Raheem Edwards

Dub Narcotic

There was also the matter of making the Gold Cup squad, but being withheld by Vancouver because he was an alternate. 

On another timeline Vancouver's in better shape and doesn't withhold him. Then he gets integrates into our national team, collecting a handful of caps. 

33 minutes ago, Kent said:

The commentator says "It's for moment's like that, that they paid their big big fee" after a player making $1,039,800 in guaranteed compensation pokes home the perfectly weighted, brilliant defense splitting pass from a player making $96,375.

Only in MLS lol. 

Agree it was a perfect pass.

Yesterday he was playing in a centre mid/attacking mid position and was doing a lot against a very good Seattle team. He had 2 key passes that led to  an assist, and arguably a second (hockey  assist). 2 great shots on net, 1 of a free kick. 

I think what gets him into the team is his versatility, and his consistent performances which he is doing. 

35 minutes ago, Shway said:

Yesterday he was playing in a centre mid/attacking mid position and was doing a lot against a very good Seattle team.

First time I've seen him in such a role and he excelled at it (at least according to this highlight pack).

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

MLS also made an error on the second goal. They gave the second assist to Cristian Arango but it should have been Edward's. So he actually had 2 assists.

He was the 4th last LAFC player to touch the ball on that goal.  The cross from the LAFC player deflected off another LAFC player before being put away.  Probably why he is not credited at all.  Hockey assists as stats should remain in hockey anyways.  Anyone who watches game should know the importance of the build up and many of those passes are far greater than the final assist anyways.

I have to admit I was wondering why you guys were going on and on about Edwards. When he played for the Impact, he looked useless. He had speed but that was about it. But seeing those  highlights I can see why you guys are high on him. He's a completely different player from when he was here. I really like what I see. Then again they were using him as a winger or wingback in Montreal. He looks great as a central midfielder.

Edited by Sal333

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

I have to admit I was wondering why you guys were going on and on about Edwards. When he played for the Impact, he looked useless. He had speed but that was about it. But seeing those  highlights I can see why you guys are high on him. He's a completely different player from when he was here. I really like what I see. Then again they were using him as a winger or wingback in Montreal. He looks great as a central midfielder.

I still think he has something to offer, he certainly can be a serviceable option for the national team under the right circumstances. His speed is certainly something good to have as you can not teach it. 

When he was on TFC, he was lights out. Had a really left foot, could wip in a good cross too. He was poor man Laryea, which isn’t a knock by any means. His most memorable play for TFC in my opinion was the unbelievable pass he made to Giovinco for the Canadian Cup Championship against Montreal in the dying seconds of the final. People forget he made the play. 

Could be a very interesting player for the national team next year if he continues his form into next season. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...