Belal Halbouni

CanadaFan123

20 minutes ago, Tyson M said:

FWIW, he is a CB and it's our worst position. I think we call him in over Didic or even Sturing, because if I recall correctly he didn't go to camp poutine because of Covid or something. Really with Kennedy out, a call up isn't as far fetched as some of you are thinking.

I don't understand how he could be ahead of Cornelius, Waterman, Bassong or James. Even Sturing and Didic are capped.  

26 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

I don't understand how he could be ahead of Cornelius, Waterman, Bassong or James. Even Sturing and Didic are capped.  

Didic and Sturing are at least playing first team football, but Halbouni probably has the higher ceiling. He passes the eye test with the Bremen reserves, so all that's missing is the first team chance now.

I understand the calls for Halbouni, because if he made his debut next weekend, let's say, I guarentee the real calls for him to get capped would begin, even though he'd only be 1 week removed from the player he is today.

Much of it is about perception, which is why I also get the calls for him to be with the big boys first.

Cornelius needs to be called. Captain of our Olympic qualifying team and now playing regularly in a first division.  He has been in camp with Herdman before and knows what is expected. Doesn’t mean Halbouni can’t be brought in as part of the taxi squad but there is almost zero chance Herdman would put him on the field in World Cup qualifying.

8 hours ago, Tyson M said:

FWIW, he is a CB and it's our worst position. I think we call him in over Didic or even Sturing, because if I recall correctly he didn't go to camp poutine because of Covid or something. Really with Kennedy out, a call up isn't as far fetched as some of you are thinking.

Yea unfortunately he didn’t get show show herdman his capabilities because he got covid in the January camp. Wishing the best and success for the young kid

This kid is really coming into his own. He looks really confident back there. He definitely should be considered bringing into the national team. He scored a nice header 2 games ago in their 8-1 win. And scored the game winner last game in their 2-1 win. 2 goals in 2 games from your cb. He did recently sign Alphonso Davies agent so Sky is the limit for this young superstar. I know that the first team did call him up to train with them so hopefully it’s only a matter of time before he bursts this bubble. He has size length speeed and an impressive vertical with strength. All the combinations for a great physical cb. 

45F666D3-59ED-4381-AE00-CD3DFD659F57.jpeg

03694337-BEFD-4D0B-9A31-9F902DBB4B49.jpeg

I mean - everyone is rooting for this guy. Some people are acting like we're hoping he fails or something. I'm simply saying I would not at all feel confident at having him appear in a World Cup qualifier given he plays in the 4th tier against poor competition. I mean sure if you want to call him to get a better look and for the experience then go for it. But a guy like Cornelius has played at much higher levels than Halbouni and has that experience so I cant see Halbouni being called before Cornelius. 

I love that his friends and family are on here supporting him :) it’s great and thanks for sharing more information about him. 

I understand the desire to pump his tires since he’s a relative unknown but as many reiterate on this board; he will play a significant role for the CANMNT if and when he’s “deserved it”. That generally translates to his club success. He is currently playing at a low level (albeit, apparently dominating) and seems likely that he’ll make the jump to the first team.

Once he’s proven himself against stiffer  competition, then we can start talking more seriously about how impactful he will be for the national team.

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

Treat them like we do all the other relatives that come here is all I'll say. So everyone should be liking and thanking the post with the information we receive, even if its just him playing against 5th tier competition. 

First they have to acknowledge the relationship. Until then, they're just some weird shills for a relatively unknown prospect.

1 hour ago, Halbouni_12 said:

Yes he is my lil cousin. We are proud. He is working hard and developing quickly. He is trusting the process and getting a bit of recognition. He still have room to develop. The good thing is Canada team is doing well and there are some promising players stepping in. I love our national team. And would be great and a dream come true if he was part of it now or later. The criticism is fine. People have their own opinions. Our skin is thick and will keep moving on. Negative comments won’t effect his abilities. He is a humble kid that is trying to live out his dream and trying to get better every day. There are a lot of Canadian youngsters that look promising as well. I wish every footballer has a chance to live out their dream and hopefully can help out national team our for the future of Canada soccer. 
Nothing but love!!

I don't blame you! If my little cousin was on the rise in any professional sport I'd never shut up about it. 

5 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Not sure if posted here already

edit: didn't mean for the image to be included on the quote tweet, just meant the goal... my bad

To be honest that takes a lot of confidence to do lol. Very good skill set as shown, excellent on the ball. I’m pumped to see this gent moving forward, every week is something exciting about him. 

I am very intrigued because he is a converted attacker -- centre backs that can not only pass but step through pressure are extremely valuable. I agree with the sentiment that he shouldn't be in the main NT squad until he plays in B2. I don't see how you can trust a guy playing in the 4th tier of Germany, notwithstanding he appears to be excelling there.

4 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

That was a lovely goal for a CB to score. A bit Luiz-esque, the way he strolled out of the backline into attack. Maybe he needs to ditch the pony-tail and go for a Sideshow Bob-style mop. 🙂 

Wasn’t he originally a striker (like Cornelius) so probably still has the nose for goal

On 9/30/2021 at 10:49 AM, Approve My Account Pls said:

Not sure if posted here already

edit: didn't mean for the image to be included on the quote tweet, just meant the goal... my bad

Wholly shit. I was expecting a header off a corner. This is really good stuff.

My over excitement has yet to be abated.