Ferdi Kadioglu

Ansem

7 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Hoilett was being a baby and really unprofessional. 
Arfield should have never been put in that position. Herdman can’t treat the men’s team like the women’s team. You have to manage pro players. Why bring a former Permier league player/ top player in Scotland to Dominica vs shop keepers? 
If Hoilett is out there slamming teammates, do you think duals would want to be part of that? Or be a part of team where the manager forces you to risk your pro career vs shop keepers on a cow field ? 

Former Premier League player? Who gives a crap?  So is Hoilett and he answered the call.  Not to mention a guy in the literal FIFA World XI, or multiple guys chasing domestic titles etc...

All people did on this forum for years is whine about guys not being committed to the shirt, and now Herdman has finally built that culture and we're going to go after the guys who show up all the time?

e: just want to clarify that 'whine' is not the right word there as everyone saying it was obviously 100% right.

Edited by theaub

2 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Kudos to Herdman with trying to get quality duals but with our current group of young players performing so well in WCQ and GC I'm not losing any sleep over guys like Ferdi, Flores etc. Would love to have them but they need to wear our shirt with pride. Team unity/Brotherhood at the GC was on full display and should not be downplayed. One of the reasons why teams like Honduras & ES always punch over their weight

The problem is not all our players are young. Herdman is building a pipeline and you need to keep that pipeline filled with young up-and-coming players. Hutch and Vitoria will not be around for the next cycle. Cavallini, Osorio,, Hoilett will probably not be here for the 2026 WC.  Also, you never have too many good players. Although our depth is decent, it's not great. Can you imagine having another Davies, Buchanan and/or David subbing?

Just now, Sal333 said:

The problem is not all our players are young. Herdman is building a pipeline and you need to keep that pipeline filled with young up-and-coming players. Hutch and Vitoria will not be around for the next cycle. Cavallini, Osorio,, Hoilett will probably not be here for the 2026 WC.  Also, you never have too many good players. Although our depth is decent, it's not great. Can you imagine having another Davies, Buchanan and/or David subbing?

Completely agree. As mentioned in my post..would love to have Ferdi/Flores and Herdman is doing what he can to land them but we are not as desperate as we were 10 yrs ago. There is a lot that Canada can offer these young duals now if they want it badly enough 

22 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Building team chemistry is always important and for this squad it seems they wear it on their sleeves. 

They probably view it as a force multiplier. 

All of this team chemistry and band of brothers stuff will go quickly out the window if we end up with only 3 or 4 points from these 3 matches!

Just now, karacicek said:

Hii, I'm a Fenerbahce Fan

It's really different with Vitor Pereira.  Ferdi is now much stronger and very dynamic.

You should watch the footage of Fenerbahce's last match. FERDI is very different this year.

Do you think he will eventually play for Turkey?

11 minutes ago, karacicek said:

Hii, I'm a Fenerbahce Fan

Ferdi Kadıoğlu, really different with Vitor Pereira.  Ferdi is now much stronger and very dynamic.

You should watch the footage of Fenerbahce's last match. FERDI is very different this year.

I haven't watched a match, but the site I check says he is playing as a left wing back. Is that true? I always thought he was an attacking midfielder, usually central

It would not be entirely correct to say Left-Back.

Fenerbahce plays in the 3-4-2-1 formation. He plays left wing. Both defensive and offensive. Actually, that's not where it is. But at the moment, Fenerbahçe could not transfer to that position. A strong and dynamic single Ferdi K. in the squad best suited to play there.

He played 1 goal and an assist in the last match.

17 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Maç izlemedim ama baktığım site sol bek olarak oynadığını söylüyor. Bu doğru mu? Her zaman onun hücum eden bir orta saha oyuncusu olduğunu düşündüm, genellikle merkezi

It would not be entirely correct to say Left-Back.

Fenerbahce plays in the 3-4-2-1 formation. He plays left wing. Both defensive and offensive.

Fenerbahçe Diziliş.jpg

8 minutes ago, karacicek said:

It is not clear at the moment.
INDIVIDUAL playing requires a guarantee. But so far he has not received a positive clear answer.
Sorry for the bad English.

No worries, I understand what you are saying.

Appreciate you bringing a Turkish/Fenerbahce perspective when it comes to Ferdi and Eustaquio. 

When it comes to Ferdi, I think many of us Canadians understand the chances of him playing for us are small. We also see the chances of him playing for Holland as small, but playing for Turkey seems to be the most likely. 

Obviously, if he were to play for Canada he's pushing for a starting position considering his recent form with Fenerbahce.

As for Eustaquio, the opinion here seems mixed about the move, but I personally hope it happens. I think Fenerbahce is a club that could help him reach his potential, but I also think he's going to help Fenerbahce push for the Super Lig title. 

3 minutes ago, johnyb said:

Sound like he's used the same way Herdman uses Davies for CMNT. Not to worry, we will find some room on the pitch for him.

