Jonathan David

Vince193

2 hours ago, ADP10 said:

This actually might actually have a negative impact on a career as many transfers in the past that were based off of a tournament did not end well (James, Golovin,…)

Depends on how you rate a career. James' bank account certainly disagrees. And who's to say he would have done better elsewhere?

The challenge for David when compared to the likes of Haaland, Vlahovic & Nunez is that all 3 are a real threat on set pieces and crosses into the box. They can score with their feet and on headers. While David has scored a few, it is certainly not his forte due to his lack of size/physicality . To make up for this he has to be super clinical whenever he gets opportunities which come from passes played on the ground or rebounds. This may be one of the reasons he has not yet moved to a bigger club but if he continues to improve on his scoring conversion opportunities the transfer will come. His ability to press effectively, contribute defensively and create scoring opportunities for others are also attributes in his favour especially if he is paired with a big CF

21 minutes ago, Floortom said:

The second chance was a great run, great first touch and good strike by David. The save was exquisite though.

the first chance I’m not really sure if he flubbed it or the keeper made an amazing save.

It was a save.

57 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I actually agree with @TGAA_Staron this one. There's been so many examples. James Rodriguez anyone. But if Canada pulls off an amazing performance against Belgium or Croatia and just say David bags a couple. It will 100% up his value in January.

Finally someone agrees with me thank you

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

The challenge for David when compared to the likes of Haaland, Vlahovic & Nunez is that all 3 are a real threat on set pieces and crosses into the box. They can score with their feet and on headers. While David has scored a few, it is certainly not his forte due to his lack of size/physicality . To make up for this he has to be super clinical whenever he gets opportunities which come from passes played on the ground or rebounds. This may be one of the reasons he has not yet moved to a bigger club but if he continues to improve on his scoring conversion opportunities the transfer will come. His ability to press effectively, contribute defensively and create scoring opportunities for others are also attributes in his favour especially if he is paired with a big CF

I said before David's top end is being an Aguero-type.  A different kind of world-class but world-class.  Not there yet and does need the right situation. 

As far as a great World Cup goes: David, like Rodriguez was, is known in Europe, he could add some money to the transfer and some minor suitors to the chase but at the level we are talking, the scouts better know him at this point. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

But now as far as where David goes next after Lille, I was just watching Herculez Gomez and he was talking about where he could see Jonathan David going and he actually said Atletico Madrid. But honestly could I see David fitting in over at Atletico? I definitely could especially if he gets to play under a manager like El Cholo Diego Simeone. 

8 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Agreed, it's kinda like Crepeau.  He'd also be in Europe if he had the standard sought after keeper size (6'2"+).  David's size, temperament and nationality might be holding him back a little. 

On 10/15/2022 at 1:47 PM, Joe MacCarthy said:

I agree with you and I'll also add that if David scores the most goals in the World Cup he has a reasonably good shot at being in contention for the Golden Boot award.

This made me laugh, but it's a bit off. You need to misuse "especially". It should have been more like this.

I think at the World Cup David can win the Golden Boot award, especially if he gets the most goals in the tournament.

2 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Napoli 3rd is absurd. Pretty sure his top 12 list would consist of teams like Dortmund, Manchester United or Atletico Madrid before them or Tottenham in reality. 

It's based on current form. Napoli is absolutely flying right now. But I agree.

26 minutes ago, frmr said:

For what it's worth, here's a list of the top 12 clubs. 2044504780_ScreenShot2022-10-17at5_17_25PM.thumb.png.2e7d33b994fbd3c6c5c4009fd1ff6f97.png

So teams like Atlético Madrid, Juventus, Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund aren’t good enough… damn lol

I actually think Bayern makes a lot of sense. IMO they looked so much better with Choupo-Moting in the line up on the weekend and they don’t really have another natural number 9.