General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

It just makes me think that if we are getting this wrong less than two months after the event, I can only imagine what we will be saying in 10 years time. 

I remember being in Hamilton when Davies saved the ball from going out against Mexico and then scored this amazing goal and celebrated by jumping into the snowbank!

These two guys rated the top 10 CONCACA players for 2021. Although American I think they're both of Mexican descent so that may have influenced their choices. They have three Mexicans, two Yanks and two Canucks. I don't want to give away the list but Larin should have been on this list with the other two Canucks.

2 hours ago, Sal333 said:

These two guys rated the top 10 CONCACA players for 2021. Although American I think they're both of Mexican descent so that may have influenced their choices. They have three Mexicans, two Yanks and two Canucks. I don't want to give away the list but Larin should have been on this list with the other two Canucks.

Tbf both Herc Gomez and Salazar are very pro Canadian. I’m pretty sure Herc walked off set on live Mexican TV after getting into a heated argument where others disagreed Phonzie was the best player in CONCACAF.

Top 10 things that don't matter

Number 10... lists

Number 9... people arguing about their lists

Number 8... people making lists  with the intention to get people to argue about their list because they don't even agree with their list

7 thru 1 is all covid related so I won't get in to it

Edited by SpursFlu

17 hours ago, An Observer said:

It just makes me think that if we are getting this wrong less than two months after the event, I can only imagine what we will be saying in 10 years time. 

I remember being in Hamilton when Davies saved the ball from going out against Mexico and then scored this amazing goal and celebrated by jumping into the snowbank!

I'll always remember the Mexicans crying after Osorio's hand of God at Azteca. 

On 12/25/2021 at 4:42 PM, gigi riva said:

MY TOP 5.

1 CWNT winning Gold in Japan.

2. Davies Goal  (Sammy jumping into the Snowbank)

3. Iceteca beating Mexico.

4. Beating El Salavdor

5. CWNT Beating the Yanks

oops I got  a bit of a mixup . I meant to put Sammy Jumping into the snow bank beside Iceteca beating Mexico

22 hours ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Tbf both Herc Gomez and Salazar are very pro Canadian. I’m pretty sure Herc walked off set on live Mexican TV after getting into a heated argument where others disagreed Phonzie was the best player in CONCACAF.

I agree with their list for the most part.  Only McKennie is ranked way too high and David not high enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Was curious to hear others perspectives on this... personally I've almost been more excited with the TB and Richie transfers than I had been when Phonsy and David initially went to Bayern and Gent respectively. The reason I say this is that the more recent transfers are signings where our guys are expected to make immediate impacts whereas the Davies and David were brought in as prospects to be developed. There's something special the past few days about seeing all the Brugge and Forest fans being this excited about seeing these guys play.

Anyone else feeling similarly or is it just me?

3 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Was curious to hear others perspectives on this... personally I've almost been more excited with the TB and Richie transfers than I had been when Phonsy and David initially went to Bayern and Gent respectively. The reason I say this is that the more recent transfers are signings where our guys are expected to make immediate impacts whereas the Davies and David were brought in as prospects to be developed. There's something special the past few days about seeing all the Brugge and Forest fans being this excited about seeing these guys play.

Anyone else feeling similarly or is it just me?

Hot take alert:

A small part of me thinks that Tajon could end up being the best CMNT player we have by the time 2026 rolls around.   

8 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

It's so hot I won't go anywhere near it in case I get scalded.

I know it is not the common sentiment but there is something about his play that I think has room to progress significantly.  He is fast. Maybe not Phonzie fast but he is definitely a speedster.   He also has tricks that I see executed more naturally than anyone else on our team.   Davies may be able to blow by guys with sheer pace, but in terms of taking someone on directly and running at them one on one I think Tajon may end up having a more diverse skillset.  Plus he can finish well - and with both feet (I think).  His game is well rounded and when you consider the pace at which he has progressed, I think his growth will continue for a while yet.   And there are elements of his game that make me think he could progress to be the most complete attacker we have   

It is probably an unlikely idea but it wouldn’t shock me.  

45 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

3 Canadians in the first round in MLS mock draft at mls.com 

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2022-mls-mock-superdraft-predicting-who-ll-be-taken-in-round-1

#7 Mohamad Omar

#16 Tani Oluwaseyi 

#26 O'Vonte Mullings

Not to take away from the potential of having 3 Canadians taken in the first round and I'm certainly no expert on this, but they have Montreal taking a Goalkeeper with their 11th overall pick. Isn't another young Keeper the last thing Montreal needs?