Gold Cup 2019

Another Sportsnet article but now focused on Atiba.

The match against Dominica in Toronto was Hutchinson’s first under new coach John Herdman, and what immediately struck the native of Brampton, Ont., were the waves of positivity surging throughout the Canadian camp, and how the confidence emanating from his teammates was palpable.

“We want to be the best team here and want to make Canada known in the soccer world. That’s what we all talk about when we speak to each other one-on-one or as a group. We’re here to win the tournament. That’s the way we’re approaching it. We feel as though we can go out there and play against the best in Concacaf. We haven’t played any big opponents in the last little while, but the results have gone our way and we’ve been dominant in games,” Hutchinson said.

“It’s definitely still in my thoughts, but nothing is for sure right now. I’m just going to see how it goes over the next few weeks. It’s in my mind right now, but I’ll sit down with John [Herdman] and also my family and figure it out. I’m up there in age, and my body isn’t what it used to be. I’ve been thinking a lot about it and what I want to do, but now we’re here at the Gold Cup, and I’ll leave final decisions up to when it’s over,” Hutchinson explained.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/hutchinson-sees-newfound-confidence-canada-year-off/

5 hours ago, Ivan said:

Strange that we get two articles a day from Sportsnet on the Gold Cup (Molinaro and Galindo) yet nothing from TSN who's covering it!

TSN posted one about Davies earlier today.

https://www.tsn.ca/canada-s-alphonso-davies-a-gold-cup-player-to-watch-after-stellar-debut-1.1321919

Edited by SkuseisLoose

34 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Your poor wife and kids.

Lol if only The missus is in Budapest filming the Dune remake and the rest are happy to have the house to themselves( party I’m sure...) 

4 hr delay atm stuck in the airport....

17 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Lol if only The missus is in Budapest filming the Dune remake and the rest are happy to have the house to themselves( party I’m sure...) 

4 hr delay atm stuck in the airport....

Best of luck getting to LA...sorry I won't see you down there.  Hopefully you'll be back over in September.

1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

I think @spitfire has the best likes to posts ratio in the history of this board.  I guess I just need to sire an elite athlete.  :)

It is the cheapest way to "win the day" ever.  All you have to do is raise a CMNT player and then make insightful comments sprinkled with insider information.

Pfft.

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

It is the cheapest way to "win the day" ever.  All you have to do is raise a CMNT player and then make insightful comments sprinkled with insider information.

Pfft.

3 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

Can't be that difficult to do I'm sure lol

58 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Your poor wife and kids.

Don't think I don't remind my ten year old every goddamn day that he's the reason why I'm stuck at less than 1,200 likes.  If he could only run 4.5 40-meter and put a little bend in his free kicks, I'd get some goddamn respect around here.

17 hours ago, Ivan said:

Strange that we get two articles a day from Sportsnet on the Gold Cup (Molinaro and Galindo) yet nothing from TSN who's covering it!

I don't think TSN has any on the beat soccer reporters. Even for TFC games they just use Canadian Press reports. They do have an article about Davies, but that's from CP as well.

https://www.tsn.ca/canada-s-davies-a-gold-cup-player-to-watch-after-stellar-debut-1.1321919

51 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Don't think I don't remind my ten year old every goddamn day that he's the reason why I'm stuck at less than 1,200 likes.  If he could only run 4.5 40-meter and put a little bend in his free kicks, I'd get some goddamn respect around here.

You get goddamn respect for your unwavering support of Pedro Pacheco (or was it Gavin McCallum)?

This is like listening to my bedtime conversation with the kids every single day...

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You get goddamn respect for your unwavering support of Pedro Pacheco (or was it Gavin McCallum)?

By Pedro Pacheco, you mean the Canadian Xavi?  He's the heart of my all-time midfield:

Friend - Kusch

Simpson - Pacheco - Nash - Bent

Hastings - Serioux - De Vos - Stalteri

Stamatopoulos

That's some serious grit, right there.

22 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Add Jaimie Peters, Bunbury, Pesch and Forrest on the bench and you;ve got a world beater.  

Jaime Peters in his prime aka 19 years old.  Imagine the guy turned out half of his potential, he would be on this gold cup team still. 

By Pedro Pacheco, you mean the Canadian Xavi?  He's the heart of my all-time midfield:

Friend - Kusch

Simpson - Pacheco - Nash - Bent

Hastings - Serioux - De Vos - Stalteri

Stamatopoulos

That's some serious grit, right there.

I always thought Xavi was the Spanish Dale Mitchell.