Gold Cup 2019

1 hour ago, hamiltonfan said:

Agreed. Curious why you believe he won’t be called again?

Thought he was the worst player on the pitch in the first half and if it wasn’t for the goals that would have continued.  Just my opinion but he will most definitely be surpassed by all those that are missing (Weah, Sargent etc.).  He’s like a Wotherspoon to their pool.

@Obinna I agree with those who say Arriola was great.  Thought he was a stud for them.

Edited by CanadaFan123

3 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Thought he was the worst player on the pitch in the first half and if it wasn’t for the goals that would have continued.  Just my opinion but he will most definitely be surpassed by all those that are missing (Weah, Sargent etc.).  He’s like a Wotherspoon to their pool.

@Obinna I agree with those who say Arriola was great.  Thought he was a stud for them.

Fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Weah will come in at some point, but Sargent is not a wing player.

Fortunately for Boyd he's only 24, so he has more time than Wotherspoon to make an impression.

I'll keep a close eye on Boyd's performance next match against T&T.

29 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I have to say that I absolutely do not think Boyd was the worst player on the pitch for the first half!!!  Far from it ... I'm not saying he was spectacular, and surely some of the credit he got was because of the 2 goals (which can sometimes be random events), but he's a different sort of player than the U.S. typically has and he showed a ton of energy, so I really don't think he'll be gone from the pool after this GC.  I'm less convinced by Weah than most others seem to be ... and the jury is still out on Sargent.

Whenever I see Arriola... All I think about are two things:

1) Big move to go from a regular in Liga MX to a designated player with DC United.

2) How ZBG owned him 1v1 all match when they went head to head this season, and Arriola threw a hissy fit after one of the many clean tackles.

#2 will never leave my mind :).

Edited by apbsmith

1 hour ago, apbsmith said:

Whenever I see Arriola... All I think about are two things:

1) Big move to go from a regular in Liga MX to a designated player with DC United.

2) How ZBG owned him 1v1 all match when they went head to head this season, and Arriola threw a hissy fit after one of the many clean tackles.

#2 will never leave my mind :).

When I hear Arriola all I can think of are nipples.

17 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

Watching Argentina - Paraguay right now, Argentina clearly have the upper hand and Paraguay are stalling like crazy. I think the bad sportsmanship in CONMEBOL might give CONCACAF a run for its money.

The Copa America has been really bad so far. Just not good football and empty stands up until this game because I think they started giving them away 

The flopping is unreal 

Edited by JuicyHam

10 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

The Copa America has been really bad so far. Just not good football and empty stands up until this game because I think they started giving them away 

The flopping is unreal 

They need to fix stoppage time. It's absurd that in the most popular sport in the world you can game the clock like ten minutes in your favour. The ref actually gave 7 minutes of added time in this one, but I swear almost half of the second 45 was dead time with guys lying on the field, after the whistle jostling, players taking a minute to come off for a sub, etc. It's a joke.

2 hours ago, shamrock said:

Ok lets beat Cuba and continue to the next round. I think this game will provide an excellent opportunity to captie both Miller and Okello. 

We got to start the team that will play in the quarterfinals in this game. We can’t switch the lineup every game and to be honest neither of those players are unlikely to not play for us, so if we are going to captie them it will more likely be in the CNL in fall.

So two games in. Beat Martinique 4-0 (which is a great result) and didn't embarrass ourselves against Mexico as we made them work to beat us 3-1.

So far, so good.

Next up...Cuba.

I'm thinking:

Hoilett-----Larin----Millar

Teibert----Piette----Johnson

Morgan--Miller--Henry--Godinho

----------------Borjan-------------

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

So two games in. Beat Martinique 4-0 (which is a great result) and didn't embarrass ourselves against Mexico as we made them work to beat us 3-1.

So far, so good.

Next up...Cuba.

I'm thinking:

Midfield too defensive. Need at least Kaye, Osorio, or Arfield to be a forward presence. 

5 minutes ago, yomurphy1 said:

Midfield too defensive. Need at least Kaye, Osorio, or Arfield to be a forward presence. 

Yeah it does lack some attacking potential, doesn't it?

Herdman has talked before about the offensive possibilities of Teibert, so I wouldn't be surprised to see those 3 start and perhaps bring on Osorio and/or Arfield if we are struggling to generate chances.

He'll probably want to save them if he can. Same goes for Kaye.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

So far, so good.

Next up...Cuba.

I'm thinking:

I would go with something similar. Perhaps also put in Crepeau for a game. Realistically Martinique would need to reverse a +3 goal differential to take that our spot,which won't happen so even if we don't play great we are still going through. With hopefully 2 games in 4 days need to keep everyone fresh.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Next up...Cuba.

I'm thinking:

Good choice!

We'll need to be 100% for Costa Rica. 

Anything after beating them is gravy but our guys must be hungry for a Mexico rematch. 

Good

*Man does the US have it easy on their side of the bracket.

Minutes played to date:

Crepeau 0

Leutwiler 0

Borjan 180

ZBG 90

Godinho 90

Cornelius 180

Miller 0

Morgan 0

Henry 90

Kaye 165

Hutchinson 180

Okello 0

Arfield 120

Johnson 60

Piette 90

Teibert 75

Osorio 120

Davies 160

Hoilett 65

Millar 20

David 120

Cavallini 115

Larin 60

This may give us an indication of who will be rested for the Cuba match.