Cyle Larin

shermanator

3 hours ago, Boominbooty said:

based on form, Larin starts ahead of Cavallini in October: discuss

I'm happy for him and I hope it continues but uh, it was one game. I don't think you can call that "form" yet.

Btw, what is up with their starting lineup? Did they lose a lot of player or just for whatever reason put out a weaker lineup?

31 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

I'm happy for him and I hope it continues but uh, it was one game. I don't think you can call that "form" yet.

Btw, what is up with their starting lineup? Did they lose a lot of player or just for whatever reason put out a weaker lineup?

I do not know who the fullbacks were out there today, but they were not Besiktas standard, that is for sure.

Hmmm.....Larin getting better....or Besiktas getting worse? 🤔

Edited by Obinna

10 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Possible swap between Besiktas and Anderlecht

E31EA739-3081-4909-8A77-6B9BB1713B72.jpeg

Yeah that was the initial rumour Saturday that I posted above, it has seemed to have moved to a straight transfer now, with Besiktas possibly pursuing someone else since they are waiting to replace him.

On 8/25/2020 at 6:24 PM, Strait Red said:

Just scanning some comments on twitter from Besiktas fans regarding Larin, most were fairly positive.

It’s also fair to say that this guy isn’t a fan of Cyle’s 😂 😂 

1381CB1C-921C-4A12-8AA7-913225D07FBE.jpeg

Cyle doesn't need to use his feet. He can score with his bum.

Edited by Norrin Radd

I had not watched him much before last year but for whatever reason I was able to catch quite a few of his games last season (Belgian league's times tended to be different than the English leagues).  He is not perfect but worked hard for the team generally and was picking up a fair number of assists because of it.  

When there was talk of him being available for 2/3 million Euro, I would certainly have had him as a backup striker for my club side.  Works a lot harder than our £40 mill one. 

I think he could be real good foil for the other attacking talent we have in the national team at this point. 

13 hours ago, An Observer said:

His hold up play is definitely better and he moves better but I thought he lost the ball too much and mislayed it a few times too many. But definitely think he is a head of cavalini at the moment. 

There's room for improvement sure, and his first touch could use some work, but he just appears to be in overall better shape now, moves better, more agile, and finally appears to be using his big frame to his advantage. The truth is that Larin will have to keep competing and proving himself to get playing time... Cavallini with the Whitecaps won't

It seems that Larin started his career as a pure goal scorer. A true natural finisher who couldn't miss, albeit at the MLS level. He won rookie of the year, was picked for the MLS allstar team the following year, and dealt with off the field issues in his final year, but still scored 12 goals. Working hard for the team was not his strength, neither was his hold up play, but his god-like ability to finish every chance in his path was. That led to a move to Besiktas, where he started hot, but eventually lost his spot and seemingly his confidence. 

What followed was a loan where Larin seemed to reinvent himself. His identity shifted from goal scorer to hard working forward and with that came the improvement in hold up play. It is still not perfect, but much improved. It was a part of his game he needed to improve and he has done that. Now he is a more well rounded player, and the stats point to that, as he scored 9 and assisting 10 on loan in Belgium. I don't think he ever had more than 5 assists in an MLS season.

Larin is now back at Besiktas, and the hard work for the team (and all that comes with it) seems to be part of him. It is very nice to see. It is what needed to happen for him to see the field regularly for a bigger club.

A re-discovery of that Orlando goal scoring confidence would turn him into a monster. He is scoring again, but he is not quite there yet.

Edited by Obinna