Stefan Mitrovic

Blackjack15

No harm IMO to post this if Tata is the source 

Proud Dad who loves/invested in his son’s career 
Young man trying to grow his career starting in Serbia and hopefully future Canada 🇨🇦 player 

BTW-some great Twitter posts showing Stef and Theo from back in the day from Dad

better than random sources to me to post these rumours 

Zivelli 

5 hours ago, johnyb said:

🤔, Lots of Canadian connections. Red Star (Borjan), Brugge (Buchanon), Genk (Ugbo), Bologna (Breza). Cant be a co-incidence.

His agent, a Croation former pro with very little experience as an agent (and who I call bullshit on all the clubs being named, except maybe Red Star), played for Serbian White Eagles in 2013-14 (so I am assuming he is ethnically Serbian).

His dad and the novice agent are just shopping the kid to clubs where they can call up with a Canadian connection and try things that way. 

If Stefan had an experienced agent, his father would have been told long ago to shut up and let the agent do the work. What Stefan should do is fire his agent, and find another one.

So I'll post apart, not just the previous reply. 

I am dismayed so many here give credit to this sort of rumour mill, and worse that Nef would feed the BS. He should know better. No negotiation done properly is trousers unzipped and ass in the air the whole way, every way, like the boys having a piss fight in the snow.

His agent, Zoran Rajovic, did not only play for Serbian White Eagles a few years back, he's the current coach. For a league conceived to serve the interests of organised crime.

Stefan needs to get away from these guys asap, apart from the fact that his agent is not a certified FIFA agent means maybe he'll have a chance. The guy is just naming random teams, trying stir up some interest to see if they can get a bidding war going. I bet not one of those clubs has approached them. 

Would it make sense for the kid (if he is leaning towards Canada) to get outta Dodge, if he has the chance.  Can't see him being a popular guy in Serbia if he has played for the U21s and then goes to the Canada big team.  Maybe they have enough guys in the pipeline to not care, IDK.  Red Star does seem like the likely choice, though.

33 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

His agent, a Croation former pro with very little experience as an agent (and who I call bullshit on all the clubs being named, except maybe Red Star), played for Serbian White Eagles in 2013-14 (so I am assuming he is ethnically Serbian).

His dad and the novice agent are just shopping the kid to clubs where they can call up with a Canadian connection and try things that way. 

If Stefan had an experienced agent, his father would have been told long ago to shut up and let the agent do the work. What Stefan should do is fire his agent, and find another one.

I have to admit I had the same impression but didn’t want to speculate or accuse anyone of anything.

either way we’ll see happens soon

Edited by Floortom

5 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I have to admit I had the same impression but didn’t want to speculate or accuse anyone of anything.

either way we’ll see happens soon

In the end a club could come along, pay his current club something modest, and if they accept he goes. If the club does not accept, he stays. 

So I am not saying he may not move on, because despite the bs surrounding him, he looks good, and he's young

But no serious agent laughs in the face of his player's club, stating as a fact he'll be going when he's under contract. 

Or lets a dad bray all over the place. It is just amateur, but as I say, if he makes a move up now, all power to him.

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

In the end a club could come along, pay his current club something modest, and if they accept he goes. If the club does not accept, he stays. 

So I am not saying he may not move on, because despite the bs surrounding him, he looks good, and he's young

But no serious agent laughs in the face of his player's club, stating as a fact he'll be going when he's under contract. 

Or lets a dad bray all over the place. It is just amateur, but as I say, if he makes a move up now, all power to him.

Quit stalling boy. Explain yourself in the Justin Smith thread. 

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So I'll post apart, not just the previous reply. 

I am dismayed so many here give credit to this sort of rumour mill, and worse that Nef would feed the BS. He should know better. No negotiation done properly is trousers unzipped and ass in the air the whole way, every way, like the boys having a piss fight in the snow.

His agent, Zoran Rajovic, did not only play for Serbian White Eagles a few years back, he's the current coach. For a league conceived to serve the interests of organised crime.

