Raheem Edwards

Dub Narcotic

3 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

That's a confident player right now.  Surely should be on the radar for this window?

With our starting left back suspended the first game & very likely no Davies, I would hope Raheem gets called. He could be used up the pitch as well. However Herdman may stick with the yet-to-be-played Gutierrez as cover for that spot.

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I shit on Vanney for not playing the kids when he was at TFC, Raheem is one guy who I remember actually getting a chance before they lost him in the expansion draft and he kept bouncing around different teams. It's actually a good thing they reunited.

5 minutes ago, Bdog said:

As much as I shit on Vanney for not playing the kids when he was at TFC, Raheem is one guy who I remember actually getting a chance before they lost him in the expansion draft and he kept bouncing around different teams. It's actually a good thing they reunited.

Are you sure it wasnt Jason bent who wanted him back??  He was his coach at TFC2 when Edwards first broke in.  HEHEHEHE!!!  

One thing has been clear from the clips I’ve seen: Chicharito loves playing with him. When you can make the star happy, you’re doing your job.

It’s a tough ask to break into the left side of the roster, but at the very least he deserves his shot. He’s ahead of Gutierrez as of now, but even that may not be enough to get on a 23-man with Phonzy coming back.

We have Davies, Adekugbe, Hoilett, Millar plus a number of guys who can switch over in a pinch. I would consider the first 3 locks, but if Edwards proves he can provide adequate cover for both positions on the left, he has the potential to displace Millar.

Edited by footballfreak

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Adekugbe has been a rock.  But I think Guttierez can forget about getting any calls this summer.  

No doubt. But Raheem brings something different. He’s looks to have better dribbling, his style reminds me of Laryea the way he works in the final third.

Atm he’s bumping Gutierrez and Millar for me. Versatility as been key. 

6 hours ago, Shway said:

No doubt. But Raheem brings something different. He’s looks to have better dribbling, his style reminds me of Laryea the way he works in the final third.

Atm he’s bumping Gutierrez and Millar for me. Versatility as been key. 

What I like about Edwards is he can do what both Adekugbe and Laryea do on the left, which is cross the ball in or cut in and dribble into the middle. Adekugbe isn't comfortable doing the latter and Laryea is right footed and I don't think we really see him ever cross the ball in if he's on the left. 

Herdman seems to be tracking him closely and every performance he has put in has been positive. I really hope he now has found a home after so many years of instability. TFC should never have left him unprotected.

6 minutes ago, VinceA said:

What I like about Edwards is he can do what both Adekugbe and Laryea do on the left, which is cross the ball in or cut in and dribble into the middle. Adekugbe isn't comfortable doing the latter and Laryea is right footed and I don't think we really see him ever cross the ball in if he's on the left. 

Herdman seems to be tracking him closely and every performance he has put in has been positive. I really hope he now has found a home after so many years of instability. TFC should never have left him unprotected.

Exactly. 100% agree.

Raheem has found his old form that was successful for him at TFC.

I think having “duplicates” (player who play the same) is key for squad continuity and for guys to easily come in and do the same job. 

Whether in the 352, 442, pr 433 formation. There is adequate subs/replacements for each position. 

Edited by Shway

We may need to pump the brakes on the Edwards as LWB cover conversation. He’s been very involved going forward, but he was also caught at sea defensively multiple times today. Late to react on the LAFC goal, and almost got caught again on a goal that was wiped off in the last minute of stoppage time. He still deserves to be in the conversation for the World Cup, but I would feel very uncomfortable with him at LWB.

On 4/4/2022 at 1:11 AM, Dominic94 said:

Guy is killing it, Adekugbe should be worried.

Nah. When Edwards turns in defensive performances as solid as adekugbe consistently, then it’s maybe a debate. But right now Edwards is still a so-so defensive guy (maybe this is understating it) who contributes a lot more when in possession.

Edited by ag futbol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...