Cyle Larin

shermanator

Contingent on the idea that they get promoted, it might not be the worst thing to move to a team where he is likely to be a starting striker in the EPL.  Obviously you want him to get chances to score and that will be hard if his team struggles to generate any offence, but getting tons of minutes battling against EPL defenders would sharpen his game.  

On 2/19/2022 at 12:07 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

....wondering why Larin wasn't in the squad... complained of pain

He is back in training and should be in the Beşiktaş squad for tomorrow's match. He is a little borderline so if not tomorrow he should be back by the weekend.

On 2/23/2022 at 11:31 AM, narduch said:

Huddersfield

The Turkish tabloids are full of wild rumours but they claim things have cooled because Larin wasn't a fan of their offer but it's very early days yet.

24 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

He is back in training and should be in the Beşiktaş squad for tomorrow's match. He is a little borderline so if not tomorrow he should be back by the weekend.

The Turkish tabloids are full of wild rumours but they claim things have cooled because Larin wasn't a fan of their offer but it's very early days yet.

Larin must read this board, then. 😄

• 2 weeks later...

AC Milan would look sexy on his resume but that's a pretty big jump, isn't it? Zlatan and Grioud won't play forever, but I am not sure Larin can afford to bide his time. Leão can lead the line for them as well and is younger than Larin is. Maybe this makes sense if they want him for that left forward role he plays at Besiktas, but I don't follow Milan close enough to recall who currently plays out there.

But yeah, all that aside it would be awesome having our top 2 strikers on the books at 2 of the 3 biggest and best clubs in Italian football.

Edit: Rebic is there as well, I forgot.

Edited by Obinna

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 10:20 PM, Stryker911 said:

He is mentioned in this article as an AC Milan possible target. I have no idea how legit they are, but would vlbe a pretty unreal move. Even better if David ends up at Inter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sempremilan.com/milan-bosman-striker-six-options/amp

Cyle Larin in Serie A...I WOULD LOVE IT!!! Larin to AC Milan would be huge for his career

22 minutes ago, king1010 said:

What was the red for? 

He busted through on the wing and was getting pulled back from behind with two hands. After several strides of dragging the defender along like a draft horse, Larin finally turns and gave the guy a shove to the chest to get away from him. Defender cocks a fist like he’s going to punch, then Larin makes what can only be described as an emergency flinch/slap in reply, which brushes the defender in the face. Defender goes down like he’s been shot. Red card.

Trash refereeing. If you’re going to send off one, send them both.

On 3/30/2022 at 9:55 AM, king1010 said:

If he's going to Serie A, a mid table team where he could see consistent minutes like Torino, Bologna(Hey Joey Saputo), Sampdoria or Sassuolo would be my preference. 

Too much risk going to a top 5 team in Italy. We need him playing. 

Yeah or he could always go to Atalanta

9 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Nice turn of pace by Larin there though.

I feel like I recall Larin showing surprising acceleration to get around the Jamaican right back in the first half at BMO last Sunday. I don’t remember him ever really doing that before so I wonder if he’s been working on his speed to add to his game? Or has he always had that and I have just never noticed until now?

13 hours ago, footballfreak said:

He busted through on the wing and was getting pulled back from behind with two hands. After several strides of dragging the defender along like a draft horse, Larin finally turns and gave the guy a shove to the chest to get away from him. Defender cocks a fist like he’s going to punch, then Larin makes what can only be described as an emergency flinch/slap in reply, which brushes the defender in the face. Defender goes down like he’s been shot. Red card.

Trash refereeing. If you’re going to send off one, send them both.

He immediately looked at his hands like “what did you do” 😂.