Stefan Mitrovic

Blackjack15

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

I thnik mitrovic's Dad is just a big coffee drinker.  He gets a little worked up with his morning expresso and cant hold in his excitement for his kid.  I dont know how Spitfire or Kennedy's Dad can know these kinds of things and sit on them, when there is so much speculation going on.  I guess its what UT was talking about, protocols that most parents understand and are more discreet.  

The funny thing is that even little amateur sport dads (and moms) generally know that there is a game that you have to play other than on the pitch/court/wherever.  You keep the coaches happy, you participate in the camps (in my son’s case, provincial level high-performance clinics) and you don’t rock the boat too much in case your kid is on a bubble sometime and your shithousery ends up being the deciding factor.  

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

You keep trying, this kid doesnt have anything to do with that.  Looks like he is a 10, that would take on of the middle slots, over Oso or mb kaye (dont really have a 10), running the offense.  He would fill a spot that we are thin at.  And playing in the serbian top league starting at 18 and playing well..that doesnt count as not doing anything.  The kid is doing what he needs to do, progressing....if we can ge exicted about MLS prospects that havnt done anything, we can give this kid some love too.  

My post wasn't meant to be taken literally about his positioning and certainly wasn't meant to demean him.  But in the grand scheme of things he is a ways away.  Like Larry Bird said to the great Clyde Drexler "You're a rookie, you haven't done anything"  Let him come to a camp and see if he's up to the hype. I'm not saying he's not,  I hope he is.

12 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

The funny thing is that even little amateur sport dads (and moms) generally know that there is a game that you have to play other than on the pitch/court/wherever.  You keep the coaches happy, you participate in the camps (in my son’s case, provincial level high-performance clinics) and you don’t rock the boat too much in case your kid is on a bubble sometime and your shithousery ends up being the deciding factor.  

B-ball??  

22 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I dont know how Spitfire or Kennedy's Dad can know these kinds of things and sit on them, when there is so much speculation going on.

I don't know, if I had a kid in this situation, watching this lot spin and speculate and spin some more would be my favourite pass time.  I'd probably have to double or triple my popcorn budget.  Of course, then I'd have to send obscure tweets like "Big things happening!" or reply with 🧢 to a random CSA tweet just to amp things up.

1 minute ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

My post wasn't meant to be taken literally about his positioning and certainly wasn't meant to demean him.  But in the grand scheme of things he is a ways away.  Like Larry Bird said to the great Clyde Drexler "You're a rookie, you haven't done anything"  Let him come to a camp and see if he's up to the hype. I'm not saying he's not,  I hope he is.

Not a rookie, he was with the first team last year too wasnt he??  And he is doing well, although I am no expert on Serbian football.  Its not like some of these duals, playing youth ball for some club.  If Okello and Nelsen can have senior appearances after cups of coffee with TFC, whats the problem??  When do young promising kids get a game??  

1 minute ago, El Hombre said:

I don't know, if I had a kid in this situation, watching this lot spin and speculate and spin some more would be my favourite pass time.  I'd probably have to double or triple my popcorn budget.  Of course, then I'd have to send obscure tweets like "Big things happening!" or reply with 🧢 to a random CSA tweet just to amp things up.

HAHA, or maybe randomly like european pop stars or tv programs just to get the super sleuths talking about which way your kid is leaning.  "oh Boy Hombre just liked an ABBA post...maybe the kid is going to sweden!!"  

Just now, Bison44 said:

HAHA, or maybe randomly like european pop stars or tv programs just to get the super sleuths talking about which way your kid is leaning.  "oh Boy Hombre just liked an ABBA post...maybe the kid is going to sweden!!"  

I'd be tweeting a different country's flag every two weeks:

"Is that a Burkina Faso flag?  Is Hombre Jr. going to get capped by Burkina Faso?  CAP HIM NOW!"

3 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Is George Morrison still around?

Ha.  Yeah.  He doesn’t coach the provincial teams anymore but he does run some of the HP camps.  He worked them pretty hard at a summer camp a couple of years ago - left an impression lol.  He is a bit more old-school than some of the guys they have there now.   We are really lucky to have some great coaches actually.  We got involved just as the program started to really get professionalized.

And in typical Island fashion, I have also worked with George’s brother for years.  

