Stefan Mitrovic

Blackjack15

8 hours ago, Floortom said:

0.4 goals per 90 minutes is a pretty good scoring rate for a 19 year old wing /AM in a solid pro league. Wonder if he starts generating interest from bigger clubs soon.

That is impressive. 

9 hours ago, Floortom said:

0.4 goals per 90 minutes is a pretty good scoring rate for a 19 year old wing /AM in a solid pro league. Wonder if he starts generating interest from bigger clubs soon.

Yeah anywhere where he can get European football as well. I wouldn't mind seeing him play for the Belgrade clubs but would prefer to see him take his chances in a reputable league. 

49 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

If we call him up for the qualifiers, I think he’s ours…

1) Played with Corbeanu growing up and they remain close friends. They talk almost everyday. 

2) Talks frequently with Borjan. They’re both from Hamilton. Friends with his nephew.

3) He’s prepared to make his decision in January, where we happen to be playing in his hometown.

Serbia have him in their plans but it sounds like his agent and father are putting pressure on both countries (as they should).

1 hour ago, FC_Hali said:

2) Talks frequently with Borjan. They’re both from Hamilton. Friends with his younger brother Nikola (also a keeper) with Red Star U19

FYP Transfermarkt says Nikola Borjan is the nephew of Milan Borjan (Red Star Belgrade) but Stefan said younger brother.

Is that common knowledge (Nikola with Red Star U19) because I didn't see him on the ol' MOACA

Edit: considering the age difference maybe it is his nephew, looks like I got beat to the news in another thread

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

3 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

FYP Transfermarkt says Nikola Borjan is the nephew of Milan Borjan (Red Star Belgrade) but Stefan said younger brother.

Is that common knowledge (Nikola with Red Star U19) because I didn't see him on the ol' MOACA

Edit: considering the age difference maybe it is his nephew, looks like I got beat to the news in another thread

Nikola Borjan is Milan's younger brother. Here is a recent interview with him (unfortunately in Serbian only) which confirms that they are brothers, but there is a significant age discrepancy. Nikola is born in 2004. 

Edited by boris4c

Looks like he is definitely trying to leverage the current spotlight on him to get a spot in Qatar.  No idea if it will work out for him but I get the strategic move. The x factor is how important Herdman views him in our plans going forward and how he feels about getting pressured like this by the kid and his advisors.  Hopefully it doesn’t backfire on him.