Milan Borjan

Vince193

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, VinceA said:

https://streamable.com/id25q

He needs to leave the team and the league. I get he loves being there and he's the man there but Jesus christ according to a number of Serbians Red Star regularly get goals like this, and are gifted penalties in what is quite clearly a corrupt and fixed league.

Those serbians, might be partizan fans. Ask Red Star fans and they would probably say the same but about partizan. These allegations exist in most countries.

45 minutes ago, VinceA said:

https://streamable.com/id25q

He needs to leave the team and the league. I get he loves being there and he's the man there but Jesus christ according to a number of Serbians Red Star regularly get goals like this, and are gifted penalties in what is quite clearly a corrupt and fixed league.

I am a Liverpool supporter, and watch every game they play, in the Premier League and Champions League. In the last 18 months, I have seen 3 different goalkeepers playing for what is one of the biggest, best-supported clubs in the world, concede goals that are every bit as bad as that. A couple even happened in the Champions League final.

• 2 weeks later...

Not surprising how badly Red Star have looked in the CL. their league is fixed in their favour so they don't actually get tested at all in their league. A bit worrying if the only true "competitive" minutes Borjan gets is UCL and with Canada.

Edited by VinceA

23 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Not surprising how badly Red Star have looked in the CL. their league is fixed in their favour so they don't actually get tested at all in their league. A bit worrying if the only true "competitive" minutes Borjan gets is UCL and with Canada.

Couldnt imagine just how much better he would be if he was being truly tested week in and week out, scary thought for the rest of CONCACAF

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Did anyone watch the game? How did he do? Was he at fault for any of the goals, or was this just Tottenham being superior to Red Star?

Couldn't say any of the goals were directly his fault, first one was a crazy scramble in the box but wouldn't say it was directly on him. Played pretty well but continues to have his 1 or 2 "what are you thinking" moments.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems strange that Borjan gets crucified for allowing 6 goals against Bayern Munich in a Champions League game but Crepeau is being recommended as our starter after getting rocked all season this year with the Whitecaps.

I'm a Crepeau fan but a big reason for his accolades this season are in large part to the poor team in front of him.  Seems like a double standard for people to applaud Crepeau for his performances this season and yet put down Borjan for his goals against in a tough champions league group.  If anything Red Star are much farther behind in player/team quality in the champions league than Vancouver is in the MLS.

Borjan is still my number 1 personally but I would love to see Crepeau get a string of games in 2020.