Jayden Nelson

KW519

They overpay Bradley and Jozy by MILLIONS, per season, nobody cares.  Shelling about a few 100k on those kids so they wouldnt jump ship and leave ala Aleman, Petrasso and Carriero (all those years ago), is protecting the investment.  But if you never sell them...and then dont try to develop them......what was the point of it all?  Its good business, if you have too many good young prospects to realistically play, you sell some of the ones that have value and move on.  Sell Nelsen, more playing time for Rutty, who the brass seem to rate more anyway.  Move out Dunn and Romeo, play SIngh. 

Young kids see that there is a pathway and the team will help you and maybe some of the kids that have been slipping through TFC academys net, will stay.  Maybe if they had sold Okello years ago, he would be a better player now, TFC would have that boost in prestige and rep, and everyone would have been better off.  

9 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

They overpay Bradley and Jozy by MILLIONS, per season, nobody cares.  Shelling about a few 100k on those kids so they wouldnt jump ship and leave ala Aleman, Petrasso and Carriero (all those years ago), is protecting the investment.  But if you never sell them...and then dont try to develop them......what was the point of it all?  Its good business, if you have too many good young prospects to realistically play, you sell some of the ones that have value and move on.  Sell Nelsen, more playing time for Rutty, who the brass seem to rate more anyway.  Move out Dunn and Romeo, play SIngh. 

Young kids see that there is a pathway and the team will help you and maybe some of the kids that have been slipping through TFC academys net, will stay.  Maybe if they had sold Okello years ago, he would be a better player now, TFC would have that boost in prestige and rep, and everyone would have been better off.  

and 10 years ago these guys would be making 0 and training at the local gym 2 nights a week

9 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Good post.

And to add.....you kind of need a revolving door of talent, otherwise things get stale and you have good players not getting developed (i.e. Dunn, Nelson, etc.).

Sell them on and take the profit, it puts money in your pocket and you open a spot for another promising teenager. Keep the ones you want (JMR, Schaff) and sell the others. That should be the name of the game.

It appears that TFC are FINALLY beginning to follow through on all 'develop/sell' young players talk. They have hinted at it for a while now, ever since Ali Curtis joined I believe.

Ironically he is now gone as the first REAL signs of change are emerging.

They've just been dreadful at this stuff compared to other MLS clubs. I hope we are now witnessing them turning the corner.

10 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Good post.

And to add.....you kind of need a revolving door of talent, otherwise things get stale and you have good players not getting developed (i.e. Dunn, Nelson, etc.).

Sell them on and take the profit, it puts money in your pocket and you open a spot for another promising teenager. Keep the ones you want (JMR, Schaff) and sell the others. That should be the name of the game.

It appears that TFC are FINALLY beginning to follow through on all 'develop/sell' young players talk. They have hinted at it for a while now, ever since Ali Curtis joined I believe.

Ironically he is now gone as the first REAL signs of change are emerging.

They've just been dreadful at this stuff compared to other MLS clubs. I hope we are now witnessing them turning the corner.

lol dreadful....come on man.they were too busy trying to win cups.i dont see too many 17 18 19 year olds playing big mins on man city liverpool BM

2 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

lol dreadful....come on man.they were too busy trying to win cups.i dont see too many 17 18 19 year olds playing big mins on man city liverpool BM

MLS as a whole seems to be split into teams that develop and sell players (FC Dallas, Red Bulls, Philadelphia) and big-spenders who chase trophies (LA Galaxy, Seattle, Atlanta, TFC). 

It’s not as black and white as that, of course, but generally speaking there’s not much crossover.

55 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

and 10 years ago these guys would be making 0 and training at the local gym 2 nights a week

You act like TFC was the only possible way for some really talented Canadian kids to have a pathway to pro footy.  That simply isn’t true.  Their academy is a good option for some kids but it is far from the only one.  It is silly to think that a guy like Nelson had no chance at anything other than “making 0 and training at the local gym 2 nights a week” if it wasn’t for TFC.   

51 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

Exactly.   This is unfolding exactly the way it should be.  Liam Fraser got loaned out and is getting more playing time as a  result.  Now we learn that this kid could be on the move to a good club in Europe.  Nothing wrong with that and thats what you want to see.   

47 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

im happy if they sell.they should of sold ayo last jan.all im saying is these players should appreciate what they have here.a pro environment,which wasnt around before mls.some guys on here make it seem like a prison,free him lol.without tfc and mls half these guys would be playing for woodbridge strikers for free

Or they would have gone to NCAA like Johnston, Buchanon and Miller, or avoided TFC like the plague (David) and had very nice pro careers and had more of an impact on the CMNT than all TFC acadamy grads so far.     

