Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

4 hours ago, VinceA said:

I'm interested to know if this snub could eventually drive Baldisimo to the Philippines. I don't see their being much experimentation in September and beyond and it seems that Herdman has his "guy" in Liam Fraser who keeps getting calls.

Baldisimo just turned 21… he’s way too young to feel overly snubbed.  He was a member of the Olympic U23’s so he’s in the mix for the future if he continues to improve.

Edited by TOcanadafan

2 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

lmao, alright, the last few posts on this thread have finally given me a good idea of the majority demographic age that frequents these forums  😂

I've been on these forums a long time and even I know what no cap means. Maybe I'm on Twitter and IG too much.

Seeing our 23 man squad for Gold Cup a lot of names I saw there that should be there but there were some surprises such as:

- Absences of David, Borjan, Hutch, Millar, Wotherspoon 

- Inclusions of Pasher, Akinola, Paton

But still a strong side for the most part

38 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Not sure if this video interview with the press was posted before:

https://www.tsn.ca/gold-cup-roster-alphonso-davies-ayo-akinola-1.1662593

Love him trolling Molinaro over the Jonny David story haha.

Herdman clearly reads every story.  I wouldn't be surprised if he even reads this board.

3 hours ago, narduch said:

Saw TFC's Chris Armas is lobbying to have his Gold Cup players for his July 7 match. That would be only 4 days before our first match.

Such horsesh$t.  Bradley and Altidore have gone to Gold Cup the last 3 cycles??  The 2 DP's??  Finally both of them could go and no one would miss them and they stay.  

5 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Such horsesh$t.  Bradley and Altidore have gone to Gold Cup the last 3 cycles??  The 2 DP's??  Finally both of them could go and no one would miss them and they stay.  

And it's not like the Gold Cup came out of nowhere 

3 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Love him trolling Molinaro over the Jonny David story haha.

Herdman clearly reads every story.  I wouldn't be surprised if he even reads this board.

Is it trolling or just a general explanation of David's situation? Looks like Molinaro simply wrote that article without knowing that David would not get the call.

I actually can’t stand that we keep getting in groups with Non-Fifa teams at the Gold Cup.

It hurts our team’s FIFA rating and those teams don’t really add to the competition.  When we don’t get enough opportunity to play against good teams this continues to hinder our opportunity to move into the higher pots.

Its been 3 gold cups in a row where we have had this.  Why can’t some other team get these matchups.