Belal Halbouni

CanadaFan123

2 hours ago, rydermike said:

So he's only played 3 games for the B team since his injury, the last in August. I wonder if he got re-injured. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start in MLSNP for fitness/game action before getting his MLS reps

hihihh.png

I agree. While I wish him the best of luck in getting his career back on track, it would be unreasonable to expect him to be an MLS starter or MNT call-up anytime soon. Give him time to acclimatize and take it from there.

If all goes well, I can see him on the MacNaughton/Waterman/Heibert trajectory, which is to say he'll eventually find his feet in MLS, then eventually he'll break into the national team for a handful of call ups, perhaps in his mid-to-late 20s.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Every national team has domestic guys who go on to have a single-digit cap international career. The more of those guys we have in our program, the better IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Halbouni_12 said:

Belal halbouni is very excited to be apart of the whitecaps culture. Once he gets his chance, he will solidify that position. He is pumped and is ready!

Can we assume you are family or friend? We are all hoping it goes great for him and he enjoys the support of those close to him as he works for this next step.

• 2 weeks later...