Jayden Nelson

KW519

2 hours ago, Macksam said:

My opinion on the whole TFC and the abysmal record of developing players while they are in the backyard of a talent rich are? Well, that's just their prerogative, almost makes me wish that Red Bull choose us as their MLS destination rather than New York. Now, the initial knee jerk reaction by people will be "No!!! We can't have such soulless corporate brand as our team's moniker!!!" but these same idiots are perfectly fine with supporting a club that has a soulless corporation in Bell/Rogers owning the team. The question then becomes do you want a subversive devil or the devil that reveals itself?

are you calling me a idiot for supporting my local team that wants to win stuff

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty solid game tonight.  Still gets caught trying to dribble through people sometimes but was solid in attack and generated some chances (or plays that should have led to chances).  Really hoping he can continue progressing this year and get lots of minutes.   Definitely enough encouraging signs tonight that I think he will get solid playing time in the coming games.  

16 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Pretty solid game tonight.  Still gets caught trying to dribble through people sometimes but was solid in attack and generated some chances (or plays that should have led to chances).  Really hoping he can continue progressing this year and get lots of minutes.   Definitely enough encouraging signs tonight that I think he will get solid playing time in the coming games.  

I was actually really impressed with him tonight, we know he has high end skill but I think he was a lot better when it came to keeping possession and decision making. Would love it if he became a Ronaldinho lite.

14 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I don’t know why people consider this a scarlet letter. 

Sure, from what we saw last season, he over dribbled / was too individualistic. But last night, when he did take on a man he did it with purpose or when it was the only forseeable play to be made (with very few exceptions). Sometimes stuff not coming off is the price you play for an eventual brilliant play. In the one sequence, he occupies 3+ defenders by dribbling through then gets the ball across goal. That’s a great outcome even if it didn’t result in anything at the end.

A really progressive performance vs. What we saw last year. Think a European move (within reason) is not out of the question if he can show consistent performances like this.

Edited by ag futbol

14 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Was one of their best players tonight, made some great plays, some moments of brilliance not sure I would have subbed him off.

I was upset at this too but I’m fairness I think Bradley’s hand was slightly forced. He had brought on Achara at half for a struggling Deandre Kerr and wanted to get Okello in to shore up midfield.

Otherwise I think he leaves Nelson on.

3 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

It never ceases to amaze me the bad musical choices folks use to accompany videos.  I often recommend something Simon and Garfunkel made famous...The Sound of Silence

Or, we should get the organist from the Beijing arena who played the Partridge Family theme song during the breaks in the action during the women's gold medal match.  That made this oldster chuckle 😆

20 minutes ago, ag futbol said:

I was upset at this too but I’m fairness I think Bradley’s hand was slightly forced. He had brought on Achara at half for a struggling Deandre Kerr and wanted to get Okello in to shore up midfield.

Otherwise I think he leaves Nelson on.

I was also surprised to not see Priso but I think once Bradley saw everyone slipping and sliding on the pitch he wasn't going to risk Priso's ankle on that grass.

12 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I was also surprised to not see Priso but I think once Bradley saw everyone slipping and sliding on the pitch he wasn't going to risk Priso's ankle on that grass.

Was he on the bench?   I didn’t think he was available last night. 

EDIT: just saw that he was.  That is encouraging at least.   

Edited by dyslexic nam

• 1 month later...