Jonathan David

Vince193

7 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Look we can hate Man City for similar reasons and create an argument as to why they're not a big club. Finding a genuine ManCity supporter is no easy task. But we need to live in reality. It's not 1996

I would not want him at Man City either at this stage of his career.  

Old school Man City supporters are not that hard to find if you live in England, but lots of plastics now I agree. (I am repeating myself from the last couple pages)

Facts remains: There is nothing automatic about PSG being in the semi-finals of the the Champions League and I think there are plenty of better development opportunites for David than beside Neymar (and Messi, for however, long).  

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

17 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Look we can hate Man City for similar reasons and create an argument as to why they're not a big club. Finding a genuine ManCity supporter is no easy task. But we need to live in reality. It's not 1996

Playing for PSG is just like playing for Real Madrid or Liverpool or Bayer Munich or Man United (lol) or Barcelona (lol) or AC Milan (lol)

I disagree with them in the same tier as Madrid, Liverpool, Bayern, Barcelona, but aside from those four, and maybe City, Chelsea and Arsenal, there are not many bigger clubs in the world than PSG. And we can point to their shortcomings in Champions League- IMO it's only a matter of time until they break through. What should be most important to our players is for them to play as much elite competition as possible- few teams have played more Champions League games in the last 4 years than PSG has. From my very quick math, in the last 3 champions leagues, the only teams to have made it to the final 4 multiple times are PSG, Manchester City, and Real Madrid. Teams like Villareal, Lyon, Leipzig all have more semi finals appearances than any of the Italian clubs that people would love JD to go play for.

The knock on the competition level in France is valid, but at this point, the only "worthy" competition for JD is what he'd face in the champions league anyways. I don't think he gets sufficiently challenged by playing Brentford and Aston Villa instead of Rennes and Lens or whoever.

My preference is still for him to go to a top top team- the teams you have listed, but with the way top clubs spend (no money for JD, 70 mil euros for the next 21 year old out of brazil), I'm happy to set my sights on the next best thing. PSG makes sense to me, I don't particularly hate a move to like, Dortmund, if anything with the top teams in Italy materializes, cool too.

2 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

No further questions your honor 

Not "honour"?

Again  sorry for mixing jokes and serious posting.

But look at couple things

First, one-off games does not develop a player, which is what you are trying set up as a critieria. But if we want to go there: the teams that have knocked PSG out of the Champions League in the last 10 years 

Real Madrid, Man City, Bayern Munich, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, Barcelona, Chelsea, Barcelona.

Pretty similar to your list.

Second the French league is much closer in co-oefiicients to Netherlands and Portugal than it is to Italy.  It is a distance 5th in the top 5. Of the course the 3rd most valuable (by someone's measure) squad in the world is going win the league 8 of 10 times. 

It's the week in and week out plus the big games that is going to make David a better player for us.  In my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Not "honour"?

Again  sorry for mixing jokes and serious posting.

But look at couple things

First off one of games does not develop a player, which is what you are trying set up as a critieria. But if we want to go there: the teams that have knock PSG out of the Champions League in the last 10 years 

Real Madrid, Man City, Bayern Munich, Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, Barcelona, Chelsea, Barcelona.

Pretty similar to your list.

Second the French league is much closer in co-oefiicients to Netherlands and Portugal than it is to Italy.  It is a distance 5th in the top 5. Of the course the 3rd most valuable (by someone's measure) squad in the world is going win the league 8 of 10 times. 

It's the week in and week out plus the big games that is going to make David a better player for us.  In my opinion. 

Imagine how much better Neymar, Mbappe & Marquinos would be if they played for ACMilan? 

You're over thinking it friend. Jonathan David playing for all the teams mentioned would be outstanding. Inter Milan, Man U etc cool. But don't try and sell me that playing for PSG would be some kinda drag on his career. It would be great for him and as a Canadian soccer fan absolutely amazing 

2 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Imagine how much better Neymar, Mbappe & Marquinos would be if they played for ACMilan? 

You're over thinking it friend. Jonathan David playing for all the teams mentioned would be outstanding. Inter Milan, Man U etc cool. But don't try and sell me that playing for PSG would be some kinda drag on his career. It would be great for him and as a Canadian soccer fan absolutely amazing 

I don't need to sell you on that because  I don't think they develop players his age.  Can you tell me Neymar and Mbappe have really become better players while there.  They bring the best players in and do well because they have a bunch of the best players.

David is not absolute final top tier yet, maybe he can see it in the distance, but that is who PSG buy and play with.

Most importantly, I think the fight that is getting top 4 in England would be good for David. 

I think in rare years PSG might  miss out just like similar top teams have.  It's an unforgiving league unlike the French one, for even a club with that amount of money.

26 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I don't need to sell you on that because they I don't think they develop players his age.  Can you tell me Neymar and Mbappe have really become better players while there.  Or do they bring the best players in and do well because they have a bunch of the best players?

David is not absolute final top tier yet, maybe he can see it in the distance, but that is who PSG buy and play with.

Most importantly, I think the fight that is getting top 4 in England would be good for David. 

I think in rare years PSG might  miss out just like similar top teams have.  It's an unforgiving league unlike the French one, for even someone with that amount of money.

Just a yes or no answer please lol

It's OK..  who gives a shit

Well if he plays for PSG at least he'll be big with the middle eastern guys at my barbershop. No matter what day of the week it is, PSG or Barcelona always seem to be playing on the TV. Not sure how that works but I appreciate the footy action. Now I just need to find a Syrian dentist and I'm in business 

20 minutes ago, narduch said:

More exciting than this match

Not sure me rattling on is more exciting than anything. But apparently I feel strongly about PSG, who knew.

But maybe the new saying should be "can he do it on cold rainy night in Strasbourg?"

Can score a penalty at least.

1 minute ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Or London, which is probably better.

You're right, I could've sworn William Hill was out of Vegas. Either way, money don't lie, so if they're calling him one of the most underrated forwards in Europe, that means something.

We're also going to start a dialogue on why one player in france who has 8 goals on the season is going to get transferred for 150 million euros, and another player with 8 goals in france is apparently not worth 50 million euros. seems to be what some finance people would call a "market inefficiency"