Ferdi Kadioglu

Ansem

6 minutes ago, grigorio said:

So Ferdi who gives almost no shits about Canada and who has NEVER been in a Canada camp got called up to this camp (and frankly might not even make the roster?), and yet Arfield who's captained this team and supposedly wants to play didn't get called in???

One or both of these is a crock of crap. 

As soon as Arfield complained about the level of play Canada was dealing with at the time and then when Hoilett called out the reports of Arfield wanting to return a lie you know there was more to that.

I fully think Herdman in his pressers is trying to lay Arfield down easy, or even put the ball in his court regarding announcing his international retirement.

36 minutes ago, Floortom said:

we invited Ferdi to this camp but he declined as he’s taking his time to decide.

Apparently we have show a lot of interest while turkey and the Dutch have not yet 

I don't hate this, this is how Herdman landed Ayo.

Still a long shot to cap him, but the fact that we're first nation to take a swing has got to count for something in his eyes (i hope)

Kudos to Herdman with trying to get quality duals but with our current group of young players performing so well in WCQ and GC I'm not losing any sleep over guys like Ferdi, Flores etc. Would love to have them but they need to wear our shirt with pride. Team unity/Brotherhood at the GC was on full display and should not be downplayed. One of the reasons why teams like Honduras & ES always punch over their weight

34 minutes ago, grigorio said:

So Ferdi who gives almost no shits about Canada and who has NEVER been in a Canada camp got called up to this camp (and frankly might not even make the roster?), and yet Arfield who's captained this team and supposedly wants to play didn't get called in???

One or both of these is a crock of crap. 

I don't see why these can't co-exist. Two separate issues in my mind. Rightly or wrongly, Arfield has to bide his time for missing past call ups. Meanwhile, we are calling Ferdi because we want him in our program. It is very independent from the Arfield saga.

If you see a problem in this, do you see a problem with Jebbison or Flores turning down calls to this camp as well?

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

As soon as Arfield complained about the level of play Canada was dealing with at the time and then when Hoilett called out the reports of Arfield wanting to return a lie you know there was more to that.

I fully think Herdman in his pressers is trying to lay Arfield down easy, or even put the ball in his court regarding announcing his international retirement.

It’s cool that Hoilett is so vocal on the  subject of international representation, considering he said he would rep England if called, then deciding to suit up for us finally at the age of 25. 

1 minute ago, jordan said:

It’s cool the Hoilett is so vocal on the  subject of international representation, considering he said he would rep England if called, then deciding to suit up for us finally at the age of 25. 

Lol honestly. Somehow forgot about all that given his recent takes on Scotty...

35 minutes ago, jordan said:

It’s cool that Hoilett is so vocal on the  subject of international representation, considering he said he would rep England if called, then deciding to suit up for us finally at the age of 25. 

He made his decision and he's been committed ever since though no? 

You're being unreal if you don't think it's fine that he was considering/waiting on the call from three lions when he was at Blackburn. 

The difference between him and Jebbison will simply just be the era of teams. Canada was shit, with no vision.

Edited by Shway

Herdman didn’t manage his players well during the first rounds of WCQ. There was no need for Arfield play vs Dominica. The guy is not 25 years old. Plus he has a young family and his club is playing high level football. I know everyone here is super patriotic here but I don’t blame Arfield for being pissed off and saying no. Also he was going to play in the Gold Cup, but he got hurt can’t blame him for that. Herdman is an idiot for not taking him and more players. Everyone is talking 25-30 + players. Either herdman is an idiot or the CSA is super cheap or both. 

We need players like Ferdi, Flores, Dias , Jebbison. Young, talented players playing for big clubs. Its horrible that we don’t have real youth teams/program. Cavallini will be 29, Osioro will be 30 , Wotherspoon will 32, Hoilett will be 32, Hutchinson will 39-40, Vitoria will be 35 when the World Cup starts. We need to make sure young talent will be injected into the team for either in 2022 or and mainly for 2026. 

Just now, narduch said:

People may not want to hear this, but that is the most likely age Jebbison chooses us too.

