Ferdi Kadioglu

Ansem

6 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

I don't think it was all just waiting for a three lions call, I believe Hoilett was honest when saying he was focusing on his club career.

At Blackburn he was an up and coming talent, but hadn't yet signed a lucrative deal and then with QPR he got relegated and his stock suffered as a result. Remember that repping Canada back then was a big-time negative for European clubs, not a positive.

Hoilett's been a mensch since committing, so I'll take his words at face value.

Yep Haber, who wasn't anything special was regularly threatened with the bench by coaches whenever Canada would call him up.

1) Hoilett has the zeal of the convert. Now that he is in the National Team he is going for it 100%. His Premier League days are likely behind him; this is his best shot at footballing glory.

---

2) Ferdi was contacted by Turkey in July/August 2020 but it is interesting that it seems that there has been no contact since.

5 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

1) Hoilett has the zeal of the convert. Now that he is in the National Team he is going for it 100%. His Premier League days are likely behind him; this is his best shot at footballing glory.

---

2) Ferdi was contacted by Turkey in July/August 2020 but it is interesting that it seems that there has been no contact since.

Zeal of the convert. Nice one.

I would like to share the news about FERDİ KADIOĞLU in the Turkish media.

Release date : 03.09.2021

Journalist Senad OK, who joined Yağız Sabuncuoğlu's youtube channel, made statements about FERDİ KADIOĞLU.

( Journalist , sports commentator ) SENAD OK ;

-          We're always talking about transvers. But I want to talk a little bit about FERDİ KADIOĞLU. All young players in Fenerbahce should take FERDİ KADIOĞLU as an example.  Until this time, we can not say that there was a chance for a long and continuous squad. But FERDİ KADIOĞLU never gave up working and struggling. Very happy now with Vitor Pereira Think... The coach does not play you in your original position, but FERDİ KADIOĞLU is extremely happy  The reason of this ; Vitor Pererra taught FERDI KADIĞLU to play without fear of making mistakes. When he made a mistake, he didn't take it from his sleep. After the week he made a mistake, he was in the first squad again. In short, it gives FERDİ KADIOĞLU self-confidence constantly.

-          National Team Theme ; The Netherland national team does not have an invitation.  I know that the Canadian national team is very insistent. But FERDİ KADIOĞLU has hesitations. As far as I know, Turkey requested a meeting with the coach.  In this Turkish media, FERDI KADIOĞLU was perceived as wanting a guarantee of playing. But as far as I know, that wasn't the case. FERDI KDIOĞLU, why are you calling me to the national team?  Do you have any plans to play with me now and in the future? Or is it just to bring in the Turkish national team?

-          We know that the Canada national team is very eager for FERDİ KADIĞLU.  No invitation from the Netherlands national team at the moment. Also about the quality of the Canadian national team, we see the players playing in our country. Cyle Larin example. I think this issue should be clarified.

my english is very little. Therefore , I'm writing a bit using google translate.  I hope it's understandable.

3 minutes ago, karacicek said:

I would like to share the news about FERDİ KADIOĞLU in the Turkish media.

Release date : 03.09.2021

Journalist Senad OK, who joined Yağız Sabuncuoğlu's youtube channel, made statements about FERDİ KADIOĞLU.

( Journalist , sports commentator ) SENAD OK ;

-          We're always talking about transvers. But I want to talk a little bit about FERDİ KADIOĞLU. All young players in Fenerbahce should take FERDİ KADIOĞLU as an example.  Until this time, we can not say that there was a chance for a long and continuous squad. But FERDİ KADIOĞLU never gave up working and struggling. Very happy now with Vitor Pereira Think... The coach does not play you in your original position, but FERDİ KADIOĞLU is extremely happy  The reason of this ; Vitor Pererra taught FERDI KADIĞLU to play without fear of making mistakes. When he made a mistake, he didn't take it from his sleep. After the week he made a mistake, he was in the first squad again. In short, it gives FERDİ KADIOĞLU self-confidence constantly.

-          National Team Theme ; The Netherland national team does not have an invitation.  I know that the Canadian national team is very insistent. But FERDİ KADIOĞLU has hesitations. As far as I know, Turkey requested a meeting with the coach.  In this Turkish media, FERDI KADIOĞLU was perceived as wanting a guarantee of playing. But as far as I know, that wasn't the case. FERDI KDIOĞLU, why are you calling me to the national team?  Do you have any plans to play with me now and in the future? Or is it just to bring in the Turkish national team?

-          We know that the Canada national team is very eager for FERDİ KADIĞLU.  No invitation from the Netherlands national team at the moment. Also about the quality of the Canadian national team, we see the players playing in our country. Cyle Larin example. I think this issue should be clarified.

my english is very little. Therefore , I'm writing a bit using google translate.  I hope it's understandable.

Thanks - we appreciate the effort.  

I don't know if I told you that the man of Fenerbahçe Altay Match is FERDI KADIOĞLU.

Now I would like to share the results of the man of the week poll.

