Ferdi Kadioglu

Ansem

Translate: 

"Ferdi Kadıoğlu has been waiting to talk to Şenol Güneş for 3 weeks. If this boy chooses the Dutch National Team, Şenol Güneş is the only culprit who kept him waiting!"

Not a reputable source, but it received a good bit of attention from Turkish fans. Maybe this is why Herdman waited until now to extend an invitation? And with Ferdi now in the Dutch U-21 side through September, maybe there was a "falling out" with the Turkish manager? 

Not positive to see him join back up with the Dutch u21s but I do not worry about him joining their senior team anytime soon.  He is on the brink of the Turkish men's senior program but still a little away from the Dutch senior team in my opinion.

Not necessarily the most ideal news I wanted to read but also not the worst as I do not blame him for taking calls for the U21 Dutch team either.

FYI - The Dutch senior squad included 6 players eligible for the U21 squad including 2 midfielders, one of which is an 18 year old.  Not to mention both van de beek and de jong are both one year out the U21 program age requirement.  It would be a bold move if Ferdi was to join the senior squad at his age.

Edited by Corazon

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

That’s a good point. It is also a big IF and I think if that was the case he would have said so, but all that is reported is that he was invited to play, far as I can tell.

Arfield never mentioned anything until a couple months before his first game when he shot a promo video for the CSA and in it he talked about what a long process it was. 

32 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Arfield never mentioned anything until a couple months before his first game when he shot a promo video for the CSA and in it he talked about what a long process it was. 

Arfield was not being called into youth teams either.

But thanks anyways. That is something to keep in mind for sure, to keep me hopeful. At least it seems we have a fighting chance. 

I am very cautiously optimistic. 

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

This is great news! It means Turkey has spurned him or is simply not interested in him at this time.

It means no one-time-switch was filed.

Agreed, this is good news. There's no harm in him partaking in the Dutch U21 team. Literally nothing changes about his current situation because of this.

Found this earlier, an interview with the Manager of the Turkish national team. Ferdi was invited but declined. 

Full interview is here (in Turkish, use google translate) https://www.trtspor.com.tr/m/?m=newsDetail&news_id=215778&category_id=12

Blurb about Ferdi (as usual, google translate from Turkish to English is weird)

50D30D8E-E761-43C9-8C1F-9FAD0B704BEB.jpeg

Okay so Ferdi was invited to Turkey and turned it down and he was invited to Canada and turned it down? Now he is in the Dutch U21 team for September. Leads me to believe he fancies his chances with Holland, or at least is in no rush to go elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Okay so Ferdi was invited to Turkey and turned it down and he was invited to Canada and turned it down? Now he is in the Dutch U21 team for September. Leads me to believe he fancies his chances with Holland, or at least is in no rush to go elsewhere. 

Holland is clearly the most prestigious of the options so as long as he has the chance to continue with that program I don’t see him choosing another team. He surely knows that Turkey and Canada will be there waiting if he doesn’t get a call to the Dutch Senior team anytime soon. 

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Or maybe he wants to finish his U-21 days with the Netherlands and then move onto playing with Davies and David? Maybe the coaching staff in Turkey turned him off and he knows by joining Canada, he’s guaranteed to play in a World Cup in 2026. I fully admit he is a long shot to join us, but until we hear he has turned us down, we aren’t out of the mix.

7 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Or maybe he wants to finish his U-21 days with the Netherlands and then move onto playing with Davies and David? Maybe the coaching staff in Turkey turned him off and he knows by joining Canada, he’s guaranteed to play in a World Cup in 2026. I fully admit he is a long shot to join us, but until we hear he has turned us down, we aren’t out of the mix.

Was there something the coaching staff would have done to turn him off?  

3 hours ago, Floortom said:

Holland is clearly the most prestigious of the options so as long as he has the chance to continue with that program I don’t see him choosing another team. He surely knows that Turkey and Canada will be there waiting if he doesn’t get a call to the Dutch Senior team anytime soon. 

This.

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

Did he turn down our call up? 

Nothing to say he isnt doing the dutch u21 then switching. Might as well finish his path and get more international experience.

On first look the signs point to sticking with the dutch path for now but who knows.

Herdman was asked about Ferdi, I believe it was prior to our match with the US last fall,  and he said that they had reached out to him and  he declined.