Vince193

Milan Borjan

7 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Wonder if Borjan doesn't find another club in the January or summer transfer window.

They love him and will still be in the Europa League, if the can just avoid defeat in Greece next month. 

That said I would very much take him at West Ham at the moment ( have you seen our keeper?)

My god. If we saw that level of defending for Canada, this board would be on fire. Borjan made 2 great saves, but he was at fault for the 5th goal (He really isn’t a good passer), and I would have liked him to have come off his line a bit more on the 3rd. 

Seems strange that Borjan gets crucified for allowing 6 goals against Bayern Munich in a Champions League game but Crepeau is being recommended as our starter after getting rocked all season this year with the Whitecaps.

I'm a Crepeau fan but a big reason for his accolades this season are in large part to the poor team in front of him.  Seems like a double standard for people to applaud Crepeau for his performances this season and yet put down Borjan for his goals against in a tough champions league group.  If anything Red Star are much farther behind in player/team quality in the champions league than Vancouver is in the MLS.

Borjan is still my number 1 personally but I would love to see Crepeau get a string of games in 2020.

27 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Seems strange that Borjan gets crucified for allowing 6 goals against Bayern Munich in a Champions League game but Crepeau is being recommended as our starter after getting rocked all season this year with the Whitecaps.

Touché!  Excellent point.

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

I don’t think literally a soul here has said Crepeau should be our starter. Now a lot of people are saying he should get a chance at a start or 2, but to be our bonafide starter? Not sure if anyone has said that 

1 hour ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

I don’t think literally a soul here has said Crepeau should be our starter. Now a lot of people are saying he should get a chance at a start or 2, but to be our bonafide starter? Not sure if anyone has said that 

Maybe go back scour some recent game thread forms.  Seems like there are a few people suggesting they would prefer Crepeau.  And I don't even have a problem with that recommendation because I am a big fan of his.  I was simply stating what some people credit one goalie for, many also seem to discredit the other goalie for in similar circumstances.

But honestly, I think you missed the point of the post altogether.

Edited by Corazon