Raheem Edwards

Dub Narcotic

• 5 months later...
2 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Too bad TFC didn’t reclaim him. There is no way that Tsubasa Endoh is better than he is and yet TFC used him in Edwards best spot for half the season 

Plus Toronto needs depth at LB and in general needs speed. He could pitch in at wing as well. And obviously knows the club. 

16 minutes ago, Kent said:

LAFC was the team that drafted him in the expansion draft before immediately trading him to Montreal. I wonder how many players have been picked by the same team in a draft twice.

Hey Raheem,... our bad for effing you up. But we brought you back to make it right!

... few months later

• 3 months later...

Raheem at LAFC almost forgot here was there but good for him,  Bob Bradley seems to have away of bringing out the best out of players like this , players that have never been MLS full time starters like Edwards go to LAFC and are able to make solid contributions . Raheem should be in consideration for the Gold Cup team depending how he does at LAFC and if he really does well then would be a good cover if any of our top players on our A squad were to get injured. It’s good to have depth like a Raheem. I think in the end it’s depth that will help Canada get and stay and the next level . 

1 hour ago, SoccMan said:

Raheem at LAFC almost forgot here was there but good for him,  Bob Bradley seems to have away of bringing out the best out of players like this , players that have never been MLS full time starters like Edwards go to LAFC and are able to make solid contributions . Raheem should be in consideration for the Gold Cup team depending how he does at LAFC and if he really does well then would be a good cover if any of our top players on our A squad were to get injured. It’s good to have depth like a Raheem. I think in the end it’s depth that will help Canada get and stay and the next level . 

Rooting for him, hope he manages to figure it out there.

• 6 months later...

Raheem has really stepped up this year for LAFC, starting 12 of 24 games played. For a team in the thick of a race for a playoff spot he has been he has started 8 of their last 10 games. Its the most significant amount of action he has had since 2018. I wonder if he has at least played his way into maybe a January camp invite to see what he has to offer at this point. A serviceable option maybe. 

Its the most he has ever played.  He can still go on those slaloming runs..are they playing him more of a wingback in a 3back system??   That would fit right into herdmans plans.  No goals or assists though, I think I would still call Pasher first (amongst the fringe MLS mids), maybe even Choiniere if we want to go younger/future.  Although Edwards is still only 26.  Seems like 10 years ago he was breaking in with TFC2.....but its nice to see a CDN journeyman out there taking up a spot at an american club.  

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Its the most he has ever played.  He can still go on those slaloming runs..are they playing him more of a wingback in a 3back system??   That would fit right into herdmans plans.  No goals or assists though, I think I would still call Pasher first (amongst the fringe MLS mids), maybe even Choiniere if we want to go younger/future.  Although Edwards is still only 26.  Seems like 10 years ago he was breaking in with TFC2.....but its nice to see a CDN journeyman out there taking up a spot at an american club.  

I think he needs some production out of that wing spot in order to see an NT recall.

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

14 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

I think he needs some production out of that wing spot in order to see an NT recall.

I agree at this point he is nothing more than a fringe prospect who might be worth a look in something like January camp setting. He should at least be on that radar. When you consider that 12 of the 27 players who were on the roster for the recent WCQs are Euro based and would not be available, there would be an opportunity for a number of these types of players to get a call in. There are certainly players ahead of him at this point as some have mentioned included Pasher but he certainly worth a look se in my eyes. You just never know. 

12 hours ago, Cblake said:

I agree at this point he is nothing more than a fringe prospect who might be worth a look in something like January camp setting. He should at least be on that radar. When you consider that 12 of the 27 players who were on the roster for the recent WCQs are Euro based and would not be available, there would be an opportunity for a number of these types of players to get a call in. There are certainly players ahead of him at this point as some have mentioned included Pasher but he certainly worth a look se in my eyes. You just never know. 

When you are talking about a "January camp" and talking about Euro's not being available, I assume you are talking about a kind of pre-camp before the real January camp, is that right? Because we do have 3 WCQ games in January/February, that the Euro guys will very much be available for.

46 minutes ago, Kent said:

When you are talking about a "January camp" and talking about Euro's not being available, I assume you are talking about a kind of pre-camp before the real January camp, is that right? Because we do have 3 WCQ games in January/February, that the Euro guys will very much be available for.

Absolutely, January camp is for all those not playing at that time ie MLS players and some Euro based who are on winter break. The WCQ roster is separate, those guys will start arriving after their games the weekend before the qualifiers, which is likely 12-14 players based on the current makeup. 

7 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Still surprised we haven’t seen him.  Many of us really wanted him to play for Canada and after he committed I thought we would see him immediately after.  Played well this season.

A combination of bad timing with injuries and good form with Adekugbe. Before his Turkey move I would have Gutierrez slightly ahead of Sam, despite having no previous caps, but since he's acclimatized so well to his new club (2nd in the Turkish standings, btw) it's hard to drop him.

I would like to see both in camp, but I suspect it will be one or the other. I think Cristian is too good not to eventually break through, so it's a matter of if and not when, I think.

I would certainly celebrate his call up if he makes the Edmonton games. I think very highly of him.