Belal Halbouni

CanadaFan123

13 hours ago, Jay striker said:

This guy has a great highlight tape. I found some footage on Youtube from years ago which i thought was very cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what this young man can do in Germany and perhaps on the national level one day. @halbouni_12 please keep us updated. 

Thanks. Appreciate it 

Just now, Halbouni_12 said:
12 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Did he ever get a look from any of the professional Canadian teams or the national team?

He had a trial set for Tfc but he had to decline last minute because of the whole Werder Bremen trial. That connection was through a friend and Belal’s connection aswell. And he also was training in Spain as mentioned earlier. 

On 2/5/2020 at 2:26 AM, Halbouni_12 said:

We have a family connection with Werder Bremen. He went to Spain to train for a week and we got a call for a week trial in Germany for a week. He showed some potential and they told him to come back in Jan. He took full advantage of the 3 week trial. They liked what he showed. 

Could I ask where he trained in Spain, and why? Asking as I am in Spain.

On 2/4/2020 at 8:37 PM, Halbouni_12 said:

I hope the National team calls him. It’s also his dream to represent Canada. He will definitely work hard to get there as well 

Who knows who they will call for centre-backs for the U23 team?

20 years old? Was he born in 2000? 2001?

If he is a 2001, it will give him a chance with the U20 team as well.

• 4 months later...

He wants to play for Canada then that's good but is he Iranian? If he is, then Iran could also try to steal him away from us. I mean looking at Iran right now, they are a World Cup nation in Asia. So all I'm saying is that it wouldn't surprise me if we lost him to Iran that's all I am really saying. I mean do I hope he chooses Canada? Of course!!!

26 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

He wants to play for Canada then that's good but is he Iranian? If he is, then Iran could also try to steal him away from us. I mean looking at Iran right now, they are a World Cup nation in Asia. So all I'm saying is that it wouldn't surprise me if we lost him to Iran that's all I am really saying. I mean do I hope he chooses Canada? Of course!!!

Like. What are you? An AI?

• 3 weeks later...

Belal has been doing alright since the lock down started. He was lucky enough that the team let him fly back to canada and spend his time here over the last few months. He was able to continue his training doing individual drills and training on his own. He is now back in Germany with hopes of starting back up again and grinding it out soon.

He would be 100% committed to playing team Canada. Born and raised here in this amazing country and will be proud to wear the jersey if he does get the call. 

I'll keep you guys posted on his training and news

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...