I haven't watched any Fener matches, just highlights, but Ferdi seems like a very different player to Davies, who is a true wide player. Ferdi strikes me as a hybrid player who can play wide or central.

All of our wide players in the 3-5-2 are true wide players, while Ferdi is not, so I don't see him being in competition with Davies. 

In our system, I think Ferdi would be part of our 3-man central midfield rotation, competing with (and taking minutes from) Osorio primarily, but also Arfield. Less so for Kaye as Ferdi's profile is a bit different.

He's not a pure 10, but he'd be the most offensive of our central midfielders, competing more with Osorio and Arfield and less with Kaye, Eustaquio and Hutchinson. Piette is the one true number 6, so he'd be competing with him least of all.

Either way, it give us another look in midfield. 

25 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Merak etme, ne dediğini anlıyorum.

Ferdi ve Eustaquio'ya Türk/Fenerbahçe bakış açısı getirdiğiniz için teşekkür ederiz. 

Ferdi'ye gelince, bence çoğu Kanadalı onun bizim için oynama şansının az olduğunu anlıyoruz. Hollanda için oynama şansını da düşük görüyoruz, ancak Türkiye için oynaması daha olası görünüyor. 

Açıkçası, eğer Kanada için oynayacaksa, Fenerbahçe'deki son formunu göz önünde bulundurarak bir başlangıç pozisyonu için bastırıyor.

Eustaquio'ya gelince, buradaki görüş hareketle ilgili karışık görünüyor, ancak şahsen bunun gerçekleşmesini umuyorum. Fenerbahçe'nin potansiyeline ulaşmasına yardımcı olabilecek bir kulüp olduğunu düşünüyorum ama aynı zamanda Fenerbahçe'nin Süper Lig şampiyonluğu için çabalamasına da yardımcı olacağını düşünüyorum. 

Fenerbahce has learned to make money by selling players in recent years.

He cannot keep his players such as Atilla Szallai, Min-jae Kim, Diego Rossi and Dimitrios Pelkas in the squad for a long time.

The same is true for Eustaquio.

If it comes, Fenerbahce will be a good tool for the big leagues.

FERDI has concerns about the Turkish National Team Coach

Actually, we have too. I do not find FERDI strange

There are some guarantees that FERDI  wants. National team issue is mixed at the moment.

it is not clear

20 minutes ago, johnyb said:

Herdman'ın CMNT için Davies'i kullandığı şekilde kullanmış gibi görünüyor. Endişelenme, onun için sahada bir yer bulacağız.

You are great...!

In the 3-4-2-1 formation, the real place of the individual is Striker - 2 behind the Striker.

The names there are now (fame) OZIL, PELKAS, KAHVECI, ROSSI.

But FERDI is very hardworking. Physically, he is much stronger than before. My guess is that with Vitor Pererra he will get where he wants.

6 minutes ago, karacicek said:

You are great...!

In the 3-4-2-1 formation, the real place of the individual is Striker - 2 behind the Striker.

The names there are now (fame) OZIL, PELKAS, KAHVECI, ROSSI.

But FERDI is very hardworking. Physically, he is much stronger than before. My guess is that with Vitor Pererra he will get where he wants.

Love the insight, thank you for your posts. One of my favourite things about following Canadian soccer is learning about different clubs and players through the Canadian players I follow. Not sure how you feel about other Turkish players, but I know lots of us watched a lot of Lille matches because of Jonathan David last season and got a big admiration for Burak Yilmaz after watching him regularly.

21 minutes ago, karacicek said:

Fenerbahce has learned to make money by selling players in recent years.

He cannot keep his players such as Atilla Szallai, Min-jae Kim, Diego Rossi and Dimitrios Pelkas in the squad for a long time.

The same is true for Eustaquio.

If it comes, Fenerbahce will be a good tool for the big leagues.

FERDI has concerns about the Turkish National Team Coach

Actually, we have too. I do not find FERDI strange

There are some guarantees that FERDI  wants. National team issue is mixed at the moment.

it is not clear

This is important from our perspective.

From our perspective, the Turkish Super Lig does not have a great reputation for selling players, at least compared to the Portuguese, Belgian or Dutch leagues.

I believe that is why some Canadians are not convinced by the choice to go to Fenerbahce.

However, if Fenerbahce is better than other Turkish teams for selling players, it's a great situation for Eustaquio. He can play a few seasons in Turkey, hopefully win some trophies, play in the Europa league, and then perhaps transfer to the Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga, etc. 

Maybe Fenerbahce buy him for $5M and double their money down the road.

My concern is the short window for getting the deal over the line. I am not optimistic about it. 

Edited by Obinna

@karacicek

Off topic a bit, but what are your thoughts on Diego Rossi?

Many of us watched him at LAFC, as one of our own midfielders (Mark Anthony Kaye) was also part of that team, until very recently. 

