Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

Also questioning Paton being brought over Baldisimo. Might be a case where Baldi is better off at his club if he's just going to play a bit part role with Canada though.

With Eustaquio, Kaye, Osorio and Piette the midfield is strong. 

Excited to see Tyler Pasher too. He's been one of the best Canadians in MLS this season and deserves a chance. I expect big things.

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

Wondering if the Caps begged to keep him. MDS's ass is probably on the line

If I was Gutierrez, I would have been begging to get on this team to get in the picture for September with Adekugbe absent from here.    

3 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Excited to see Tyler Pasher too. He's been one of the best Canadians in MLS this season and deserves a chance. I expect big things.

I think this sends a message that you can get yourself in the NT picture through club form and grinding it out at a lower level.  Massive props!  

7 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Also questioning Paton being brought over Baldisimo. Might be a case where Baldi is better off at his club if he's just going to play a bit part role with Canada though.

With Eustaquio, Kaye, Osorio and Piette the midfield is strong. 

I think it is more of a case of Fraser chosen ahead of Baldisimo while Paton is there with Wotherspoon missing, given my understanding of the respective player profiles

56 minutes ago, Floortom said:

The US c-team is very solid if not spectacular. Might struggle with creativity and grabbing goals but I think they will be organized and scrappy. Dike will also be tough to handle 

This is more like the US B team, or B minus, but anyhow, I agree. That team, despite missing the stars, is good and can potentially win this whole thing. 

2 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

Looks like Pasher could be the backup LWB.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Houston looked to be using him in an inverted role on the right flank.  Regardless, he's there ahead of (I'm sure is disappointed) Gutierrez.

Of course always going to be disappointed to not see David or Hutch. Positive news on Jebbi and not too surprised with Flores. Wanted to see ZBG/Guti as well, specially Guti with not many natural LBs on the roster. I encourage you all to take a look at the Americans final 23.. ours looks stronger. By the composition of our lineup I think we will be favouring a 4-3-3 instead of a 3-5-2, and we will see Davies at LB a lot. 

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

1 minute ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Of course always going to be disappointed to not see David or Hutch. Positive news on Jebbi and not too surprised with Flores. Wanted to see ZBG/Guti as well, specially with not many natural LBs on the roster. I encourage you all to take a look at the Americans final 23.. ours looks stronger. By the composition of our lineup I think we will be favouring a 4-3-3 instead of a 3-5-2, and we will see Davies at LB a lot. 

I really doubt that we see Davies at LB a lot. He wants to be an attacker for Canada and he's made sacrifices to be at this tournament. If we were going with a LB in a back 4 I'd expect Miller, Laryea or Kennedy there.

Hopefully Crepeau or St. Clair get the major minutes , these two guys are the future right now of our Canadian national team in terms of the keepers that we have. Look yes I do have a huge bias for Canadian players that were raised here playing most of their youth soccer here in Canada. Saying all that of course will never turn down a talented player like an Arfield who had never set foot in Canada until he was picked to play for our national team, but do have a bias for our home grown players that’s just me .