7 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Ha.  Yeah.  He doesn’t coach the provincial teams anymore but he does run some of the HP camps.  He worked them pretty hard at a summer camp a couple of years ago - left an impression lol.  He is a bit more old-school than some of the guys they have there now.   We are really lucky to have some great coaches actually.  We got involved just as the program started to really get professionalized.

And in typical Island fashion, I have also worked with George’s brother for years.  

Scott ever come home and go to a camp?  He's in Australia now.  Old school?  I went to a Jack Donohue camps in the 70s :)

17 minutes ago, Shway said:

Now if only he came to this forum, and posted the same stuff he's posting on twitter. I wonder if some of you would change the tone of what your saying....🤭

In a word, no.  Like I said to the guy who was training kids and recommending them to go other countries and figured we'd back down to a "name", again in a word, no.

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Haven’t seen him around.  I didn’t realize he was down under now.  Wonder if he will be back in the NBA at some point 

Probably, Perth (the team he went to) are like the Yankees of the NBL (I think)  Their former coach is now an assistant with the Raps.  I'd say Scott will be an NBA head coach someday, he is highly regarded

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I thnik mitrovic's Dad is just a big coffee drinker.  He gets a little worked up with his morning expresso and cant hold in his excitement for his kid.  I dont know how Spitfire or Kennedy's Dad can know these kinds of things and sit on them, when there is so much speculation going on.  I guess its what UT was talking about, protocols that most parents understand and are more discreet.  

It is very very hard to sit on things some times lol 

5 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

Yeah that second tweet is bigger for me.  Players love a coach who is straight with you.  I’ve worked around hockey and the NHL for years.  The perception is John Tortarella is a jack ass of a coach, but former players always say they liked him because he was straight and honest with them and where they stand.  Seems like Herdman does that, lays his cards on the table and backs it up with actions.  No b.s. or broken promises.  Appears Mitrovic is getting the respect players are seeking, nothing more, nothing less 

I love Tortarella and his melt downs. 

I grew up playing against Hamilton Serbia and Hamilton Croatia. For those across the country as you can imagine these teams were passionate about their soccer. It was always an incredibly fun game even at the u12 level. 

Anyway I have a friend who is very ingrained in their closeknit community. (A childhood friend of Borjan and his kids have trained with Red Star coaches). When I brought up Mitrovics dad and the tweet regarding the Olympic roster he immediately told me that his dad is going to ruin his career. Spoke very highly about Stefan being one of the best youth players he had ever seen, but had nothing good to say about the dad.

45 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

I grew up playing against Hamilton Serbia and Hamilton Croatia. For those across the country as you can imagine these teams were passionate about their soccer. It was always an incredibly fun game even at the u12 level. 

Anyway I have a friend who is very ingrained in their closeknit community. (A childhood friend of Borjan and his kids have trained with Red Star coaches). When I brought up Mitrovics dad and the tweet regarding the Olympic roster he immediately told me that his dad is going to ruin his career. Spoke very highly about Stefan being one of the best youth players he had ever seen, but had nothing good to say about the dad.

The big game in Vancouver was the Div 1 men's match between Croatia and Serbian White Eagles. Very "assertive" soccer was played and serious bragging rights were on the line. A good friend of mine, of Serbian decent, played in the former Yugoslavia for Partizan Belgrade in the very late 1970's. He described the experience as intense and beneficial, and the club's drive to succeed as almost fanatical. Remember that Yugoslavia was once ranked third in the world. And, yes, my friend's Serbian dad was very involved in "guiding" local coaches about how to coach and play his young and talented son almost to the ruin of my friend's soccer journey. Some parents are sincerely, but excessively involved, and, for sure, not only Serbs.

12 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

When I brought up Mitrovics dad and the tweet regarding the Olympic roster he immediately told me that his dad is going to ruin his career. Spoke very highly about Stefan being one of the best youth players he had ever seen, but had nothing good to say about the dad.

And this is an opinion I'll take with a grain of salt....
Facts are, he should've been on that team but wasn't even listed in the 50 man prelim squad. So his dads reaction was warranted the way I see it. If he didn't respond that way, it's arguable that he would've gotten the attention required to get the call today.

Secondly is his dad his agent? If not, once you are a professional player how does a parent "ruin" ones career? If anything his dad is the reason he has a career...