I see what you are saying, but I'll disagree because of what I stated above.

Canada is on the rise, we weren't saying shit all 10 years ago. With a legit opportunity to go to consecutive WC's, Jebbison has a lot more to consider than Hoilett did. 

7 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

No He’ll choose sooner, he’s got a chance to play in two world cups

With this in mind, I don't think it's wild to think that if Netherlands doesn't give Ferdi a look, Canada could be more appealing compared to Turkey. I'd argue Canada's got the same, if not better, odds at 2022 qualification and we're a lock in 2026.

But in fairness, he'd have to take some big steps to crack Herdman's core for this cycle.

Edit: I say this and then realize Netherlands and Turkey are in the same qualifying group with Turkey having already beaten the Dutch once...

Edited by Approve My Account Pls

8 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

With this in mind, I don't think it's wild to think that if Netherlands doesn't give Ferdi a look, Canada could be more appealing compared to Turkey. I'd argue Canada's got the same, if not better, odds at 2022 qualification and we're a lock in 2026.

But in fairness, he'd have to take some big steps to crack Herdman's core for this cycle.

Edit: I say this and then realize Netherlands and Turkey are in the same qualifying group with Turkey having already beaten the Dutch once...

He's an attacking midfielder who is playing for one of the big three in Turkey, and playing well at that he's an easy inclusion on the 23. I'd take out Fraser for him.

Edited by VinceA

2 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

Glad at least the discussions and attempts are happening. We need someone well versed with Turkey MNT to know if he is even on their radar. 

Only has the Dutch and Turkish flags in his Instagram bio for what it's worth. 

I think the biggest thing people are missing here is how interested we are in players and how much communication is going on.

we as humans feel the need to be wanted, it feels good and it’s validation. Constant interest while shown in proper ways is nice, and it’s powerful.

it worked with Ayo and I’m sure it did with others and will continue to do so.

A year ago Ferdi told us no, if he’s actually considering now it’s a change, and a big one.

9 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Really ? I don’t think he’ll need much to cracked the lineup, he’s playing well for a Turkey team that is playing in Europa ? He’s playing better than Osorio and higher caliber. I feel bad Osorio because of his stupid decision not to move up to Europe he’s going to get pushed out, just like Piette 

Edited by SpecialK

2 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I think the biggest thing people are missing here is how interested we are in players and how much communication is going on.

we as humans feel the need to be wanted, it feels good and it’s validation. Constant interest while shown in proper ways is nice, and it’s powerful.

it worked with Ayo and I’m sure it did with others and will continue to do so.

A year ago Ferdi told us no, if he’s actually considering now it’s a change, and a big one.

Maybe Hoilett can keep being a baby and message a Cap 🧢 on his Twitter page. We will get him for sure 

Edited by SpecialK

He'd be in the mix with Arfield, Hoilett and Osorio as the best attacking mid/10. Arfield and Hoilett are in the twilight of their career and I think Ferdi is already better than Oso, or at least the same level.

He'd be a huge piece for us and right now the the dual national with the highest floor after Tomori.

14 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Really ? I don’t think he’ll need much to cracked the lineup, he’s playing well for a Turkey team that is playing in Europa ? He’s playing better than Osorio and higher caliber. I feel bad Osorio because of his stupid decision not to move up to Europe he’s going to get pushed out, just like Piette 

I for sure think he's good enough to make the team. I more just mean that the closer we get to Qatar if the boys are performing and continuing to develop chemistry the less likely I think  Herdman is to shake things up. But for sure he can walk into this current squad at any point, it's more a matter of his playing time and role 

7 minutes ago, theaub said:

Blaming Hoilett for a guy saying he's too good to come to WCQ is certainly a take.

Hoilett was being a baby and really unprofessional. 
Arfield should have never been put in that position. Herdman can’t treat the men’s team like the women’s team. You have to manage pro players. Why bring a former Permier league player/ top player in Scotland to Dominica vs shop keepers? 
If Hoilett is out there slamming teammates, do you think duals would want to be part of that? Or be a part of team where the manager forces you to risk your pro career vs shop keepers on a cow field ?