@Bison44

Those guys entered the league in their twenties.  These kids are teenagers.   How would Johnston, Buchanon,  Miller have looked for TFC had they been there when they were 17-18-19?  

Probably just like these teenagers looked this year (ie>; 2 years away from being ready)

Why is it that ppl think that teenagers can step into a pro club and be just as good or better than someone with 10 years experience.  How many teenagers do you see around the globe getting starters minutes a pro environment of a reasonable stature?   

Edited by Free kick

the last time canada made the worldcup was when there was a pro league.and now we are close to another world cup because we have pro teams.young kids go watch a gio,oso davies with 30k at a game.and maybe get inspired,add that to a pro style environment,who will develop better players has we can see now.the raptors are a prime example.before raptors the odd good canadian player after the raptors tons of great canadian players,dont get me wrong,im all for selling players and become stars and play for canada,its all about canada soccer for me,but what do you want tfc to do sell them at 17 and 18 for 100k after they invested 4 or 5 years in them at the acad

7 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

the last time canada made the worldcup was when there was a pro league.and now we are close to another world cup because we have pro teams.young kids go watch a gio,oso davies with 30k at a game.and maybe get inspired,add that to a pro style environment,who will develop better players has we can see now.the raptors are a prime example.before raptors the odd good canadian player after the raptors tons of great canadian players,dont get me wrong,im all for selling players and become stars and play for canada,its all about canada soccer for me,but what do you want tfc to do sell them at 17 and 18 for 100k after they invested 4 or 5 years in them at the acad

I love how alot of your pro tfc posts include things like the bolded above. Yes! That is exactly what everyone wants them to do. Makes much more sense to me than have them sit in a bench and never see the field, thereby developing to a certain point with no further opportunities.

22 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

I love how alot of your pro tfc posts include things like the bolded above. Yes! That is exactly what everyone wants them to do. Makes much more sense to me than have them sit in a bench and never see the field, thereby developing to a certain point with no further opportunities.

my pro tfc post.yes i support club and country and reality,who do you support

Edited by reggietfc

43 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

In the end if these players are good enough and have the right attitude they will have prosperous pro careers . How old was Atiba Hutchinson when he left Canada for Europe almost 20, how about Paul Salteri around 20 , but we are expecting TFC to regularly play 17 and 18 year olds and think an academy player who hasn’t got major minutes and is only 16 to 20 years old has wasted his time with TFC and would have been a superstar already if he was a regular starter. The only Academy player that has earned regular minutes out of all these young TFC players is Priso and anyone with any kind kind of an eye for talent could see that this kid was more or less ready for major minutes the first time he stepped onto the field with the TFC ‘s first team in 2020 . It’s not as simple as just playing a kid over and over again and he will magically improve unless you are a special talent like I think Priso is who was already doing things on the field that guys 10 years older were doing . I remember that big debate a few years back how Quinlan Roberts should have been the TFC keeper ahead of Bono , the same Quinlan Roberts that went to the CPL with Forge and couldn’t hold down the starting job there either and lost it to Henry. I guess Bobby probably saw the same things that Vanney saw when he picked Bono over Quinlan Roberts . In the end was just not good enough even for the CPL. It actually happens some players just don’t have the talent to make it to the next level no matter how many minutes you play them unfortunately.

Edited by SoccMan

4 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Don’t you know your not allowed to support TFC as your club if your a real Canadian soccer supporter , get with the program bud !

Or, TFC just makes it way too easy to laugh at them. I have an irrational disdain for them. Years ago, someone on here had an annual thread that would count down the number of games until TFC were eliminated from the playoffs. It was my favourite thing on here. I grew up in the GTA during the Ballard era, so that probably explains it. 

Anyways, as you were. I am enjoying this. 

6 minutes ago, kacbru said:

Or, TFC just makes it way too easy to laugh at them. I have an irrational disdain for them. Years ago, someone on here had an annual thread that would count down the number of games until TFC were eliminated from the playoffs. It was my favourite thing on here. I grew up in the GTA during the Ballard era, so that probably explains it. 

Anyways, as you were. I am enjoying this. 

You must have been one miserable person in 2017 then , my belated condolences.

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Everyone?  And you have asked every one of the 20K season ticket holders right?   

Edited by Free kick