.

18 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Did anyone see how he did in his +8 minutes?

didn’t watch but reviews on Twitter and the SWFC forum are all quite good. Apparently he was direct, positive and created a few good opportunities. He started on the left and switched to the right.

they all want to see more of Corbeanu at this point - he may get a start soon with how poor Sheffield have been 

• 2 weeks later...