Tajon Buchanan

nolando

Watched Club Brugge for the first time today as they took on PSG. They are good, with some really interesting players (De Ketelaere, Vanaken, and N'Soki were all great). I assume this was their best XI, and if so there is certainly a path to minutes on the wings. Brugge played with inverted wingers on both sides, but Sowah on the right seems like an easier guy to steal minutes from than Lang on the left (small sample size aside). Interestingly, it was a bit of a lopsided 4411/4231 -- Sowah was hugging the touchline on the right while Lang was higher and more central on the left. I think they may also play some 3 at the back with wing backs in other matches, but I'm not sure on that.

12 hours ago, costarg said:

Please no

It’s a transition move before switching into a permanent home. Chicago attendance went down the first year they moved to a SSS. They got out of it for good reason. 

Some of these places are in awful locations and just don’t draw.

23 hours ago, Macksam said:

Funny thing is I think a few more clubs might be doing that in the next few years, moving back into NFL stadiums from their MLS 1.0 SSSs. Dallas and Colorado come to mind. 

Don’t think Dallas is going anywhere, they just renovated that stadium and it also houses the American soccer hall of fame . The place fits around 20000 and they usually get 15000 or so it’s perfect for them and they own it and get most of the revenue from soccer and other events that happen there . Colorado needs to try and do what Columbus did and build a stadium in downtown Denver like Columbus did in downtown Columbus. Chicago just needed to move back to downtown Chicago and if things work out will hopefully build their own soccer stadium downtown, but they first need to put a winning team on the field , they have been so bad forever.

Watched the replay again. Man, he broke two tackles, knocking both guys to the turf, and barely seemed fazed. Maybe the football field inspired him. Or, even better, maybe the spirit of 27 year-old Mark Messier got into his blood. Tajon plays with a bit of f.uck you in his bones, don't you think? I love it. Davies plays with pure joy, like he's got Mozart dancing in his blood. (And then there's Johnson, who looks as innocent as a toddler, but who drinks the blood of newborns just for kicks.)

Appears that the edible has kicked in. Time to write the great Canadian novel! 

On 9/22/2021 at 7:02 PM, canuckgbp said:

It's an assist, and the build-up is impressive, but really the goal is on Gil and the weak defense and keeping. 

Thinking back to the Olympic qualifiers. Tajon was one of our better players, but Tabla was good, breaking lines in attack; so was Godinho, who was a real leader. Just makes you think that if Tajon can do it, taking that step up and being decisive, showing himself deserving of moving on to another level, these other guys can as well. 

9 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Watched the replay again. Man, he broke two tackles, knocking both guys to the turf, and barely seemed fazed. Maybe the football field inspired him. Or, even better, maybe the spirit of 27 year-old Mark Messier got into his blood. Tajon plays with a bit of f.uck you in his bones, don't you think? I love it. Davies plays with pure joy, like he's got Mozart dancing in his blood. (And then there's Johnson, who looks as innocent as a toddler, but who drinks the blood of newborns just for kicks.)

Appears that the edible has kicked in. Time to write the great Canadian novel! 

Made me cackle.

"Alistair, is it true you drink the blood of newborns to obtain eternal youth?"

"Of course not, don't be absurd... I drink it for the taste"

Aside from the ugly lines on the field, that was pure beauty.   The progress in Tajon’s game over the last 12 months has been absolutely ridiculous.  I know he was playing well last year but he has gone to a completely different level this year.  It really does remind me of Davies near the end of his time in MLS when it was obvious that he had outgrown the league.  

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Wtf is up with the football paint and MLS this year?  Is it just me or is it happening more and more?  This long with NYCFC's pathetic excuse for a pitch is shitting all over the quality of the game.  

More games packed into a tighter schedule this year (due to Covid) means less changeover time for the teams that play in NFL venues. 

There’s are also one more team that plays in an NFL venue this year (Chicago), so that adds to the number of clashes. Next year Nashville will have their own stadium but Charlotte comes in with an NFL venue so it’s a push.

5 minutes ago, canadasoccer20 said:

Very early on in Champions League but Tajon's future team Club Brugge off to a great start with 1 win 1 draw in the group of death. Maybe this team will hold it's own in the group after all..

I encourage anyone to watch this team, lots of cool players. You'll be able to say you watched De Ketelaere before he became a world class super star. Anyone who suffered through David at Lille would be treating themselves.

I still maintain that he can take minutes away from Sowah at right wing who I thought was ineffective again today. I know Sowah was their record signing, and I do think he can be useful, but that's where I think they'll want Buchanan. Right now Ignace van der Brempt is the replacement for Sowah, though apparently he's a right back by trade. Buchanan will obviously spell Lang at left wing too when he cannot play. I also wonder if they'll use him as a right back when chasing the match as a replacement for Mata.