Raheem Edwards

Dub Narcotic

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, YorkRegionFan said:

How many positions is he able to cover? He started off as a winger with TFC, at LAFC, he seemed to play #10 role last year, and this year he is a left back? 

He was a wingback with TFC, which is the same role he’s playing under Vanney again at LAG. 

He played as a sort of 8 with LAFC last year for a bit. I think him being able to show his versatility and ability to play in the middle is his main route to the World Cup. His ability on the left alone won’t win him a spot with all the options we have at higher levels.

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

In Minnesota (its difficult to keep track of how many MLS teams he played for...we haven't mentioned Chicago & Montreal) he tended to play higher up the pitch, usually in a front three, on the left.

From the games I've seen he's a liability when playing further back.  Can't be counted on defensively.

9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Couldnt TFC have signed him this offseason when he was a free agent?? 

True.  Or we can also ask the question:  Couldn't Raheem Edwards have signed with TFC this offseason when he was a free agent?  It takes two to tango in the Free agent business

Edited by Free kick

On 5/29/2022 at 11:54 PM, Free kick said:

I just wish TFC would have found a way to protect him in the expansion draft.  They could use him now.   I thought he was strong in his season with TFC.

I think TFC let him go for the same reason CFM let him go, there were effort and off-field concerns.  The talent was always evident.  

12 minutes ago, costarg said:

I think TFC let him go for the same reason CFM let him go, there were effort and off-field concerns.  The talent was always evident.  

I think there were discussions for TFC to get him back after losing him in the expansion draft. I don't think they wanted rid of him. I think his worst problem was that he liked computer games too much which was revealed by Altidore taking a picture of him nerding out on his gaming computer. The image seems to have vanished from the internet.

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Was he poor the rest of the night too?

Does he look like #CanMNT material?

Aside from the PK, he looked hungry and played okay - nothing really noteworthy aside from a collision or two.  Throw in the PK though and it wasn’t a great outing.  

Doubt he would displace anyone on the current squad.  

he got subbed in at lb then lost a ball in the midfield and chasing bernardeschi back all the way made the foul which you could see coming from a mile away...its why hes bouncing around in the league non stop...giveaways and not great defensively but pretty good offensively

• 3 weeks later...