Ferdi Kadioglu

Ansem

Has some kind of minor injury they didn't want to aggravate so he didn't play today.

On 9/11/2021 at 9:23 AM, SpecialK said:

Turkey just fired their coach !!!!! 

This buys us more time. Likely won't get called by the Netherlands for the October window and Turkey will focus on bringing in a new coach and their current player pool before looking at offering one-time-switches.

http://www.cnnturk.com/amp/spor/futbol/fenerbahce-ve-tffden-ferdi-kadioglu-seferberligi

Turkey has renewed their interest and want to bring him in.

The article paints an optimistic tone; it looks like he is willing to file his switch towards Turkey.

http://www.cnnturk.com/amp/spor/futbol/fenerbahce-ve-tffden-ferdi-kadioglu-seferberligi

Officials from the TFF will meet with him soon.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

17 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Not really worked up about this - we were always his third choice and a real long shot. Could have been a useful player for us though 

*Imagine this with Norm MacDonald's voice and mannerisms* 

Somebody should tell him that playing for us would up his chances of getting a sweet MLS DP deal done the line. Who wouldn't want a lucrative MLS DP deal? I tell you, those MLS DP deals, you don't even need a successful European career to obtain one, just ask Altidore. 

Not included in either of the Netherlands or Turkey's squad for the upcoming October qualifiers.  I do not see him on Netherlands senior squad radar.  However, Turkey did call in 12 domestic based players including 4 midfielders.  If Norway and Netherlands win both their games in October, Turkey will almost be eliminated from the 2022 World Cup. 

The Good - Maybe Turkey being eliminated In October could mean Ferdi may wait to make his decision. 

The Bad - It could also mean that the two November games will be meaningless and Turkey could call in new and fringe players for those two games. 

I think ideally, we need Turkey to remain in the hunt until November so that there is no games for experimenting.  A World Cup elimination on the final matchday in November would be ideal and hopefully give Ferdi some time to digest over the winter.

Edited by Corazon

4 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Not included in either of the Netherlands or Turkey's squad for the upcoming October qualifiers.  I do not see him on Netherlands senior squad radar.  However, Turkey did call in 12 domestic based players including 4 midfielders.  If Norway and Netherlands win both their games in October, Turkey will almost be eliminated from the 2022 World Cup. 

The Good - Maybe Turkey being eliminated In October could mean Ferdi may wait to make his decision. 

The Bad - It could also mean that the two November games will be meaningless and Turkey could call in new and fringe players for those two games. 

I think ideally, we need Turkey to remain in the hunt until November so that there is no games for experimenting.  A World Cup elimination on the final matchday in November would be ideal and hopefully give Ferdi some time to digest over the winter.

Honesty though, if he is willing to accept a throwaway call up from Turkey for a meaningless game we have 0% chance of getting him anyway.  

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Honesty though, if he is willing to accept a throwaway call up from Turkey for a meaningless game we have 0% chance of getting him anyway.  

100%.  At that point, he clearly would want nothing to do with our program and we can move on from him.  I am just hoping that it doesn't come to that and if we continue to get results in our qualifying campaign.  Might raise some further interest from him.

1 hour ago, kobasew19 said:

How big of an upgrade is he when compared to our current CMs? 

Others may have a more valuable opinion (I haven't watched him much), but based on what I have seen I imagine the upgrade from Osorio to Kadioglu would be similar to the upgrade from Piette to Eustaquio.

In other words, it would indeed be an upgrade that would make us stronger and deeper, but it wouldn't revolutionize the program or anything. We'll still be good without him. 

It's not like adding another Davies or David to the program (...but that probably goes without saying). Nor would it be like upgrading Henry with Tomori, which would be quite substantial. 

Edited by Obinna

36 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Others may have a more valuable opinion (I haven't watched him much), but based on what I have seen I imagine the upgrade from Osorio to Kadioglu would be similar to the upgrade from Piette to Eustaquio.

In other words, it would indeed be an upgrade that would make us stronger and deeper, but it wouldn't revolutionize the program or anything. We'll still be good without him. 

It's not like adding another Davies or David to the program (...but that probably goes without saying). Nor would it be like upgrading Henry with Tomori, which would be quite substantial. 

What Obinna said, Ferdi's not an earth shattering addition but he's going to add depth and make us more dynamic, allowing us to change our style of play. 

6 hours ago, Corazon said:

Not included in either of the Netherlands...

