2020-21 Besiktas

Europe - 2 games

1 goal in Champions League Qualifying

1 Missed penalty in Europa League Qualifying Shootout

Friendlies - 3 games

2 goals

Super Lig - 7 games

4 goals

Note: No one else has more than 1 goal for Besiktas this Super Lig season.

Total - 7 goals in 12 games this season.  Also a couple man of the matches in the Super Lig this season. 

Atiba top rated Besiktas player this season according to Fotmob.  And its not really even close.

Edited by Corazon

4 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Turkish fans are pretty fickle, they’ll turn on him if he doesn’t keep producing 

Based on my, admittedly small, research - the majority of Besiktas fans still don’t rate him at all. Think he’ll need to keep up this pace for awhile longer to get these fans on his side.

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

The good news is that he has developed into quite the left winger... Now we have options on the LW between Davies, Hoillet and Larin.

Not sure if you watched the game or not (I never), but this video seems to imply that Larin is not playing as a true winger, which I would expect.

See 11:35 of this video. I don't speak Turkish, but my guess is that he is a winger defensively in a 4-1-4-1, but that turns into an attacking 4-2-2 with Larin paired with Aboubakar up top. 

If he was in fact playing as a true winger, that would be very interesting. Can anyone confirm how Larin has been playing lately?

Edited by Obinna

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

Not sure if you watched the game or not (I never), but this video seems to imply that Larin is not playing as a true winger, which I would expect.

See 11:35 of this video. I don't speak Turkish, but my guess is that he is a winger defensively in a 4-1-4-1, but that turns into an attacking 4-2-2 with Larin paired with Aboubakar up top. 

If he was in fact playing as a true winger, that would be very interesting. Can anyone confirm how Larin has been playing lately?

He makes the occasional run up the wing, (and he's actually quicker than you'd think) but his crossing isn't very good. He'll usually leave it for N'Sakala, and get into the box.

• 2 weeks later...