General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

3 minutes ago, Beaut said:

Hi. Is it typical for the Canada Soccer store to be practically sold out? It is quite frustrating. 

Typically? No but we live in atypical times and they haven't ramped up the supply to match the demand.

At the Edmonton matches they were sold out of toques after the first game. That was absurd to me. 

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Typically? No but we live in atypical times and they haven't ramped up the supply to match the demand.

At the Edmonton matches they were sold out of toques after the first game. That was absurd to me. 

Hopefully you never had to stand in the line only to get disappointed at the counter. I overheard one of the cashiers saying they were gone before I lined up, fortunately. 

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Hopefully you never had to stand in the line only to get disappointed at the counter. I overheard one of the cashiers saying they were gone before I lined up, fortunately. 

Not me but my friend, who went toqueless to the Mexico match hoping to buy one when gates opened, was. He settled for a scarf and tied it around his head. 

Speaking of which... $50 for a Canada scarf! Maybe it’s been a while but I’ve never paid over $25 for a scarf.

3 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Not me but my friend, who went toqueless to the Mexico match hoping to buy one when gates opened, was. He settled for a scarf and tied it around his head. 

Speaking of which... $50 for a Canada scarf! Maybe it’s been a while but I’ve never paid over $25 for a scarf.

Movie theater pricing.

I remember balking at the jersey prices at BMO. Told my wife we should try online instead. Of course they were sold out....

21 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Sportsnet seem to be moving their CMNT coverage more mainstream since they got the Ocho games and the team's starting to make noise. Stories on both the Daves' club matches in the CL this morning on the main page.

image.png.7189fce9dac0ada288881fdae6eeef68.png

Just as I was complaining (for the umpteenth time) to a friend about how pissed I am that inspite of EVERYTHING that's happening with our boys the Canadian networks are still giving more time to crap like LeBron's "fist fight" or the lack of penalties called for poor wittle Connor. CL should be given headlines regardless of the Canuck involvement but this is enough to cheer me up, for now. I believe the tide just might be turning in the media, and once it does...🤪😭💥

On 11/24/2021 at 2:26 PM, rkomar said:

Maybe the merch is sitting in a container ship in some harbour?  It's tough for everyone to get supplies at the present.

Since it is Nike, it is probably still being made in Vietnam. Covid recently reduced production at their Vietnam facilities.

Add in shipping/trucking issues, it was the worst timing for the Cdn women to win gold and the Cdn men to do what they're doing. Nike can't even ramp up to meet the demand. 

40 minutes ago, narduch said:

There will be American players that won't be able to play this game.

But there will also be Canadian players too.

Maybe some guys will head to El Salvador early? Straight from Honduras 

Berrhalter in the last window said all but one player was fully vaccinated (and he was partially vaccinated).

of course, US could have new players come into the team that aren’t vaccinated but I don’t think it’s going to be a big deal for them 

28 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Berrhalter in the last window said all but one player was fully vaccinated (and he was partially vaccinated).

of course, US could have new players come into the team that aren’t vaccinated but I don’t think it’s going to be a big deal for them 

We may be missing Borjan and Hoilett for this game, although not confirmed.