Cyle Larin

shermanator

This is not the first time Seattle rumors have come up. We heard them back in the summer as well if I recall correctly. I think it's probably a case of the sounders wanting Larin than the reverse. Nice to see they are interested but no need to go back at this time. He looks poised for some nice minutes now at Besiktas. I am optimistic him and Aboubakar will form a nice partnership.

16 hours ago, Obinna said:

This is not the first time Seattle rumors have come up. We heard them back in the summer as well if I recall correctly. I think it's probably a case of the sounders wanting Larin than the reverse. Nice to see they are interested but no need to go back at this time. He looks poised for some nice minutes now at Besiktas. I am optimistic him and Aboubakar will form a nice partnership.

Besiktas is not a club to known give younger players a side, and Larin is on the young side compared to the CFs who have played for Besiktas lately. His loan in Belgium did him good, he might not yet be an undisputed starter for Besiktas, but it seems the coaching staff have enough confidence in him as a legitimate option to start now and then. There is something to be said about the fact he is getting plenty of minutes with Besiktas, and he deserves credit for it. For me right now, Larin is ahead of Cavallini, no contest.

• 2 weeks later...

He's been playing on the wing recently, and I'm not sure if it really makes sense... he's faster than I thought, but some of his crosses are not pretty. It only really works when he makes a run up the flank, and gets it to N'Sakala so he can get in attacking position. I guess it's better than not playing at all, but Aboubakar is their clear cut striker now, so he'll have to adapt.

He scored though!

Edited by PiedPilko

Watched the second half.

Quite decent.  Their biggest threat to get his head on the ball in the box.  Had a few chances like that other than the goal.  Works hard enough. Makes runs and drags defenders around. 

Does not feel comfortable carrying the ball wide but that hasn't been his role much.  Get stuck in defensively out there most of time at least. 

Would take him for my club at the moment, over our £45 mill striker. 

Just now, Ansem said:

That's what David needs to do, be a warrior and not being afraid to take some punishment to get a goal.

We're blessed with options upfront unlike the Yanks

I want to wait until we are consistently matching them before I start gloating.  The fact remains that they have owned us historically.  

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I want to wait until we are consistently matching them before I start gloating.  The fact remains that they have owned us historically.  

That's why I said "up front". 

I think our "starting" midfield is just as capable as theirs, same with keeper.

They have more depth elsewhere and an edge at defense.