Stefan needs to get away from these guys asap, apart from the fact that his agent is not a certified FIFA agent means maybe he'll have a chance. The guy is just naming random teams, trying stir up some interest to see if they can get a bidding war going. I bet not one of those clubs has approached them. 

Yeah you tell him, random internet user!

17 hours ago, Markoaleks said:

Young man trying to grow his career starting in Serbia and hopefully future Canada 🇨🇦 player 

BTW-some great Twitter posts showing Stef and Theo from back in the day from Dad

Zivelli 

I respectfully disagree.

34 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Hasn’t Jonathan David’s agent done this twice now?

David has a set, a team of agents working for an agency, all FIFA authorized. So when it happens, it's done selectively, in dialogue with the home club (though it may not seem like it), and not randomly. 

Then there are styles, some more overt like Mendes or Raiola, or those guys Bale has, others lower key. 

Mitrovic's rep is just imitating without a strategy, he's not FIFA approved and he has no substantial portfolio. But as I say, if a club wants Stefan it'd be capable of looking past a loose screw of an agent,as long as the agent, or dad, don't screw up a confidential negotiation by acts of bad faith. 

On 12/24/2021 at 3:45 PM, Markoaleks said:

Zivelli 

Tata is trying to create buzz and interest in his boy from the average "not in the know" Canadian fan... Anytime a parent has to do this so publicly, its usually not a good sign of things to come lol.  Most people here don't even know how good he is or is not, everything up to this point with Stefan has been driven by his dad on twitter.  Reporters ask the dad for some inside info so they can write a tweet to get some attention, no one actually vets the info though.

Nef should know better than to feed into rumors, hurts his credibility.  

Edited by Footyeh

Cut by TFC Academy and overlooked by CanPL during its open tryouts (probably difficult to get anywhere near the Forge if there's no Sigma angle )

so I can understand why his father might want to highlight this stuff in a we told you so sort of way in a Canadian context even if he should probably wind his neck in a bit about it. Misleading people about an official offer from Red Star could backfire spectacularly on them in a Serbian context so I would be very surprised if that part is made up. The info has already been picked up by the mainstream media there.

A long winter break 18 months before contract expiry when he is closing in on 20 years old and an established first team regular is probably around the optimal time for Radnicki Nis to secure a significant transfer fee with appropriate sell on clauses so wouldn't be at all surprised if they have set the terms from their standpoint and it's up to the player to decide between any offers that come in at that point.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

Man this is so entertaining!

The article is claiming that Stefan has picked Canada.....again based on his Dad's tweet which is in Serbian.

I honestly don't remember a time when there has been so much hype/news regarding Canada's mens program.

January is going to be so fun!

5 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Cut by TFC Academy and overlooked by CanPL during its open tryouts (probably difficult to get anywhere near the Forge if there's no Sigma angle )

so I can understand why his father might want to highlight this stuff in a we told you so sort of way in a Canadian context even if he should probably wind his neck in a bit about it. Misleading people about an official offer from Red Star could backfire spectacularly on them in a Serbian context so I would be very surprised if that part is made up. The info has already been picked up by the mainstream media there.

A long winter break 18 months before contract expiry when he is closing in on 20 years old and an established first team regular is probably around the optimal time for Radnicki Nis to secure a significant transfer fee with appropriate sell on clauses so wouldn't be at all surprised if they have set the terms from their standpoint and it's up to the player to decide between any offers that come in at that point.

5 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

This talk of getting cut from various professional or NT programs is so overrated and irritating.  Pro sports is littered with these kinds of stories in every program.  Look at Alistair Johnston as one shining example.

Regarding Forge not signing him, it would have been tough to sign a 16-17 year old in 2019 when roster sizes were so small, let alone give him the playing time he needed at that age. 

9 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I just hope people don't lose their shit if January turns out to be not so fun, it could happen.

It all depends on what you think is fun. If we expect all of Jebbison, Morales, Mitrovic and Dias to commit as fun then yeah we could be disappointed.

Edited by Sal333