Stefan Mitrovic

Blackjack15

30 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

However, since Serbia they did qualify for Qatar, I wonder if they look at him for Qatar? Canada we too are on pace to qualify and if that happens, it creates quite the scenario doesn't it?

They don't call too many guys from Serbia to their own team and I would figure they will go with the team that brought them there.

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

However, since Serbia they did qualify for Qatar, I wonder if they look at him for Qatar? Canada we too are on pace to qualify and if that happens, it creates quite the scenario doesn't it?

Serbia is not looking at him. There is really one player who stands a chance at being called up from the domestic league and that would be Aleksandar Katai. None were called up for the last qualifier vs. Portugal. 

Serbia has a deep talent pool and Mitrovic is not even in the Top 100 or close to it. 

Just now, Atlantic said:

Maybe it's hypocritical because I was against the Enes Sali's father pushing him to play for Romania but Stefan's brother and dad always like the tweets from Canadians about potentially calling him up. To me this guy is clearly ours if we want him. 

Yeah, the sad part is that we don't seem to want him. About a month ago on Northern Futbol if I'm not mistaken, Thomas Nef said that Canada soccer has not been in contact with Stefan. On the podcast, both Peter and Thomas have mentioned in the past that Canada soccer are in constant communication with the likes of Dias, Flores and Jebbison which suggests to me that Mitrovic is not a priority. Now the episode where they mentioned Mitrovic was before he got called up by the Serbian youth team so maybe communication has picked up since then. 

I would be very surprised if Herdman has not spoken to Mitrovic about a January camp or another opportunity for Stefan. He seems to be a very good prospect. Perhaps Ivan (The proud Dad) can let us know if any conversations at all have happened. It would be very strange if Herdman turned his back completely from this player. Mitrovic for Canada!

53 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

I would be very surprised if Herdman has not spoken to Mitrovic about a January camp or another opportunity for Stefan. He seems to be a very good prospect. Perhaps Ivan (The proud Dad) can let us know if any conversations at all have happened. It would be very strange if Herdman turned his back completely from this player. Mitrovic for Canada!

This is his brother above. Also his dad has hinted many times that politics are the reason Stef hasn't ever been called to Canada. We all remember the Bontis rant 😂, to which he apologized after.

To be fair the decision to leave him off the extended 50 man Olympic roster was laughable when he was already receiving minutes in the Serbian top flight. It would have been nice to see him in the 60 man gold cup roster as well. For once a dual national is actually leaning towards Canada let's hope Herdman has started showing interest.  

5 minutes ago, bwilly11 said:

Nice to see a successful dual who actually seems to be holding out for us. Perhaps he is worth a call to in Jan. I wonder how he would stack up

Just to try and bring a taxi squad including Mitro, Flores maybe Dias would be good. I'd say Jebbison too but I reckon he will be in the squad ahead of Cavallini. 

image.png.dfc37fa50fd241e37b70494a3d55192a.png

Translation: Steffi received an invitation to play for the A National Team of Canada !!!! Stefan, you were born in Canada, she gave you a lot, you also exploded in Serbia in football! Fk Radnicki made you a great player and a big thank you to Rasha Bebic, Milorad Kosanovic, Marko Jovanovic, Radoslav Batak to my brother, Milan Djumi Djuricic asks me Stefi Zoki what do you think ?! Choose where your heart says

11 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Translation: Steffi received an invitation to play for the A National Team of Canada !!!! Stefan, you were born in Canada, she gave you a lot, you also exploded in Serbia in football! Fk Radnicki made you a great player and a big thank you to Rasha Bebic, Milorad Kosanovic, Marko Jovanovic, Radoslav Batak to my brother, Milan Djumi Djuricic asks me Stefi Zoki what do you think ?! Choose where your heart says

Huge if true!! Landing some true 10s would be huge for our program

11 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Fantastic if true.

I want to see what this kid can do. With the goals and minutes he's getting in Serbia, at his age, I expect him to come in and make an impression.

Does this mean he filed a one-time switch?

13 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

What does it all mean? 😂

I think we get him in the nick of time if this comes off.

Serbia has capped other promising domestic players his age, such as Nemanja Jovic.

Sure, he plays at a bigger club (Partizan), but the stats in the league are similar (same number of games played, but Stefan has 1 more goal) and both spent time with the U-21 team. It's not as if Rad are some minnow either (they are sitting 6th). 

I think he’s ours. His dad was tweeting out clips of his days in Canada earlier this afternoon. Maybe all sentimental about his sons call?

i find it interesting how early offers are going out, guess they need time for the one time switches. Wonder who else got the calls already 

Edited by Approve My Account Pls

1 minute ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I think he’s ours. His dad was tweeting out clips of his days in Canada earlier this afternoon. Maybe all sentimental about his sons call?

i find it interesting how early offers are going out, guess they need time for the one time switches. Wonder who else got the calls already 

To add to it I figure Corbeanu is gonna push him to Canada as well.