General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

17 hours ago, Sal333 said:

If you think we're going overboard with enthusiasm for this team, listen to this guy. He ain't Canadian. He's from St Vincent and lives in the states. I've been following him for a while and everything he claims he said about Canada he did say it.

Love my man Dominic Rich

19 hours ago, Sal333 said:

If you think we're going overboard with enthusiasm for this team, listen to this guy. He ain't Canadian. He's from St Vincent and lives in the states. I've been following him for a while and everything he claims he said about Canada he did say it.

Rich! Peeeaaaaaace. Squaaaaaaaad.

40 minutes ago, PastPros said:

To the internet Gods... May I request a video featuring every Canadian goal in 2021.

Thanks in advance.

Who has that much free time to watch 80 some odd goals?!

I have that much time so if someone with computer skills can make this happen I am sure it will get many, many views. Only other question is where does it posted Youtube or Pronhub because let's be honest there are some pretty sexy goals scored this year😘

Just now, RandomGuy said:

Who has that much free time to watch 80 some odd goals?!

I have that much time so if someone with computer skills can make this happen I am sure it will get many, many views. Only other question is where does it posted Youtube or Pronhub because let's be honest there are some pretty sexy goals scored this year😘

I think whoever edits such a video will run into copyright issues.

If we can clear the copyright problems and someone can point me to the videos of the individual goals I can assemble that video. I edit & shoot videos but I'm a lousy researcher hence I need someone to point me to the individual videos.

I was just commenting in the Adekugbe thread and it made me think of the players who 1 year ago weren’t really integral pieces where we thought “can’t lose this guy no matter what..”.  Maybe others did see it that way but I sure as hell didn’t.  I don’t watch a lot of MLS, so maybe I wasn’t in the loop.  Here’s the group of guys I think fall in this category, who emerged beyond I’d venture to say everyone’s expectations..

1) Buchanan..I think this is the most obvious one.  When I saw him playing in the Olympic qualifiers I saw some good potential, then in qualifiers too.  The gold cup was his coming out party and frankly, no David and Davies there was probably the best thing for his international career.  Gives us a balanced attack with speed/skill on both sides now. Sky is the limit here 

2) Eustaqiuo..same thing with him.  Slowly started to involve himself and by the last few qualifiers before the gold cup really emerged.  Again, at the gold cup was arguably our best player.  Sensational addition 

3) Johnston..the more he played, the more comfortable he looked out there.  Has really solidified his presence on the back line.  Europe potential?  Maybe.  Tough as nails.  Was nowhere in the mix like this 12 months ago

4) K Miller..his has been an interesting rise. There’s been a game or 2 since the spring where he’ll make a blunder or 2 and you think to yourself, come on buddy, but frankly, the last 2 windows he’s become a rock out there.  Huge improvement here.

5) Adekugbe..leaps into the snow aside, another player who was a decent guy off the bench to close out a game.  But the last 2 windows as well, he’s really gone to another level.  Indispensable IMO.

Obviously the Davies, Davids, Larin types were pretty established here.  Couple more honourable mentions go to Crepeau when he’s filled in and Laryea who while proven and in the CMNT mix, has really improved too.

Think back a year ago and those 5 guys weren’t anywhere in the mix like they are now from what I remember.  What a transformation 

18 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

Obviously the Davies, Davids, Larin types were pretty established here.  Couple more honourable mentions go to Crepeau when he’s filled in and Laryea who while proven and in the CMNT mix, has really improved too.

Hard to believe but we need to remember Larin wasn’t established until this year.  Prior to this year he hadn’t scored a goal since 2018 (against Dominica no less). He hadn’t scored in 3 Gold Cups. He was even dropped from Canada in 2019. 

He completely turned it around with his play for Besiktas starting in summer 2020 and that has carried over to Canada.

On 11/8/2021 at 10:15 AM, Corazon said:

Final Statistics for Canadians in MLS 2021

Player Team Position GP GS MP G A
Russell Teibert Vancouver CM 33 29 2421 1 2
Kamal Miller Montreal CB 27 26 2377 1 3
Richie Laryea Toronto RB 27 26 2294 3 1
Alistair Johnston Nashville RB 26 24 2144 1 1
Zach Brault-Guillard Montreal RB 30 23 2056 2 3
Mathieu Choiniere Montreal CM 26 24 1992 2 0
Mark Anthony Kaye Colorado CM 25 23 1862 1 3
Joel Waterman Montreal CB 22 21 1854 0 3
Tajon Buchanan New England RW 27 19 1749 8 5
Samuel Piette Montreal CM 25 19 1714 1 2
Jonathan Osorio Toronto CM 24 19 1653 4 2
Cristian Gutierrez Vancouver LB 19 17 1546 0 3
Raheem Edwards Los Angeles LW 27 15 1369 0 2
Tesho Akindele Orlando ST 32 15 1360 3 6
Michael Baldisimo Vancouver CM 21 12 1254 0 0
Zorhan Bassong Montreal LB 26 13 1248 0 1
Lucas Cavallini Vancouver ST 21 14 1229 3 1
Jay Chapman Miami CM 25 13 1185 0 2
Liam Fraser Columbus (from Toronto) CM 24 11 1166 0 0
Jacob Shaffelburg Toronto LW 20 11 995 3 3
Noble Okello Toronto CM 14 10 854 1 1
Tyler Pasher Houston ST 19 9 844 4 3
Ayo Akinola Toronto ST 11 8 649 3 0
Ralph Priso Toronto CM 11 7 575 1 2
Luke Singh Toronto CB 6 5 447 1 0
Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty Toronto CM 11 4 421 0 1
Ryan Raposo Vancouver CM 21 3 372 0 2
Ashtone Morgan Salt Lake LB 8 4 371 0 0
Patrick Metcalfe Vancouver CM 13 4 361 0 0
Clement Bayiha Montreal RB 10 2 281 0 0
Jayden Nelson Toronto RW 7 3 247 0 1
Tosaint Ricketts Vancouver ST 14 0 173 0 0
Derek Cornelious Vancouver (to Panetolikos) CB 5 1 144 0 0
Jordan Peruzza Toronto ST 5 0 137 1 0
Marcus Godinho Vancouver RB 4 1 114 0 0
Julian Dunn-Johnson Toronto CB 1 1 90 0 0
Kamron Habibullah Vancouver CM 3 0 34 0 0
Theo Bair Vancouver ST 4 0 27 0 0
Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla Montreal ST 2 0 19 0 0
Rida Zouhir Montreal CM 2 0 16 0 0
Damiano Pecile Vancouver (to Venezia) CM          
Simon Colyn Vancouver (to SPAL) CM          
Gianfranco Facchineri Vancouver CB          
Matteo Campagna Vancouver CM          
Rocco Romeo Toronto (to Valour) CB          
Sean Rea Montreal (to Valour FC) CM          
Tomas Giraldo Montreal (to FC Edmonton) CM          
Karifa Yao Montreal (to Cavalry FC) CB          
Keesean Ferdinand Montreal (to Atletico Ottawa) CB          
Ismael Kone Montreal CM          
Jean-Aniel Assi Montreal ST          
Nathan-Dylan Saliba Montreal CM          
Callum Montgomery Minnesota (to San Diego) CB          

Player Team Position GP GS MP S GA
Maxime Crepeau Vancouver GK 27 27 2430 96 31
James Pantemis Montreal GK 18 18 1620 56 27
Sebastian Breza Montreal (from Bologna) GK 8 8 720 21 8
Thomas Hasal Vancouver GK 7 7 630 20 14
Dayne St Clair Minnesota GK 4 4 360 11 10
Greg Ranjitsingh Philadelphia GK          
Isaac Boehmer Vancouver GK          
Jonathan Sirois Montreal (to Valour FC) GK          

Just to add to this. Here is the breakdown since 2016. As well as the breakdown per MLS team. My numbers are slightly off from above, but fairly close.

image.png.25cd6b339b94187a5dcccc6ac078d068.png

image.png.6733eb2316080ece955c4a44ae1b145e.png

What a weasel and full of shit. The question was "Who is the best team in CONCACAF?" That means TODAY, in THIS MOMENT, and that would be the team that is #1 in the standings of WC Qualifying. The question was not who WILL BE the best team or who WAS the best team. The questions is not is Canada invincible (although they have been so far this round). 

It disrespectful to the players.  Miles Robinson and Zimmerman are demi gods, but Johnston, Miller and Lareya are scrubs that are over acheiving??  Pepi and Weah are so hot, such good talents....but David and Buchanon are just well coached??  And Gomez is seemingly unaware that Larin is a very good striker..i guess he doesnt remember him from the MLS days??  These 2 goobers are the same kind of guys that just voted Pepi as young MLS player of the year.   

9 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

^^^ pretty telling graph for anyone who doesn’t believe the Team America rhetoric.   

TFC has been run by Bill Manning and a bunch of Americans for the entirety of that graph and their line was higher than Vancouver and Montreal at various points over the past six seasons (including being higher than both last year).

I know I’m shouting into the wind here, and I’m sure certain people will accuse me of coming to their defence, but the chart shows that TFC is no better or worse than the other two clubs in terms of Canadian content over the long run. 

The noticeable thing is that the other two clubs tend to give their non-Canadian minutes to foreigners whereas TFC gives theirs to Americans. That doesn’t bother me nearly as much as it does others on here, but it is what it is at this point.

5 hours ago, RS said:

TFC has been run by Bill Manning and a bunch of Americans for the entirety of that graph and their line was higher than Vancouver and Montreal at various points over the past six seasons (including being higher than both last year).

I know I’m shouting into the wind here, and I’m sure certain people will accuse me of coming to their defence, but the chart shows that TFC is no better or worse than the other two clubs in terms of Canadian content over the long run. 

The noticeable thing is that the other two clubs tend to give their non-Canadian minutes to foreigners whereas TFC gives theirs to Americans. That doesn’t bother me nearly as much as it does others on here, but it is what it is at this point.

I would agree with that.  And the trend line has been up for all of them over the last few years.  And all of them (plus the line for all those in the US) set a record for minutes for Canadians this year.