Note: FERDI KADIOĞLU; If he chooses the Canadian national team, I will not be upset. I'm even happy.
Because FERDI KADIOĞLU deserves to play.
I want to watch him play.
Although he chose the Turkish national team, FERDI KADIOGLU, who is not in the squad, does not make me happy.

Haftanın En iyi oyuncusu.jpg

Anket Sonuçları.jpg

Well yes but as he has said previously Holland and Turkey are his preferences. 

With the Dutch call up looking unlikely we might be more in the picture. I don't see him committing this year. A bit like tomori (depending on who you believe) if we stay in the hunt long enough without someone calling him up he will likely end up in red. 

If we managed to put ourselves in a firm position to qualify for 2022 in the first two or three qualifying windows that might be enough to snag him. 

I don't think there is any change though so far in his thinking.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Well yes but as he has said previously Holland and Turkey are his preferences. 

With the Dutch call up looking unlikely we might be more in the picture. I don't see him committing this year. A bit like tomori (depending on who you believe) if we stay in the hunt long enough without someone calling him up he will likely end up in red. 

If we managed to put ourselves in a firm position to qualify for 2022 in the first two or three qualifying windows that might be enough to snag him. 

I don't think there is any change though so far in his thinking.

He said no outright last year, and that his preference was those 2. Tomori did the same….

something must have changed for us to invite Ferdi… it’s a waste of time to invite him if it’s status quo, the door is clearly open a crack.

one of the 4 big duals is going to show up soon.

36 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

He said no outright last year, and that his preference was those 2. Tomori did the same….

something must have changed for us to invite Ferdi… it’s a waste of time to invite him if it’s status quo, the door is clearly open a crack.

one of the 4 big duals is going to show up soon.

It's actually not a "waste of time" to invite him at all. It doesn't affect us at all, but let's the player know he is wanted and we are serious.

Who are the "big 4" duals? Tomori, Ferdi, Jeb, and Flores?

Edited by Bertuzzi44

13 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

It's actually not a "waste of time" to invite him at all. It doesn't affect us at all, but let's the player know he is wanted and we are serious.

Yeah it cost nothing to keep letting him know we're interested in him. I think maybe Dias instead of Tomori, who's saga will be end one way or another by Qatar.

8 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Ferdi, Jeb, Flores and Dias.

Tomori isn’t eligible.

Zero chance at Jebbison or Flores anytime soon -  not sure why people keep deluding themselves on that. Dias I wouldn’t consider a big get at this point although sure I would like to cap him in case he develops into a top player.

that leaves Ferdi - and it’s clear that we are not his top choice (#3 in fact). I think a lot of things would have to line up well for us to get his commitment so it seems somewhat unlikely. If he keeps playing at the level he has started the year I see no reason why he can’t be a regular in the Turkish squad.

16 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Ferdi, Jeb, Flores and Dias.

Tomori isn’t eligible.

No, but he may be before any of those 4 guys commit (assuming any of them eventually do).   Honestly, I don’t see any of the 4 you mentioned suiting up for us anytime soon, and the only way we would have a realistic chance would be if we actually qualified for Qatar.  And in that case, Tomori would be eligible at that time as well, so may be among the more likely (if he doesn’t get and accept and England call in the interim).   

41 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

No, but he may be before any of those 4 guys commit (assuming any of them eventually do).   Honestly, I don’t see any of the 4 you mentioned suiting up for us anytime soon, and the only way we would have a realistic chance would be if we actually qualified for Qatar.  And in that case, Tomori would be eligible at that time as well, so may be among the more likely (if he doesn’t get and accept and England call in the interim).   

Until Tomori is eligible again, I’m not going to count him.

as for the others… the timing has been wrong for 2 of them, the other 2 I don’t really know.

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

Zero chance at Jebbison or Flores anytime soon -  not sure why people keep deluding themselves on that. Dias I wouldn’t consider a big get at this point although sure I would like to cap him in case he develops into a top player.

that leaves Ferdi - and it’s clear that we are not his top choice (#3 in fact). I think a lot of things would have to line up well for us to get his commitment so it seems somewhat unlikely. If he keeps playing at the level he has started the year I see no reason why he can’t be a regular in the Turkish squad.

Pray tell how you know there is zero chance for Jebbison or Flores. Low chance I could see, but zero? I must hear this.

Edited by frmr

26 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

If he never plays for England again, Tomori becomes eligible the week before Qatar 2022 kicks off.

If we make it to the World Cup we should all get on the Tomori train.

Until then there’s no need to consider him.

Can we name someone to the squad that isnt even eligible? Final rosters have to be submitted to FIFA 10 days before the start date. I realize this is definitely putting the cart before the horse...

14 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Interesting predicament. Do you say to then 35 year old Vitoria "thank you for your service in all those tough matches in Central America, you are no longer needed?"

No, you say that to Henry and stick Vitoria on the bench in case of emergency

1 hour ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Interesting predicament. Do you say to then 35 year old Vitoria "thank you for your service in all those tough matches in Central America, you are no longer needed?"

Maybe FIFA copies UEFA.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020_squads

26-man squads at the World Cup but only 23 players can be named on each matchday.

That's the ideal solution.