Cyle Larin

shermanator

2 hours ago, finchster said:

Which is a better run?

Craig Forrest in 2000 CG

vs

Cyle Larin 2021-22 WCQ? 

Larin with 4 goals against the USA and Mexico with two game winning goals and one game tying goal vs USA. 

Definitely Larin and honestly I wanna see him leading our line in Qatar depending on whoever we face in the group come November 

22 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

For set pieces you mean, because his teamwork is not a strong parcel of his game ,  the guy is a fox in the box.  He is like John Aldridge.  David went deep at some point to play as a playmaker, to get the ball played some nice passes.  Then Hoilett played that role too.  I rate Larín, but he lives for "the last pass till the end of the net"  it is his food. 

No, I wasn't referring specifically to set pieces. He was dropping back quite a bit to support the midfielders in the first 30-40 minutes.

I watched him at Besiktas a number of times last year. He was frequently used out wide - although he did drift in to play as the second striker quite often - and as the season progressed his defending really improved. He was getting quite good as pressing the ball carrier and picking off passes. I haven't seen him do that too much with the national team but he is capable of performing that role when asked.

The one year he played in Belgium he had more assists than goals so he's not a one dimensional player. It just depends on how the coach chooses to use him.

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

If we end up in Qatar, could Larin be a dark horse for the Golden Boot? He could but he would have serious competition from other players from other countries

If one of our strikers wins the golden boot, it means we moved into the round of 16 and probably the quarter and semi finals. Even I am not that much of an optimist.

Edited by Sal333

If we end up in Qatar, could Larin be a dark horse for the Golden Boot? He could but he would have serious competition from other players from other countries

Not that I think it's likely, but in my latest save of FM21 with Canada, Cyle Larin won the golden boot with 12 (!!) goals as Canada made a deep run. It helped that we were drawn in a group with New Zealand, Qatar, Chile, and Larin got 8 (!!) goals against New Zealand and Qatar (we beat New Zealand 5-0 and Qatar 7-0). So hey, at least in one possible universe this could happen! 

29 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

I think there's a lot of interest.  He's free in summer.   I would be shocked if he doesn't move to a top 5 league.  

I know right but Cyle Larin suitors as far as where he should go:

Premier League (England)- Brighton, West Ham United, Everton, Tottenham 

Bundesliga (Germany)- Dortmund

Serie A (Italy)- Lazio, Fiorentina, Roma 

I know right but Cyle Larin suitors as far as where he should go:

Premier League (England)- Brighton, West Ham United, Everton, Tottenham 

Bundesliga (Germany)- Dortmund

Serie A (Italy)- Lazio, Fiorentina, Roma 

He should have moved to West Ham in the window.  We need him...or anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Given that Beşiktaş are playing right now, I was wondering why Larin wasn't in the squad.

Here is the explanation:

https://bjk.com.tr/tr/haber/83006/ridvan-yilmaz-ile-cyle-larinin-saglik-durumlari-hakkinda-bilgilendirme.html

Larin is said to have complained of pain in the back of his thigh after the previous match. He went for an MRI and both stretching and edema were detected in the biceps femoris.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biceps_femoris_muscle

Somewhat related, spending power of the Turkish clubs set to be hit by a drop in TV rights.  The league was getting $500M/year in 2015 and will likely only get $150M/year in the new contract.  Apparently piracy is off the charts in Turkey

https://www.insideworldfootball.com/2022/02/18/turkeys-superlig-races-towards-350m-drop-tv-deal-2015-high-point/

53 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Somewhat related, spending power of the Turkish clubs set to be hit by a drop in TV rights.  The league was getting $500M/year in 2015 and will likely only get $150M/year in the new contract.  Apparently piracy is off the charts in Turkey

https://www.insideworldfootball.com/2022/02/18/turkeys-superlig-races-towards-350m-drop-tv-deal-2015-high-point/

Bloody Hell, that's going to hurt.

Maybe OTT is the best option in the long run, for fans and the league but I doubt it.  OneSoccer has opened up some of it's content to both SportsNet and CBC so what starts out as one thing doesn't necessarily finish that way.  Just as an example.