Stefan Mitrovic

Blackjack15

14 minutes ago, Xavier. said:

Most of these duals are not "2nd generation kids who still have a connection to where their parents were born and bred".

Mitrovic has lived 17 out of 19 years in Canada

Flores has lived 14 out of 18 years in Canada

Jebbison has lived 14 out of 18 years in Canada

These players have strong connections to Canada.

SMH No one is denying their connection to Canada. Go google what 2nd Generation means because I don't think you understand.

5 minutes ago, Matro25 said:

SMH No one is denying their connection to Canada. Go google what 2nd Generation means because I don't think you understand.

I know what it means, I just competely misread it lol. I agree we shouldn't be shrugging off anyone. Any player that has a connection and Wants to play for Canada should be welcomed. (Koleosho, Smith, Solholm)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dejan_Savićević

...First of all, I don't want to do something stupid and end up like poor Miralem Zjajo. I'm fully conscious of the fact that leaving your natural setting too early can mess up a young player's career. You know, I remember Božidar Bandović. He was perhaps a better player than I am right now. He went to Red Star and became a bust there. Then he began globetrotting all over before settling in indoor football in the United States. I mean, kudos to him for all the dollars he's making, but at the end of the day it's indoor football. I want to play the "outdoor" one. So, for me to leave just for the sake of leaving and then become a bust, that wouldn't be good. My natural setting is Titograd, and then Yugoslavia. Only once I outgrow that will I go further. Money is still not my main motivation. The game itself is. To have the fans admire me and give me adulation. To cheer for me. That's still not out of my system, I still like that applause noise when I pull off a good dribble and score.... You know, the way I see it, Milko Đurovski is the best player in Yugoslavia right now, but what good is that if he doesn't have a platform to show it to the world. Last season he didn't even play half of Red Star's league matches and then in the summer he transferred to Partizan thereby giving up a chance to play European competition. The seasons are coming and going and he's not being showcased. D'you know what I mean, what good is it if he's the best? On the other hand, players that are a lot more modest in talent and ability compared to him like Marko Elsner and Milan Janković are constantly on the big stage either through the national team or through Red Star's games in the European Cup. So what's better I wonder? To be a talent and the best player no one sees or to be prudent and make sure I always play on the right stage even if I'm not the best. I read somewhere that Velibor Vasović is the most successful Yugoslav footballer of all time in terms of the silverware he's won. Not Šekularac, not Džajić, not Bobek — but Vasović. I'm a practical pragmatist and I'd prefer to have Vasović's fate over Šekularac's fate. This is why I'm still pondering my next move...

39 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

For him, i think it would be difficult to come if his transfer isn't finalized. Hope i am wrong though

The reasoning Galindo gave, if I recall correctly, was that if he were to transfer he'd need to settle quickly into the new environment, thus moving would hamper the likelihood of showing up for Canada. That makes sense to me.

If no transfer materializes why would it be difficult for him to come? Wouldn't staying at Rad just make his availability no different than anyone else?

39 minutes ago, Obinna said:

The reasoning Galindo gave, if I recall correctly, was that if he were to transfer he'd need to settle quickly into the new environment, thus moving would hamper the likelihood of showing up for Canada. That makes sense to me.

If no transfer materializes why would it be difficult for him to come? Wouldn't staying at Rad just make his availability no different than anyone else?

I think unless every transfer option is dead, they would wait to see what pops up before the window closes

26 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

I think unless every transfer option is dead, they would wait to see what pops up before the window closes

Yeah I figured that's what you were getting at. I think chances of it playing out that way are low. He seems to be very eager to represent Canada. Would he really turn down a call on the hope a move materializes? I am not sure, but I guess we shouldn't rule it out.

So far we know the big clubs are not guaranteeing minutes, and we also know a Red Star offer was on the table.

I bet that Mitrovic accepts the Canada call and let's the other chips fall where they may. 

1 hour ago, Tyler55 said:

Ivan isn't saying anything hmmmm, could this be a good sign? 😂

Small, but possibly relevant, tidbit to add: In the thread for the 4th window I mentioned earlier that I saw his brother like one of Wheeler's roster tweets. Just went back to check that and it's no longer in his liked tweets. Could mean fuck all, but going back to like and then unlike a Gareth Wheeler seems quite deliberate unless you're El Hombre trying to hit him after a few too many

16 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Small, but possibly relevant, tidbit to add: In the thread for the 4th window I mentioned earlier that I saw his brother like one of Wheeler's roster tweets. Just went back to check that and it's no longer in his liked tweets. Could mean fuck all, but going back to like and then unlike a Gareth Wheeler seems quite deliberate unless you're El Hombre trying to hit him after a few too many

If its this one. It still shows up in his likes for me.

28 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Now that you mention that, I checked Ivan's likes and I noticed he recently liked this tweet...