Cyle Larin

shermanator

If it is true that he wasn’t starting the last few games because of fitness, the idea of him getting in top shape over the course of this season is pretty exciting.

I know he has already consistently done well for Canada but this move could prove to be an absolutely massive move for him. He is still only 27 and can absolutely be a massive part of our 2026 squad.  Scoring against top tier defenders in Spain while getting in the peak physical condition required to compete in a top 3 league?   Damn this seems like the perfect situation. 

Edited by dyslexic nam

Still early days but there were some saying he should come back to MLS.  Now he’s making a name for himself in La Liga.  He’s scored against top teams too.  Valencia not the best right now but they’re still a big club and then both Sociedad and Betis are consistently good clubs of late and both are fighting for a champions league spot for next season.

4 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Still early days but there were some saying he should come back to MLS.  Now he’s making a name for himself in La Liga.  He’s scored against top teams too.  Valencia not the best right now but they’re still a big club and then both Sociedad and Betis are consistently good clubs of late and both are fighting for a champions league spot for next season.

His career making a comeback as quickly as his hairline.

Whatever the result, Valladolid is playing at the level of the top half of the table. They are cohesive, well-coached, get forward, have chances. And then Larin is well integrated into the team. His movements, the way his teammates find him, also how he positions defensively usually covering the DM when the rival plays out. 

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Does anyone have a list of Concacaf goal scorers in Top 5 leagues this season.

Just for my curiosity 

Let me see:

Canada:

David. 14

Larin.  3

Ugbo.  1

USA:

Ream.  1

Reyna.  5

Pefok.  4

McKennie.  1 (in Serie A)

Aaronson. 1

Pulisic. 1

Mexico:

Guardado:  1

Lozano:  3

Jamaica:

Antonio. 2

Reid. 4

Bailey. 4

It looks like that could be it.  I thought Mexico would have more to be honest.

27 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Let me see:

Canada:

David. 14

Larin.  3

Ugbo.  1

USA:

Ream.  1

Reyna.  5

Pefok.  4

McKennie.  1 (in Serie A)

Aaronson. 1

Pulisic. 1

Mexico:

Guardado:  1

Lozano:  3

Jamaica:

Antonio. 2

Reid. 4

Bailey. 4

It looks like that could be it.  I thought Mexico would have more to be honest.

Sheraldo Becker has 7 in Bundesliga