Jonathan David

Vince193

He just sees the game faster than everyone and knows how not to telegraph what he's going to do. He never winds up and blasts the ball when he knows he has no time or it's going to get blocked. Understands his advantage is getting the shot off a split second faster because he has a complete arsenal of touches he can use depending where the ball is relative to his body and the goal. David is a natural striker and finisher.

5 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

He just sees the game faster than everyone and knows how not to telegraph what he's going to do. He never winds up and blasts the ball when he knows he has no time or it's going to get blocked. Understands his advantage is getting the shot off a split second faster because he has a complete arsenal of touches he can use depending where the ball is relative to his body and the goal. David is a natural striker and finisher.

Looking more and more comfortable as a 9…

Edited by jhoops__

For a game in which David hasn't scored, this might be one of the best ever games that i have seen him play.  I think that his biggest attribute is that he is the kind of player that could be utilized in multiple roles and ways.  To me he is natural false 9.    But if you had to, he could play 9, 10, 8, 7.  maybe even a 6.    He can press high, drop back in midfield to distroy or even create.   His pace is underrated.   

OI could see, later in his career, him moving back to a MF role.

Edited by Free kick

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

Anyone else want to reach through the TV and knock the teeth out of the commentators mouth who keeps calling David the “Brooklyn Boy”.  Twat.  

Lol I watched via Bein and they didn't call him that...though they did mention he came from "tiny Ottawa" lol. Tons of praise heaped on him throughout the game, and what a game!