Ferdi Kadioglu

Ansem

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

I would say he takes up one of the midfield spots in a 3 man midfield, giving us a little more offense from that part of the field.

Okay, thought he was a winger.  Still, I don't rate him over our current starting midfielders, at least not at this point in his career.

33 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Okay, thought he was a winger.  Still, I don't rate him over our current starting midfielders, at least not at this point in his career.

He's been playing out wide for Fenerbache. I think he prefers the middle though.

18 hours ago, Ivan said:

He’s a different kind of player than the others though. We don’t really have a true attacking midfielder in this camp. I’d prefer they play David there but we’ll see where Herdman thinks everyone fits in.

4 hours ago, archer21 said:

He’s a different kind of player than the others though. We don’t really have a true attacking midfielder in this camp. I’d prefer they play David there but we’ll see where Herdman thinks everyone fits in.

I see him kind of like an Osorio in that he can play on the wing, but is more natural in the middle, and like Osorio he seems to have good attacking instincts, but is not a pure 10.

It's all hypothetical anyhow, but for what it's worth I think he would be a great fit for Canada in this camp, playing advanced, with Eustaquio and Piette/Kaye holding things together behind him.

If Osorio was match fit though I would probably put him ahead of Ferdi, but it would be close.

He played 68 minutes today as the Dutch U21 fell to the U21 Germans.

His journey with youth football is officially over.

It's either:

- Try to break into the Dutch senior team

- A one-time switch to Turkey (the most likely thing)

- A one-time switch to Canada (unlikely)

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

9 hours ago, archer21 said:

Osorio is a true 4-3-3 CM but also plays a pretty good AM.  He’s a bit unique in our pool and I wouldn’t discount him; he seems to be underrated here all the time.

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

Osorio is a true 4-3-3 CM but also plays a pretty good AM.  He’s a bit unique in our pool and I wouldn’t discount him; he seems to be underrated here all the time.

I agree, I meant more because Oso is presumably not fully fit and in form. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

He’s nowhere near being in the Dutch squad IMO. There are a number of guys who didn’t get the call who are far head of Ferdi.

turkey I don’t know enough about to comment but I would have to think he’s on the cusp

Had himself a big game today with a goal and an assist in a 2-0 win.  Seems to be playing more as a central midfielder late than attacker but that's based on App formations and not from watching (I know they can sometimes be wrong).

If the Eustaquio transfer goes through, let's hope he can convince Ferdi into our program.  I do not see Netherlands ever happening but Turkey is still an option for him in my opinion.

Edited by Corazon

14 hours ago, Corazon said:

If the Eustaquio transfer goes through, let's hope he can convince Ferdi into our program.  I do not see Netherlands ever happening but Turkey is still an option for him in my opinion.

I forgot Ferdi plays for Fenerbache until I checked Wikipedia yesterday, having a good Canadian on the team could be what it takes to at least make us a possibility for him. Maybe he can give him a signed Davies jersey or something, that would do the trick.