Cyle Larin

shermanator

18 hours ago, jordan said:

I think his position is only different defensively 

I didn't see yesterday's game but I watched the game a couple of weeks ago. He was definitely doing a lot more work defensively, particularly on the left side of his own box.

In the opposition half he was drifting into the box as a second striker, specially when the buildup was from the right side of the pitch. With Aboubakar playing centrally and receiving most of the attention - not to mention physical punishment - from the defenders it appears that Larin is getting a little more space in the box.

He now has scored in all four games where he has been penciled in as a winger. It may be that he is benefiting from this new formation but had scored twice in his previous three starts this season so it could also simply be one of his hot streaks.

I like that there is interest as it is always a sign of how you are performing but I am not sure I would want yet another move.  Larin is playing well in Turkey and has finally locked down a starting role for consistent game time.  After loan spells and having to earn his way into the starting 11, I am not sure another move right now is ideal.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You are aware that this is against a third tier club sitting mid table and playing away to Besiktas, are you not?

Larin scores a goal, someone posts the video, and a couple people make some positive observations. Seems fine to me.

I guess your comment was meant to either belittle the goal or the comments about it? Or just to show how much you know? Either way, doesn't seem like a good contribution. Not to mention the possible derailing effects. Just saying.

11 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Larin scores a goal, someone posts the video, and a couple people make some positive observations. Seems fine to me.

I guess your comment was meant to either belittle the goal or the comments about it? Or just to show how much you know? Either way, doesn't seem like a good contribution. Not to mention the possible derailing effects. Just saying.

It was a great contribution, and entirely appropriate for this board. Larin scored against the weakest team they'll face all year in official competition. So it means very little, should not be taken as remotely significant. It's embarrassing they only won by so little. And stupid to think it reflects well on the player. 

Most folks understand that. You're being deliberately obtuse to feed a gripe is what's really out of place. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist