Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

Lucas had a solid game last night. Held the ball up well, did well in tight spaces, drew several fouls, scored the PK, set up Caicedo (who should have finished his chance), and worked his ass off as per normal. At the moment, he's going to Qatar in my mind.  He's still behind David and Larin, but based on his performance as of late, he'll be on the plane to Qatar this fall.  (Having said that: We're still months away from booking flights.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

What a great pass to set him free and what a hammer shot. Drove it through the keeper

I caught the second half of this one.  I'm sure lots don't like Sartini, but I'm somehow attracted to full on lunacy.  I was thinking I hope they get a winner, Sartini is going to lose his noodle if they do.  Great to see Cav score the winner.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Should also note that he will miss the next match due to yellow card accumulation.

It was a deserved yellow.  He fouled the player if I recall correctly.  And then when the player was on the ground, he kicked the ball towards him and the ball hit him. It was softly kicked and only to speed up the free kick (as they were losing 1-0 at that time) but you just can’t do that

2 hours ago, prairiecanuck said:

I caught the second half of this one.  I'm sure lots don't like Sartini, but I'm somehow attracted to full on lunacy.  I was thinking I hope they get a winner, Sartini is going to lose his noodle if they do.  Great to see Cav score the winner.

Everybody in Vancouver loves Sartini. In fact I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like Sartini, unless you’re from Toronto and didn’t like his celebratory strip after the Canadian Championship 🤣

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

On 6/10/2021 at 11:30 AM, JamboAl said:

I don’t get this hate for Herdman.  He could qualify us for the World Cup and get us to the quarter-finals and some on here would still have him fired.  Glass half-full people!

The key thing here is that this post was from June 10th, 2021.