Jayden Nelson

KW519

3 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Is it just me or does it appear on one of the replays that Osorio goes up to an RSL defender and starts trash-talking him after the goal?

Yes, and it continued for a few minutes after the goal as both of them got a yellow card.

26 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

If I recall correctly wasn't his first goal for the national team similar?

Yes, but not nearly as nice.  Goalie for Barbados was caught out and he put a low distant shot that nestled into the corner of the empty net.  The exact same instincts with this goal as well.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Purely robbed of a goal today. Been very lively. Might be an outside bet at a call up for nation's league if he continues at this pace.

Needs MUCH better decision making. All season he's been beating 1-2 players, then has time and space to pick out a pass but decides to take another man on and lose it. It'll be the difference between him having a successful career in Europe or being a talented but inconsistent MLS lifer.

Took this one in live. The kid was absolutely robbed. Even my wife who basically knows nothing about soccer (aside from years of watching me trying to run the length of myself) could tell that was a clear goal.

Nelson though for all of his decision making challenges was clearly the guy who was going to make something happen. That's a far cry from where he was last season, despite him needing to get better.

I bet Herdman is watching him closely and I wouldn't be surprised to see him sneak into Nations League. He's obviously a talent.