Jayden Nelson

KW519

34 minutes ago, narduch said:

Love these kind of goals.

What a finish!   But for those that didn’t watch the game, the goal is only half highlight.  He read a pass from the RSL keeper perfectly and then timed his tackle perfectly before the RSL player could turn.  Catching the keeper off his line and that finish was just the icing.

22 minutes ago, SoCalTransport said:

I don’t like VAR, I find human mistakes adds to the theatre of a match 

Not me. I think the outcome of a game should be decided as much as possible by 22 guys on the pitch, now 23.  Anything that eliminates officiating errors is fine as long as it doesn’t destroy the beauty of the game.  As long as VAR is done right, I am in favour.

As for Nelson’s goal - super happy for the kid and love that his first one will make the highlight reels.  Between his goal and Thompson’s, a couple of kids scored a couple of beauties tonight.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

2 hours ago, Sal333 said:

I gotta hand it to Toronto's manager. He has the team playing decently and he is using many of his his young players who are mostly Canadians. I really didn't expect that from Bradley.

I am really happy he is playing the kids but last night TFC were under a ton of pressure for long stretches of the game.  They were pretty lucky to get a draw IMO.  Hopefully we will see progress over the year with the young guns, but there is a lot of work to do overall. 

1 hour ago, ballerz said:

You got to be good to be lucky and catch breaks, and Bob Bradley is quite good. He has been playing the Canadian kids but in the early goings, they seemed to have tons of defensive miscues for me to say that they are at the right level. But the team have found ways to get a result.

I think the miscues are part of the learning process and to be expected.

10 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not me. I think the outcome of a game should be decided as much as possible by 22 guys on the pitch, now 23.  Anything that eliminates officiating errors is fine as long as it doesn’t destroy the beauty of the game.  As long as VAR is done right, I am in favour.

They might as well as I had VAR doing the whole match in Vancouver last night instead of Petrescu.

3 hours ago, Sal333 said:

I gotta hand it to Toronto's manager. He has the team playing decently and he is using many of his his young players who are mostly Canadians. I really didn't expect that from Bradley.

Bradley is definitely known for believing in young players and giving them lots of minutes, but I too didn't actually expect him to rely on young Canadian players this much, especially given TFC's ownership and the way the first-team has been run for the last decade+.

Huge props to him in that regard, it's ludicrous the way the club hasn't given meaningful minutes to so many deserving academy players over the years when TFC is in the middle of Canada's biggest talent hotbed.