Just to provide official sources, the Dutch preliminary squad is here:

https://www.onsoranje.nl/nieuws/nederlands-elftal/79534/van-gaal-neemt-28-spelers-op-voorlopige-oranjeselectie

With the final squad to be announced on October 1st (Friday).

6 hours ago, Corazon said:

...or Turkey's squad for the upcoming October qualifiers....Turkey did call in 12 domestic based players including 4 midfielders.

Where did you find the Turkish squad?

28 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Where did you find the Turkish squad?

Unable to find an article.  Just basing off the 26 man squad listed for the upcoming games against Norway & Latvia from the not always trustworthy Wikipedia page.  Squads are usually fairly accurate on Wikipedia but obviously can be wrong.

Perhaps @karacicek can provide further insight if the squad has officially been released.

Edited by Corazon

According to Sports reporter Yağız Sabuncuoğlu we have invited Kadıoğlu once again.

The reporter claims that he has yet to receive an official invitation from either The Netherlands or Turkey.

(A few weeks ago the rumour was the TFF wanted to meet with him, which doesn't seem to be quite the same thing as inviting him into the camp/squad).

The article also claims that Kadıoğlu would make a decision in the coming days.

https://www.arti49.com/service/amp/ferdi-kadiogluna-kanada-milli-takimindan-davet-2358072h.htm

On 9/27/2021 at 11:13 AM, Corazon said:

If Norway and Netherlands win both their games in October, Turkey will almost be eliminated from the 2022 World Cup.

If Turkey do poorly and we do well, this could become very interesting...

Edit: Apparently when you go to the source "his priority is not Canada" ( which we already sort of knew ) :(

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

6 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

According to Sports reporter Yağız Sabuncuoğlu we have invited Kadıoğlu once again.

The reporter claims that he has yet to receive an official invitation from either The Netherlands or Turkey.

(A few weeks ago the rumour was the TFF wanted to meet with him, which doesn't seem to be quite the same thing as inviting him into the camp/squad).

This reporter also claims that Kadıoğlu would make a decision in the coming days.

https://www.arti49.com/service/amp/ferdi-kadiogluna-kanada-milli-takimindan-davet-2358072h.htm

If Turkey do poorly and we do well, this could become very interesting...

At the end of the day, all Herdman can do is keep an open dialogue, invite him when appropriate, and rack up the kind of results that both show we are a new brand of CMNT and that we have a real shot at Qatar.   Along with the carrot of 2026 dangling in the background, you never know. 

12 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

At the end of the day, all Herdman can do is keep an open dialogue, invite him when appropriate, and rack up the kind of results that both show we are a new brand of CMNT and that we have a real shot at Qatar.   Along with the carrot of 2026 dangling in the background, you never know. 

This. It would be a good decision for Kadioglu to choose Canada since he would very likely become an integral part of the team. He would provide a very viable option at AM, so I am told, and he would add to the crucial depth that every strong team needs when there are lots of games happening.        I find it a little bit discouraging that despite the many positives we have had with new payers of late, these kind of situations still make me feel a real longing for players to embrace Canada right away. Now, I think, if we get Kadioglu, if we had Tomori, if we get Dias, etc. we will be in a better way.  I have lots of confidence in the current roster of players! It is very strong, but does there have to be a "but . . ." or a what if?"  Yes, dyslexic nam, you never know!

2 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

This. It would be a good decision for Kadioglu to choose Canada since he would very likely become an integral part of the team. He would provide a very viable option at AM, so I am told, and he would add to the crucial depth that every strong team needs when there are lots of games happening.        I find it a little bit discouraging that despite the many positives we have had with new payers of late, these kind of situations still make me feel a real longing for players to embrace Canada right away. Now, I think, if we get Kadioglu, if we had Tomori, if we get Dias, etc. we will be in a better way.  I have lots of confidence in the current roster of players! It is very strong, but does there have to be a "but . . ." or a what if?"  Yes, dyslexic nam, you never know!

I agree with. the sentiment that we want guys to want to play for us, but I feel like that's more applicable to guys that were born/grew up here like a Jebbison or a Dias. As far as Ferdi goes, he wasn't born here, never lived here, never played youth for us, so I don't necessarily feel nearly as strongly as I did with Tomori or as I might with Jebbison if he picks England. If anything, I interpret him taking his time as a positive for us because we've gone from a non-option to into consideration and the longer this goes the more appealing we'll become