Prior to moving to your club, he was linked with Fiorentina and many people thought he would jump straight into a very big league like Serie A or La Liga, so there's a bit of surprise that Turkey was his destination. 

Do you see Rossi as being a starting player for Fenerbahce?

26 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Anlayışı seviyorum, yazılarınız için teşekkürler. Kanada futbolunu takip etmenin en sevdiğim yanlarından biri de takip ettiğim Kanadalı oyuncular aracılığıyla farklı kulüpler ve oyuncular hakkında bilgi edinmek. Diğer Türk oyuncular hakkında ne düşünürsünüz bilmiyorum ama biliyorum ki birçoğumuz geçen sezon Jonathan David yüzünden çok Lille maçı izledik ve Burak Yılmaz'ı düzenli olarak izledikten sonra ona büyük bir hayranlık duyduk.

"Atiba Hutchinson" is the first name that comes to mind when Canadian Footballers are mentioned.

A true professional, a true legend. 👍

22 minutes ago, Obinna said:

@karacicek

Biraz konu dışı ama Diego Rossi hakkındaki düşünceleriniz neler?

Çoğumuz onu LAFC'de izledik çünkü kendi orta saha oyuncularımızdan biri de (Mark Anthony Kaye) çok yakın zamana kadar bu takımın bir parçasıydı. 

Kulübünüze taşınmadan önce, Fiorentina ile bağlantılıydı ve birçok kişi onun Serie A veya La Liga gibi çok büyük bir lige atlayacağını düşündü, bu yüzden hedefinin Türkiye olması biraz sürpriz oldu. 

Rossi'yi Fenerbahçe'nin başlangıç oyuncusu olarak görüyor musunuz?

The truth is, I'm not a follower of the MLS league.
Vitor Pererra who wants Rossi to Fenerbahce.
When I arrived, I learned how good a football player Rossi is. That's right, a very surprising transver. Likewise, Kim Min Jae's trans data is also very surprising.
Both Rossi and Kim Min Jae became a transfer to Fenerbahce while their names were mentioned with big clubs. Kim Min Jae's goals are high. For him, Fenerbahce is just a stepping stone. Probably Rossi will too.
I appeared in my previous article, Rossi, Kim Min Jae, Atilla Szallai cannot keep these footballers in their hands at Fenerbahce.

Vitor Pererra, who also wants Stephen Eustaquio. At the same time, he wanted Hidemasa Morita next to Stephen. But he did not transfer. (Prediction) Vitor Pererra Hidemasa Morita and Stephen Eustaquio played side by side, demanding two two-way (defender-office) players in the midfield who are dynamic, able to press continuously and put the ball into play well. Luis Gustavo is good, but Pererra can't give the pace he wants. Pererra wants two fast-paced players in that region.
The main reason why Eustaquio wanted it so much was that he could turn to the opposite goal very quickly and play the game vertically.

It's been a little long. Sorry

51 dakika önce Obinna şunları söyledi:

Bu bizim açımızdan önemlidir.

Bizim açımızdan, en Portekiz, Belçika veya Hollanda liglerine kıyasla, Türkiye oyuncu satma konusunda büyük bir üne sahip değil.

Sanırım bu yüzden Kanada'ya gitmeyenler henüz askerler.

Ancak Fenerbahçe oyuncularından daha iyiyse Eustaquio için harika bir durum. Türkiye'de birkaç yıl oynayabilir, kupalar oynayabilir, Avrupa liginde oynayabilir ve Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga'ya transfer olabilir. 

Belki Fenerbahçe'nin onu 5 milyon yetiştirmek yolundan yola çıkar ve parasını katlar.

Benim endişem, uyuşmayı kullanmak için kısa bir süre. Bu konuda iyimser değilim. 

Bazı tarihler eski olabilir.
Ancak Fenerbahçe, bulan onu oyuncuyu satabilir.

Sample
2nd place Vedat Muriqi was sold last year
3rd place Eljif Elmas was sold in 2019.

Fenerbahçe'nin gelir elde ettiği oyuncular listesi

https://www.transfermarkt.com.tr/fenerbahce-istanbul/rekordabgaenge/verein/36

Satılanlar.jpg

Edited by karacicek

3 hours ago, Shway said:

He made his decision and he's been committed ever since though no? 

You're being unreal if you don't think it's fine that he was considering/waiting on the call from three lions when he was at Blackburn. 

The difference between him and Jebbison will simply just be the era of teams. Canada was shit, with no vision.

I don't think it was all just waiting for a three lions call, I believe Hoilett was honest when saying he was focusing on his club career.

At Blackburn he was an up and coming talent, but hadn't yet signed a lucrative deal and then with QPR he got relegated and his stock suffered as a result. Remember that repping Canada back then was a big-time negative for European clubs, not a positive.

Hoilett's been a mensch since committing, so I'll take his words at face value.