Gold Cup 2019

1 minute ago, Stryker911 said:

To be fair though MLS.com has had alot of articles about MAK and the Gold Cup as one to watch.

They are overdoing it on MAK because he's doing well for the top MLS team. 

They rate him more than we do, but they are pushing an agenda. It is their job to pump up MLS players. I get it.

Adams is no longer an MLS player though, so I don't get their prolonged infatuation with him. Furthermore, he is a very high level role player (like jdg), who was going to play right back for them (which nobody wanted). The kid wasn't even going to play in his best position and they are still freaking out down there. Someone in the comments section rightly pointed out how the fanbase was annoying and act as if they were France or something.

I hope we meet them in the final and blow them out! Maybe then they'll finally eat some humble pie and starting acting in congruence with their true level. If I am being greedy, I also want Bradley and Altidore to not play, just so they don't pin it on them (like they do for everything).

32 minutes ago, xabuep2 said:

You can watch all the matches on https://www.concacafgo.com/concacafgo for 1.99 excellent  live stream

Do we know for sure this will work in Canada? If I remember correctly, we weren't able to sign up when Canada played French Guiana in the Nations League qualifiers (after the free trial had ended). I'm not sure if it's the same thing for the Gold Cup.

Since there has been talk about squad rotation, I thought it would be useful to look at the gaps between games.

June 15th, 4 days later June 19th, 4 days later June 23rd, 6 days later June 29th (QF), 3 days later July 2nd (SF), 5 days later July 7th (F).

It's weird how there is such a short gap between the quarter finals and semi finals, when they could do the semi final a day earlier or later to make it a bit more evenly spread. Is that another tactic to get the teams with the most depth (Mexico and USA) into the final against their theoretically toughest opponents?

13 hours ago, Kent said:

Do we know for sure this will work in Canada? If I remember correctly, we weren't able to sign up when Canada played French Guiana in the Nations League qualifiers (after the free trial had ended). I'm not sure if it's the same thing for the Gold Cup.

Worked great for me for watching the U17s.  The only hiccup was that I couldn't go back to pay for an archived game.  Basically, I had to pay in advance for each game.  The good thing though was that if I wasn't able to see it live, it would still be available to me in the archive.  I missed one game because I missed the deadline to pay for it.

49 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Worked great for me for watching the U17s.  The only hiccup was that I couldn't go back to pay for an archived game.  Basically, I had to pay in advance for each game.  The good thing though was that if I wasn't able to see it live, it would still be available to me in the archive.  I missed one game because I missed the deadline to pay for it.

Good to here it’s in the archive as bought the Martinique match but not sure I can watch it live.  Does it display the score or can you watch it “as live”.  And can you download it to watch offline?

15 hours ago, Kent said:

It almost certainly will not.

TSN is the rightsholder. The games they aren't showing on TV will be on TSN.ca and the TSN App. https://www.tsn.ca/2019-concacaf-gold-cup-schedule-1.1318137

1 hour ago, An Observer said:

Good to here it’s in the archive as bought the Martinique match but not sure I can watch it live.  Does it display the score or can you watch it “as live”.  And can you download it to watch offline?

They're pretty good at not posting scores (much better than TSN who will include a recap of the game right below the video feed).  I would bookmark the Canadian team page and go straight there, just in case.  Either that or the Video page.

35 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

They're pretty good at not posting scores (much better than TSN who will include a recap of the game right below the video feed).  I would bookmark the Canadian team page and go straight there, just in case.  Either that or the Video page.

Can't be any worse than the current coverage of the WWC where the commentators introduce the taped late night game by telling you who won.  Not exactly an effective spoiler alert for anyone who didn't already know the result...

3 hours ago, RS said:

It almost certainly will not.

TSN is the rightsholder. The games they aren't showing on TV will be on TSN.ca and the TSN App. https://www.tsn.ca/2019-concacaf-gold-cup-schedule-1.1318137

TSN and tsn.ca/app is the place to be in June/July. They have WWC, Gold Cup & Copa America.

Saturday will be the Ultimate Voyageurs Day with Canada women at 1500 ET, Canada men at 1930 ET and 3 CPL matches on onesoccer. 

Add in 1 other match from WWC, u20 final, 1 other Gold Cup & 2 Copa America matches, there is football on TSN from 9 Saturday morning to early Sunday morning.

Edited by red card

6 minutes ago, red card said:

TSN and tsn.ca/app is the place to be in June/July. They have WWC, Gold Cup & Copa America.

Saturday will be the Ultimate Voyageurs Day with Canada women at 1500 ET, Canada men at 1930 ET and 3 CPL matches on onesoccer. 

Add in 1 other match from WWC, u20 final, 1 other Gold Cup & 2 Copa America matches, there is football on TSN from 9 Saturday morning to early Sunday morning.

It will be the CWNT and CMNT that will that particular battle.  Any more than 4 hrs of footy and I probably burn through a lot of good will in the house...

21 hours ago, Kent said:

TSN3 is listing the June 15th game on their schedule at 7:30 ET, with a pre-game at 7:00 ET.

Oh! That's good news, when I checked my Rogers PVR a couple of days ago, it said that it was going to be on TSN2 - which is much more expensive than TSN1/3/4/5 which is in my very basic cable package! Glad I didn't subscribe to it already ...

53 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

It will be the CWNT and CMNT that will that particular battle.  Any more than 4 hrs of footy and I probably burn through a lot of good will in the house...

Yeah, I was thinking about the inevitable strain on my marriage when i looked at that amazing TSN schedule posted by @RS. Not only are they showing every Canada game (which is about all I expected), but also every USA and Mexico game, and another 11 games on top of that on TV, plus all of the knockout rounds. That plus the women's world cup, it's going to be a great/rough month.

Sportsnet article focusing on MAK. This guy is going to be a manager/GM someday. Quotes of note:

I think the smartest footballers in the world are capable of playing in any position and I definitely want to put myself in that category,” Kaye explained. “I understand that sometimes I’m not going to be able to play the position of my preference, but I’m willing to do anything to help this national team go forward and if that is me playing left-back, then that’s what it’s going to be.

“I think the international (MLS) rule is not smart at all,” Kaye opined. “Considering that there are Canadian teams within MLS, I think that it’s unfair.” “[The rule] played a factor into, maybe, it taking longer for me to get into the league,” Kaye said. “But if you have the quality, teams are willing to take the chance on you and maybe use an international spot, but it does make it a little difficult for Canadians to get to the next level if they’re not within those three Canadian teams already.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/mark-anthony-kaye-key-canada-concacaf-gold-cup/

Edited by red card