General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

12 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Kennedy and Cornelius both scored on headers in front of goal off of free kicks this week. Let's hope our corners/kicks are a bit more productive. We will need to take every chance we get.

Without Eustaqiuo and Davies I wonder who will be taking them ..Hoilett would be first choice but I’m thinking his availability will be limited 

17 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Without Eustaqiuo and Davies I wonder who will be taking them ..Hoilett would be first choice but I’m thinking his availability will be limited 

Vitoria can do direct kicks but I wonder how his general service is.

27 minutes ago, Floortom said:

One benefit of Davies not being available is that he won’t be taking all of the dead balls.

I know that it is a bit funny to see this calibre of sponsor announced but I am still pretty happy to see corporate Canada stepping up and flashing some cash right now.  As momentum builds and this team gets more attention today’a Gogo Squeez could be tomorrow’s major sponsor.  Want more friendlies, bigger camps and more youth games?   We need these guys to get out the cheque book.   

18 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I know that it is a bit funny to see this calibre of sponsor announced but I am still pretty happy to see corporate Canada stepping up and flashing some cash right now.  As momentum builds and this team gets more attention today’a Gogo Squeez could be tomorrow’s major sponsor.  Want more friendlies, bigger camps and more youth games?   We need these guys to get out the cheque book.   

GoGo Squeez is smart getting in early.....like buying Amazon when it was $10

https://www.gogosqueez.com/products/

Well I had to check for myself.   Which got me thinking about a story i came accross several years ago that perked my interest.  Sorry, but this story might debunk one of the biggest urban legends in Canadian soccer.    Anyways, i had heard that in certain Latin american countries you can buy juice (inlcuding apple juice) in small plastic bags.    Could it have been apple juice that was thrown at our players?  😄

maybe some spectator saw some our players wilting in the heat and tried help by sharing his / her apple juice.😄

Edited by Free kick

Just now, Free kick said:

https://www.gogosqueez.com/products/

Well I had to check for myself.   Which got me thinking about a story i came accross several years ago got me thinking.  Sorry, but this story might debunk one of the biggest urban legends in Canadian soccer.    Anyways, i had heard that in certain Latin american countries you can buy juice (inlcuding apple juice) in small plastic bags.    Could it have been apple juice that was thrown at our player?  

So are we throwing GoGo Squeeze at the Americans 😂

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I know that it is a bit funny to see this calibre of sponsor announced

I mean, GE Appliances is a pretty damn big company even if it's not the "General Electric" of old.

(I know you were referring to GoGo Squeez, but GE was the more recent announcement)

7 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Oats and Microwaves, the cash cows coming in baby 🤑

My first thought was if the appliance maker would be involved with the CPL like the milk & juice sponsors.

But there is no mention of it in the press release. GE sidesteps having to answer to 3 Cdn MLS who they also sponsor. 

This twitter account that used to be an analyst with Cadiz put out a thread on top 10 u20 Canadian talent. Based on his picks, he knows our players better than most.

He selected Nelson, Ferdinand, Corbeanu, Sirois, JMR, J Smith, Rea, Abatneh, Habibhullah & Priso. 

In his replies, he also says Colyn has lots of potential, Coupland has shown flashes of quality but otherwise didn't catch his attention. Jebbison can be useful depending on team he's playing with.

Edited by red card