Jayden Nelson

KW519

Really enjoyed him that first half. Couple of scream at the TV moments but I think we are finally starting to see why there was hype around him.

I feel he is a bit like Larin in the sense he was built up as the next great Canadian hope and suffered a abit with the pressure and certainly improving his defensive side which took away a bit of his fresh flair and confidence. He has had a bit of time to go more under the radar with hype in lots of other players. Hope he continues pushing on, learning and improving.

Yea I’ll digress from what I said early this week. 

One thing I’ve noticed is that although his final third decision making still needs improvement. He has made massive strides in this department. A lot of the times, I felt like he didn’t know what to do, or where to be….but that happens with growing pain reps.

I just hope his growth isn’t stunted to much from the inevitable loss of spot to Insigne.

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

He still needs to work on his decision-making but after 45 minutes he is involved in a ton of TFC’s positive attacking plays.  At only 19 I still pick him to be a pretty serious baller in the years to come.  As he continues to get some of the bad habits/decisions coached out of him, I think he will become a really dangerous attacker.  

It was weird, there was actually a moment tonight when my section was yelling at him to shoot and he opted to pass. Deferring to Akinola on the second goal and a couple other plays that he made showed growth, whereas earlier in the season, he'd put his head down and blast it.

Just now, mtroads said:

It was weird, there was actually a moment tonight when my section was yelling at him to shoot and he opted to pass. Deferring to Akinola on the second goal and a couple other plays that he made showed growth, whereas earlier in the season, he'd put his head down and blast it.

I also think he was aware that he should have cut the ball back to Ayo when he got the second chance by the goal line.   After that he seemed more inclined to look for the pass because I think he knew he had made a bad choice.  

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

That’s what I think.  The stuff he is good at is stuff you can’t teach. And the stuff he needs to improve on is stuff that you can easily coach out of him.   That is why I am so optimistic about him.  

I agree. I just hope with all of the new additions that Priso and Nelson will get enough reps to improve. 

10 hours ago, BradMack said:

With Insigne coming in, kind of hoping Nelson or Shaff will get a CPL loan to dominate the league. 

Perhaps Insigne plays behind the striker or more centrally. Depends on what happens to Poz though

10 hours ago, BradMack said:

With Insigne coming in, kind of hoping Nelson or Shaff will get a CPL loan to dominate the league. 

If I were either, I would strongly resist such a move. If they go down, the perception will be that they couldn't cut it, and the likelihood that they come back up is less than the chance that a fresh face is given a chance. We'll see, but I can't think of anyone who has stepped down to the CPL and then gotten another chance. It's still early days, but if I were them, I'd rather be traded.

11 hours ago, BradMack said:

I think for Nelson a move to Europe, even in a lower league would be better than a step back like the CPL. Hell, going the Fraser route and playing in a very low division at least gives him a better shot to stick around on an MLS team if he doesn’t latch on in Europe than if he goes to the CPL.

12 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Pepple just signed on with a league One team. Surely Nelson could at least crack that level if he tried to make a go at Europe? He trained with Anderlecht last winter. I think he’s young enough that many teams way better than the CPL would be interested in his services.

I think Nelson should develop in MLS until he can make a move to a club like Anderlecht, or Club Rouge.

And no, that's not a typo :)

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think Nelson should develop in MLS until he can make a move to a club like Anderlecht, or Club Rouge.

And no, that's not a typo :)

He should definitely stay in Toronto if he can hang on, for sure. It’s gonna be crazy when Tajon, Larin, Laryea and Jayden Nelson deliver another title to Brugge. Just 25,000 Belgians singing the Canadian anthem. It’ll be beautiful

• 4 weeks later...